Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    Convesations on a Theme

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Convesations on a Theme
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted
digging through the old documents i transferred to this comp from the old one (avoiding the task at hand...house-cleaning) and found this. lost the original date when a trandferred it...but i'm guessing 2000 at the latest. amusing...

Conversations on a Theme

Ares

"You're being a chump."

"Shut up, Ares."

"I'll never understand what you see in her."

"I'll never expect you to."

"Why do you...do what you do .for her? She'll never be worthy of you."

"Worthy of me? That's not what I'm worried about."

"This whole self-sacrifice bit just isn't you, Xena. You were always more of a 'see something you like and take it' kinda girl."

"Ancient history, Ares. Now leave me alone. There's nothing you can say that can rile me tonight."

"I'm telling you, Xena. You can only bottle up those feelings of resentment for so long before your anger gets the best of you."

"And just what do I have to resent...?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that no matter how much you do for her, you still can't have her. Not the way you want her."

"I know I told you to shut up..."

Callisto

"He's right you know. She'll never be totally yours. You scare her."

"Great. Another county heard from..."

"Can you deny it?"

"Do you actually believe I'm going to engage in a discussion about...this...with you, Callisto?"

"Oh your participation is optional, Xena. But I'm betting you will listen..."

"Somehow I doubt anything you'll offer will be news to me."

"Like the fact that you scare her? Of course you know that, Xena. But does she know how much she scares you?"

Lao Ma

"In many ways she is as you were when you came to me. She is learning lessons you mastered long ago."

"I haven't mastered anything. It's a daily battle."

"Yes. But you have the skills, the knowledge, the power to help her. You know The Way."

"So does she. And she's strong-much stronger than I am in some ways. She's just afraid, I think. Afraid of me...the life I have to offer..."

"Do not let the voices of your past mistakes make you doubtful. She is even stronger than you think. As I said, she is as you were."

"I was a wild animal..."

"You were lost-you trusted no one, not even yourself. She too must learn to trust."

"And what do I do?"

"What you are doing. Guide her. Help her know her path is her own, but she need not walk it alone."

"That doesn't mean she will walk it with me."

"Your words ring with truth, but your heart refuses to hear."

i supppose at some point i should finish it...as i recall i intended there to be a Gabrielle section, too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post