Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Season Of Death (SW S3)

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Season Of Death (SW S3)
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
First up, let me just say that Claudia Black was MADE to wear that silver outfit (or was it made to wear her?)

*roooooooooowwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

OK, now that I've got that out of my system .....

This opening episode flowed on so well from last season that I didn't even realise we'd launched into Season 3 until I heard the new theme song. Good job!

Scorpy was REALLY nasty in this show. I like that in a villian. Making that guy shoot himself in the arm, bite off a finger and face the Scarran were beautiful touches.

The story with Jothee, Chiana and D'Argo continues to develop nicely. Matt Newtown is doing an excellent job with that character, IMO.

D'Argo provided a few great comic touches:

"Do NOT make me tongue you!"

"One plan at a time!"

"I hate the cold."

I liked John during this episode. He works well with snappy dialogue:

"Freeze or fry!"

I enjoyed the whole scene where he was pulverising the clone in his head. It's amusing to watch him do "pop speak".

Also liked the way that Aeryn and John said "I love you" without looking at each other. It made the moment really true, and not forced.

Stark annoyed the crap out of me, yet again.

This was my Stark annoyance rating:

[Smash] [Smash] [Smash] [Smash]

He overdid the whole "I can hear their souls" thing and was completely useless most of the time (when he wasn't being hypocritical).

The whole "unity thing" (as Aeryn put it) worked well, although it was a little contrived ie. we can get Aeryn back from the dead with a bit of a seance.

Overall I loved this ep. Lots happening and lots to come.

[Smile]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Your response, Mr U?

I'm dying to hear it. Smile

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
I'm deadly sentimental, when it comes to this ep. Every time I see it, I get a lump in my throat when John chokes on his relief in Aeryn's arms. (listen to his voice!)

I had my doubts if they could keep up the quality of the S2 cliffhanger, but I wasn't disappointed. (well, apart from the slightly cheesy resurrection, but that's just me)

There's more to come in the way of comments..., stay tuned...

rushed
The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post