Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Xena Movie
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena Movie
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted
I was just over at the website Dark Horizons where it mentions this:

Xena: The Movie: The warrior princess herself Lucy Lawless was on nationwide radio station 91ZM in New Zealand yesterday according to TheFlikSpot where she apparently indicated a movie based on the Xena series is in the works, although its in early stages as yet. A decent budget (around $50-60 million) seems to be on the cards with the film to be treated like a blockbuster for Universal. She didn't apparently elaborate on a story or cast but did confirm a few of the regulars would return along with some new bigger names

However true it is, just thought I should post it here for you all to read [Smile]

PS It's mentioned in the news for Thursday, so just incase you go there and there's a new days news and you can't find it....

[Smile]

[ January 09, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Salem ]

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Nouchy>
posted
Oh oh OH! I hope its true, I hope its true. And I hope the regulars include Joxer!!!! And I'd say Ares... but... y'know... [Frown] I just hope they don't cast someone else as Ares - it wouldn't be right. Just hope he isn't in the movie, like he wasn't in every Xena episode.

Report This Post
<Shane>
posted
Kool !
I never really thought they would ,hope they do it soon. [Smile]

Report This Post
<TheLastOne>
posted
If anything happens, look for it to be 3 to 4 years down road.

Jenn

Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Ooh...and movie'd be very cool. *hoping*

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<xen1te>
posted
A movie would be great. Did it say who was directing it? I hope its Sam Raimi then bruce campbell would have to be in it as hes in all sam raimi films (i think)

Report This Post
<TheLastOne>
posted
Of course no director has been set. They haven't even written a script and the studio hasn't even said: let's make a movie.

No SERIOUS discussions have taken place. Don't put the cart before the horse.

It's still wishful thinking.

Jenn

Report This Post
<xen1te>
posted
Sorry, guess i got over excited

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Just a "what if" question...

IF there were a movie in the works what would you prefer- a prequel or a sequel??

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
how about a little of both--you know...something new. like a secret from Xena's past comes back to haunt her in the future...
[Wink]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Hell, Star Trek did it (with both series), X Files did it, why wouldn't Xena? Huge fan base, the possibility of millions in sales, they'd be fools not to.

As for your question lila, that's a tough one. On first reaction, I'd say 'pre' because I'd love to see old characters, Minya, Auto, Joxer, etc... BUT there is a HUGE part of me that would give just about anything to see Xena ALIVE and ALIVE as in after FIN. Know what I mean?

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<xen1te>
posted
I'd like the movie to be based after the series so Xena can be bought back alive. I guess the only problem with that is that you will miss out on a lot of the older charcters e.g Joxer. Maybe they could bring him back to life too lol

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
SWEEET!!!!

I reaally REALLY hope its true.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That would be so cool!!! And if it is true... Hopefully it'll come to Sweden to....

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Funny, but no-one has yet asked who will play Xena.

realistic
The Xenatizer

[ January 13, 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
<Stace>
posted
going to have to make an unpopular post here I'm afraid...

Can't say I'm too thrilled at the idea. I mean its not likely to live up to my expectations (which are I admit unrealistic). Here's some cons (or potential cons for the ones posed as questions), a few which have already been mention/implied...

1. No Kevin Smith

2. Lucy Lawless to play Xena?? not definite and seems unlikely considering what she has said in the past.

3. Number of original cast members agreeing to do it?? C'mon its hard being an actor, trying not to get typecast, trying to move on after a series has finished and be recognised for something different. For me, if they cast a different actor to play Xena, Ares, Eve, or even a smaller character like Ephiny I would be disappointed. And surely they can't get everyone back, which means we'll probably be introduced to new characters! Wasn't she-who-should-not-be-named enough of a travesty in the finale!?

4. And, importantly, we need a movie that is going to do justice to the series. People like us would be the movies harshest critics (the fans usually are). If they do a prequel I can just imagine sitting through the whole thing making sure nothing was said or done that contradicted something seen in the series. If its a sequel I'd be carefully scrutinsing it to see if they have Xena/Gabs/anyone doing something they never would have done in the series. If that makes sense. How they bring Xena back to life wouldn't worry me, god we've swallowed ambrosia, Eli has raised us and we've had our fair share of crosses I don't mind a good 'coming of life'.

My biggest fear is of major disappointment. After being miserable for a while at the end of season six the last thing I want is to be devastated by an anti-climactic movie.

That being said. I could definitely get excited about watching a 2.5hr movie with just Xena and Renee wandering around Greece again, provided it was LL and ROC.

Still in four to five years maybe I won't care so much? I know this time last year I would have given anything for a movie. Now I just don't want anything to ruin my happy memories about the series.

thats it... ahh its good to be posting again!

