Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Survivor All-stars 6th episode - spoilers

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Survivor All-stars 6th episode - spoilers
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted
<no spoilers yet>

SURVIVORS READY!!!

"Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop."

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
*covers eyes intensely* i just had to post this to say that sqealed with delight at the little torch holding smiley. so cute! Big Grin

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Re: episode 6

Well. I didn't see *that* coming.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
As fellow women, we felt for Sue.

It was fun to watch the reward challenge. Good thing the survivors decided to do it or else the ep would have been boring since there was no immunity challenge and immunity.

This morning we saw on tv both Sue and Hatch sitting side by side for an interview. We didn't watch it because we were hurrying off for work.

"Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop."

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I watched it. She didn't want to sue him, like Rupert seemed to think (though I guess she had considered it briefly). They've discussed it and agreed that they had differing perspectives on what happened. He seemed very sympathetic to her point of view and said he was sorry she felt so bad. She just wants to put it behind her. She didn't even watch the episode last night. She also said that she hopes Rich will consider other people's feelings in the future, and he seemed to be in total agreement with that. There was probably more. Anyway, I'm glad I watched it. I like them both a little better now.

[This message was edited by Heitie on 05 March 2004 at 09:08 PM.]

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
well, considering Rupert witnessed Sue's self-admittedly greed (i.e. her determination that all previous winner must go go go...) and the fact that hey--everybody's 'playin' the game,' i could see why it would occur to he and Boston Rob that she meant it when she said she wanted to sue Hatch. $10 mil beats $1. unfortunately Sue had about an equal chance at either...

i'm glad both parties have...recovered. personally, i think Sue flaked out.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I don't react calmly to having private parts rubbed on me without my consent, even if they're not naked. I'd rather someone speak out about it and get the issue into the open than keep it in so it's never resolved. Plus they're in adverse conditions and it's all happening in front of millions of people, so who knows how much of a part that played in the intensity of her reaction. I realize they asked to be on the show, but not to be treated like that by fellow cast members.

Maybe some viewers learned something about appropriate behavior and consideration of others.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I'll concede that Rupert probably had reason for thinking Sue was going to go after some money, but at the same time I think he's about as much of a philosopher and a psychologist as he is a tropical-beach-shelter builder. All talk, no logic.

And Kathy! yes, it's just all about her and her good time. If I'm remembering right, I didn't like her on her original season after the first couple of weeks or so, but I hadn't seen much of that unpleasant personality this time around. oooh yeah. There it is. Even ALICIA showed more sympathy, which, like Rob pointed out, you have to do in these situations because you really can't know what's in the other person's head.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I saw them on the morning interview too and it seemed more resolved than I thought it would be. I still can't help wondering if maybe CBS/Burnett reached some kind of monetary settlement with Sue in the time between the incident and the airdate. The way Sue interviewed that Burnett and the network had been 'helpful' and 'good to her' in the aftermath seemed a little cryptic to me.
I dunno maybe they just got her some counseling and did some mediation at base camp but still...

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind if they gave her some money. Like Miss Alli says in the recap of the incident, he never should've been allowed to be naked in a challenge in which contact was almost assured. The producers dropped the ball, so to speak.

Anyway, I want Colby off my tv screen. I just wanted to say that out loud.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
for the record, i too think it was inappropriate. but if you're playing Survivor with richard hatch, what do you expect? if i'd been Sue, i wouldn't have liked hatch rubbing his business on me, but i wouldn't have tanked my whole game over it. for someone who'd been so unabashedly greedy, i thought it was lame. win now, crater later.

i think i'm starting to favor Lex. i like how he's playing the game. for now...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
As long as it gets Colby off my screen I'm fine with it. I think a Lex/Jerri final two would be awesome.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
if it had been me, i would have a. pushed rich off the beam to start with and say "i slipped", or, if i had been affected so badly by it (allowing for the circumstances and such) i would have been totally satisfied with rich being voted out and got on with the game. at the risk of being unpopular, i wonder if she wasn't just looking for a way out, and that's why she let herself get so worked up. i feel sorry for osten, he left for his physical health and he got all kinds of crap, and she left for her mental health and no one says a thing. very double standard. maybe that's just me.

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness