Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.14 (Feb. 18, 2004) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.14 (Feb. 18, 2004) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
After being absolutely crushed by the news that "Angel" has been cancelled and this is one of the 9 remaining original episodes, it felt good to laugh. And laugh I did with this episode.

Good Things:
  • Puppet Angel (to include Vamp Puppet Angel)- the hair, the forehead, the constant scowl, the detachable nose, the mannerisms! Hilarious.
  • Puppet Angel vs. Spike - smackdown in the W&H elevators.
  • Wes and Fred!!!! FINALLY!!!!
  • "Medic! Doctor! Is there a Geppetto in the house!?" Lorne is a highly under utilized character.
  • Fred's comment that she "loves this one" regarding the puppets' song about math.

Bad Things:
  • Gunn - WTF!? I guess he's the one that gets corrupted by W&H.
  • The previews for next week's episode. Gah!

Overall, a very funny, innovative, cute episode. Not sure how I feel about Nina and Angel, but I'll reserve opinion on that one for a later time.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
That was such a cute episode! Angel all hiding behind his desk, constantly losing his widdle puppet temper, making those faces. It was hilarious when he vamped!

It was funny having puppets as villains too.

AH! Fred and Wes! So beautiful, so bittersweet!

So Gunn only had the trial version, and now he's got the full upgrade. That can't end well.

I guess this was the comedy before the kleenex. It would have been nice to see what was planned for next season. Frown

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
FINALLY!
Fred has stopped being ignorant and Wes is going to be happy!
YAY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it was just the dream of you, and not the reality that I loved.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jubs:
FINALLY!
Fred has stopped being ignorant and Wes is going to be happy!
YAY!

To be honest, I don't think Fred really ever was ignorant to Wes' feelings toward her. I think she just chose to ignore them.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i don't think i've ever laughed that much watching angel.. too cute Big Grin

about the previews: i thought eve was gone

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f.r.o.s.T:
[...]

about the previews: i thought eve was gone

Apparently not. She still creeps me out for some reason. smash

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I thought I would hate this episode. I rather enjoyed it. Not so good to watch when sore though--laughing hurt. *g*

How funny is it that when Spike wins a fight w/ Angel it's only because Angel doesn't really want to win? Puppet Angel, can kick that bony ass. *g*

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself."

Ethel Barrymore

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
what in the name of our lord jim henson!?

for those of us in australia (as some of you may know) we don't get previews. worse still, i missed the first half hour of this ep, so there was absolutely nothing to prepare me for what i was about to see: some form of rabbid muppet, attacking my spike, and then actually defeating him! then to my horror, i learn that this thing - this creature from a child-warping nightmare - is MY angel!! i must say i was not impressed with that.

as i got used to the idea, i saw some humour in it, but people, if your'e gonna do muppets, then do them right - anything less is sacrilegious. however, as a conessiure of voice talents, it was interesting to see how davey stood up to the challenge. it wasn't great, but it wasn't all that bad. by the end of the half hour, i was almost buying into the idea that the muppet was really angel - not just a few bits of felt, hastily thrown together in a grotesque characature of inadequacey (thems fightin' words i know, and i am trying to remember that they probably only had a week to design and manufacture the thing, and probably a very limited resource of technical knowledge and funds to pull it off, but i'm a *insert bad word here* about this stuff). good on david for making it almost believable.

anyway, back to the story. it felt like old territory to me and i don't quite think anyone knew what they were doing with the material or why. having said that, i remind you that i only saw the last half. perhaps there was some great point to it that i alone am missing. if the point (as i so horribly fear it was) is to say that children's programming is bad and that they brainwash kids so fully that they would willingly kill and die if the tv told them to, then i say put down your chinpokemon (obscure southpark reference - look it up) and write some new and/ordecent storylines!! argh!!

*deep breath*

what's with the sweet but deadly werewolf lover? here i was thinking that that storyline had been done already. did i mention the NEW storylines??

bah.

--------------------------------------