Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.12 (Feb. 4, 2004) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.12 (Feb. 4, 2004) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
I know I usually wait until the morning to post about "Angel", but this episode totally blew me away.

I'll admit it -- I read the spoilers, knew exactly how it was going to end, and still cried like a baby at the end! What a fantastic performance by Charisma Carpenter and what a swan song for Cordelia Chase!

I hadn't realized how much I missed Cordy until she was back -- and was she ever back! We even got to see her kick a little butt!

Loved the "Lilah Junior" comment as Cordy dragged Eve off by her ear! I really enjoyed the scene where Cordy and Angel were watching the tape of Doyle. A nice tribute to both Doyle and Glenn Quinn. Laughed out loud at Lorne's comment about demon urine -- "And look, I seem to be making some now." Harmony's "torture" and subsequent disappoint at Eve not running.

Did anyone else catch that look Fred was giving Wes as he was saying the incantation?????

Ave Cordelia -- may she rest in peace.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
did anyone else have angel taken off b/c of basketball?
i think they're showing the ep on saturday at 5

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by panT:
did anyone else have angel taken off b/c of basketball?
i think they're showing the ep on saturday at 5

They showed it for me. I've got it taped if they don't reair it.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I didn't get it because of basketball. I'm not sure when they're reairing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it was just the dream of you, and not the reality that I loved.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yeah, definitely good to see Cordy back, even if only for one more eppy. Over all, it was a good episode. Arista nailed all the highlights. (p.s. I noticed the stare Fred was giving Wes, too. What's up with that?!) Oh, one more thing I will add that I liked: GOODBYE TO EVE! I didn't like her character. It was like she was trying to be sneaky and evil, but also be one of the gang, and it just annoyed the crap out of me.

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was how fast they took Lindsay out. I really thought they'd widen his storyline. He was manipulating Spike, he was working with Eve to take over Wolfram and Hart, and he had all those sexy tattoos that made him virtually undetectable. Plus, he learned some new moves, magic or otherwise.

Angel meets him in the W&H basement, and within minutes, Lindsay's subdued and on his way to getting a spankin' from the Senior Partners.

I mean, I understand that Angel is actually that good at taking out the bad guys, but it's like, after all that work of allowing Lindsay to push and twist the plot for most of this season, they take him right out of the storyline Frown. I wanted more!

[This message was edited by xenachick on 05 February 2004 at 03:24 PM.]

Posts: 8 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 26 January 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I hardly ever watch Angel anymore period, but I tuned in when I learned Cordy was coming back. Can I just say Charisma Carpenter = hot?

Cause yeah, man she looked good. I liked all the moments Arista pointed out too. The ending totally got me, I loved it. I prolly will go back to being apathetic about Angel now but man, it was a great ep.

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

If I change my hair
If I change my clothes
Will you notice me?

If I lick my lips
If I say hello
Will you notice me?

I want you to notice me.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
They showed it for me. I've got it taped if they don't reair it.

it's supposed to be on right now, but WB has on live at the apollo Frown

edit: looked at tvguide.com and it might be on at 10pm

[This message was edited by chicaT on 07 February 2004 at 06:55 PM.]

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
I know I usually wait until the morning to post about "Angel", but this episode totally blew me away.

I'll admit it -- I read the spoilers, knew exactly how it was going to end, and still cried like a baby at the end! What a fantastic performance by Charisma Carpenter and what a swan song for Cordelia Chase!

I hadn't realized how much I missed Cordy until she was back -- and was she ever back! We even got to see her kick a little butt!

Loved the "Lilah Junior" comment as Cordy dragged Eve off by her ear! I really enjoyed the scene where Cordy and Angel were watching the tape of Doyle. A nice tribute to both Doyle and Glenn Quinn. Laughed out loud at Lorne's comment about demon urine -- "And look, I seem to be making some now." Harmony's "torture" and subsequent disappoint at Eve not running.

Did anyone else catch that look Fred was giving Wes as he was saying the incantation?????

Ave Cordelia -- may she rest in peace.

Yes! EXACTLY! And where usually I'm able to tell myself, it's a sci-fi show and this character could return, this was so final. I lost it like it was somebody I knew.

I did also think that Lindsey was dispatched a little quickly.

But, Cordy, WOW! What a way to go.

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i love lindsey. i don't mind that angel "took him out", but it was such a dodgey exit. it was kind of like that episode of the simpsons with poochy, where they just slide him off the screen with a note about him being killed on his way back to his home planet. for this reason above all others, i hope that lindsey will return. lilah would be nice too. what ever happened to her anyway? wasn't she doomed to be wandering the halls of woolfram and hart forever? are the angel team not constantly in the halls of wolfram and hart? would it not then make logical sense that their various twines should meet?? but i digress.

yes, the swan song was good. i had a well-deserved tear in my eye for that one. i think what really got to me though was doyle. how charisma could watch that footage and keep it together is just a true credit to her. david as well, but at least he got to hide in the doorway for a while. they're both remarkable people.

--------------------------------------