Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.4 (October 22, 2003) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.4 (October 22, 2003) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Episode Title - "Hellbound"

Mmmkay. It's probably just me, but my mouth was left a little dry after this episode. For some reason, I had geared myself up for this to be an awesome scary episode and I thought it was only so-so.

* Why's everyone so worried about Fred? I mean, she goes a little cooky after being stuck in a demon dimension for 5 years -- writing on the walls of her cave and such -- and everyone worries when she starts getting a little obsessive. Sheesh. Roll Eyes

* The Buffy mention by Fred. Wonder when Angel and Spike are actually going to sit down and talk about Buffy.

* Angel: "I never told anyone this before, but I really liked your poems."

Spike: "You like Manilow."

* The Reaper -- not sure how I feel about him. He just wasn't... creepy?

* I'll admit that I was a little disturbed by the quick flash of, presumedly Spike, in hell with what appeared to be barbed wire wrapped around his mouth and eyes. That reminded me of "Hellraiser."

* No mailroom guy!! WTF!?!?

Okay... next week's episode is Angel's first Halloween episode. I've always enjoyed the Buffy Halloween episodes, so hopefully this one will be good.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Decent article at CNN.com about Season 5, should anyone be interested. Minor spoilers for upcoming episodes.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i also thought, what with the disclaimer and all, that it would be scarier and have more nakediness

and yes disappointed about no mail guy.. perhaps he'll be in the halloween ep

liaison girl kinda gives me the willies

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
we had no such disclaimer and i can see why. it wasn't all that scary, but i kind of psyched myself into thinking it was anyway. the nakedness was much appreciated (she says while wearing her spike shirt with pride) Smile

it was better than the last episode, but i have a feeling that may have more to do with spike's general presence rather than the content of the show.

am i the only one not obsessed with that guy in the mask? and where was harmony Frown?

there were some gross bits in it, but all in all, it didn't make me cringe anymore than the whole torturing thing with spike and angel in the 3rd ep of the first season (the name excapes me, but the sequal to "harsh light of day"), or all "the first" goings on with spike in buffy. also the reaper sucked. if he could manipulate his own reality, why didn't he make himself all hot and spunky? moron. very weak indeed.

i liked the poem quote. it was cute Smile

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness