Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Aeryn's learning English

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Aeryn's learning English
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I'm really enjoying the plot line of Aeryn trying to speak English on Season 4 of Farscape.

There have been some classic moments - "jirl power" for " girl power", "wuuuurmhowle" and her conversation with the "enforcer" on 1908s Earth.

Maybe Aeryn should take some lessons from Chiana. She doesn't seem to have any trouble at all speaking with the young John Crighton.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, the old problem with the translator microbes. Everytime David Kemper gets asked about their 'logic' he says, "There isn't any, but hey, they're cool."
That's why Trekkies hate Farscape.

I must say I adore Aeryn's stabs at the lingo. One of those precious little, only seemingly flick-of-the-wrist character details one can't find in any other show of its kind, and Claudia pulls it off admirably to carry it way past a simple running gag. One of those very effective vignettes to show the various states of ups & downs of her relationship with Crichton.

*sigh* ... Gawds, I miss the show terribly. Frown

morose
The Xenatizer

"No! No! I will NOT be a slave to your hormones!"
"MY hormones? Hey, I was lips, YOU were tongue!"

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post