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
I do understand what you mean,Stace and I agree with you on some points.

I dont think that the movie could live up to my expectations coz,just like yours, they're unrealistic! The movie would have to be so much better than the series!

I think Lucy would do a movie although she said she wouldnt want to wear the same costume. The questions is,would Reneé do it? Has she ever said something about it???

I agree 100% with you what you said about the typecast-thingy. If they did have to cast other actors, because the original ones wouldnt want to do it,which would be understandable, it just wouldnt be the same.

But apart from all that...I would love to see Xena and Gabrielle on the big screen but only if Lucy and Reneé did it!!!

[ January 13, 2003, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: CorXy - scroller pain in your a$$ ]

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I would watch a Xena movie.

I'm not sure whether or not I would enjoy it.

I'd prefer that they don't make one right away.

I have eps on tape. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
...as long they don't cast Angelina Jolie as Xena and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Gabrielle [Roll Eyes]
I think I would watch anything if it has Lucy's Xena.
A low budget sequel directed by Michael Hurst could work better than a mega made by a 'strange'.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Have to disagree there.
If there's to be a movie at all, then it couldn't be soon enough. In a few years Lucy'd be pushing 40, and we know how producers think, do we?
They'd do a 'Smallville' on the saga, give Lucy a cameo for a flashback opening to hook the fans and reduce New Xena's armour to tanga size to compensate for loss of brain.

But I think Lucy knows that as well as Rob,
and there are a few vague possibilities which could make the project far better than one fears.
Sam Raimi's an old bud of Rob's, and he's never shied away from directing mid-budget movies. Also has his name gained massive weight with the money people since Spiderman. If he could be persuaded to join, the prospects would shoot up no end.
I know, wishful thinking, but not totally impossible.
Apart from that would he of course be an ideal director, since he's done Army Of Darkness, responsible for most of the trademarks defining the typical RenPics style.
Ted & Bruce Campbell would of course be there like a shot, and I'm sure ROC also wouldn't sneer at the prospect of rekindling Gabs one more time under those conditions.
Then perhaps a decent script... perhaps making Steven L. Sears return once more... *sigh*

... *slapping myself to wake up from the daydream*

Sorry, folks, but it's ever so tempting to think of the possibilities. [Embarrassed]

off
The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
<Lisa>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Nouchy:
Oh oh OH! I hope its true, I hope its true. And I hope the regulars include Joxer!!!! And I'd say Ares... but... y'know... [Frown] I just hope they don't cast someone else as Ares - it wouldn't be right. Just hope he isn't in the movie, like he wasn't in every Xena episode.

I really, REALLY agree! It definately wouldn't be right for somebody 2 replace Kevin Smith as Ares. It is just so sad that he died. NO ONE can replace him!!! Still, if there really is going 2b a Xena movie, then...actually, I don't know how to put my excitement in2 words right now. *Does happy dance.* I know the movie might not be perfect because they might not bring back all the old characters and actors, but as long as LUCY and RENEE do the movie together, it's all good. I hope they come out with a Xena movie, and I hope they do it as soon as possible. [Xena] [Gabrielle]

Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
I hope they make it soon so LL & ROC are still
believable as Xena & Gabby.

i hope Rob stays away from writing or directing the movie. There's plenty of great film writers & directors out there to reinvent Xena in their own way.

i hope the movie has nothing to do with the crappy finale. Set the storyline in another season, pre-pregnant Xena, please, or post-resurrection at the very latest.

And put lotsa goodies on the extended version dvd.
No skimping like they do on the tv series dvds!

Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
YAY Ulrich ...
Its good to see you on This side of the argument now .. [Wink]
I agree... Soon, if it is to be Lucy !

I have also changed my mind
I once said that the charcters could stand alone Separate from the Actors..

I Think that Xena is so much a Creation of Lucy's that any one else would almost certainly create a disaster.

I want my movie!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I most say that the swedish Xenaites at Swedish Xena Discussion Board had an intresting idea... How about an Über-Xena-movie? At least I would be intrested....

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
<TheLastOne>
posted
Ubers have never rested well with the general fan population. The Clones and Annie/hattie/Harry were never popular. The only uber characters which fans liked were "Mel and Janice." M and J would be a more accepting movie than the clones and Annie and Co. At least the fans might remotely be interested in a M and J movie.

I can't see them making all-Uber movie. If they were, then this is one fan who'll keep their $7 and wait till the movie goes to the $2 section at Hollywood Video. And I know theres millions of others who feel the same way I do.

The fact is, they haven't even decided on a story if there is even to be one.

Jenn

Report This Post