Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Reality TV    American Idol
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: xenacrazed

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
American Idol
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Eek When I heard Ryan say that Porkchop (that's what we call him at home) was safe I could not believe my ears. Not to say that it was a bad thing that Constintine went home but Porkchop's diva attitude makes me sick. I don't know if anyone caught this but when Ryan told the top three to go back and sit down, Karrie had this look of disgust on her face. It was priceless.

I like the Nickelback song but he butchered it. My girlfriend (Rachel- she does have a name) found out that his band got a record deal.

Does anyone have any idea if it's free from a regular cell phone? I'm sure minutes apply but I don't have cingular and we don't have a land line either. I have sprint. I just don't want to have to pay 99cts a minute. At this point I have to start voting if I want Porkchop to go away.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
who else was in the bottom 3 with Constant-ly Annoying?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Vonzel(I was surprised) and Anthony(finally)

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ok...Porkchop & Stoma Boy need to go. the final 3 should definitely be Vonzell, Karrie (i think i've decided to spell her name diffrently every tuime i post in this thread...) & Bo. Bo's definitley the strongest of those 3, but hell, he's been at it 10 years longer than Karrie! and he'll surely get signed by some record label regardless of the American Idol outcome. so as long as it's one of those 3 i'll cool with it.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Seeee... normally, I'd be on the Vonzell train for the top three, but that's simply because her personality rocks and when she sings on key, she's great. (Let alone the fact that I take joy in saying her name every single time she comes on screen. *cough*) But the fact of the matter is that she rarely sings on key. That's not good as a recording artist. The whole point of American Idol is that they're trying to find a great singer -- someone who won't lip sync like so many other artists...someone who can go into the studio and nail that baby without having to go over it tons of times to try to hit the right notes...stuff like that. As much as I love Vonzell, she just doesn't have that going on. I have yet to hear ONE performance where she doesn't sing flat or sharp (usually flat) throughout less than half the song. Maybe it's the singer/musician in me, but like Simon and Randy, I usually hear it and it irks me. Even my favorite performance of hers "I Have Nothing" was off key in so many spots. Vonzell gets by in this competition on the fact that she has a great personality and a great voice when she's on key. It's just sad that that's rare, 'cause otherwise I'd be rooting for her to be up there in the top three.

Now Anthony, he's never off key and has a great voice. I'm trying to get why some of you are down on him, 'cause it's not like he sucks. Like Scott. And it's not like he makes love to the camera like Constant-ly Annoying (I love that! hehe). He reminds me of Clay, and given Clay's career so far, I'd say that's not a bad thing at all. I was shocked he was in the bottom three last night because personally, I think he gave the best performance on Tues. And I'm not just talking his personal best -- I mean he did the best out of everyone. He truly did, and he didn't deserve that.

Scott though...oh my gosh. I'm gonna hurl.

Sometimes I think Simon's comments make people vote for the down and out all the more. I mean, he says pack your suitcases...and next you know, Scott is in the top three. Ugh.

LOL actually now that you mention I DO recall Carrie having a lot of disgust when Ryan sent Scott over to her and Bo. That's frickin' hilarious! Ha! *cough*

*smirk* Do you think maybe zoom, you wanna call Carrie Karrie because of my K influence? Hmm hmm? *has an ego* Big Grin

~Keri

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gabber:
*smirk* Do you think maybe zoom, you wanna call Carrie Karrie because of my K influence? Hmm hmm? *has an ego* Big Grin
~Keri

that's gotta be it!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Con-stantly Grossing Me Out is gone!!!!!!!! Now we must see that Scott So-very-bad goes next! How on earth that arrogant gansta wannabe got farther than Nadia, I'll neverknow.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Keri, thanks for the link about Paula. I just now got to read it. I had to paste this though. It was too funny to pass up.

"Abdul decided to come forward and set the record straight because of the "hideous and mean" whispers surrounding her sometimes erratic "Idol" behavior (for our purposes, "erratic" is defined as frequent hoofing; nonsensical rambling, including talking over any negative contestant comments; bussing Simon Cowell; and clapping her hands in a manner that wouldn't look out of place at Sea World)."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
"hideous and mean" whispers

um...that would be me. shame shame.

i imagine i'd be "exuberant" too to find some relief after years of pain.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I saw Constintine on Ellen today. He seemed very humble and gracious. He sang Funny Valentine and his mom was in the audience. I felt a little bad for him. I'm gonna miss him a little this week despite the poutyness.

My Space

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
How in the world did I miss zoomie's acknowledgment that I am on her mind? Big Grin I knew it. It's 'cause of me. *ego ego ego* Big Grin

You're welcome, Shawn. LOL, I know, that little bit cracked me up -- especially the clapping/Sea World thing, oh my gosh, HILARIOUS. LOL. Big Grin

I'm trying to figure out if all the gangsta wannabes are voting for Scott, but would NEVER admit they actually watch such a show. Mmm hmm. 'Cause see, a REAL gangsta wouldn't be caught dead on the show. Wannabe gansta though? *smirk* Razz

~Gabber

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I thought Carrie did really good on the Trouble number...awesome vocals. Not a big fan of the second song she sang to begin with so it was hard to get into it.

I did like Bo singing Stand By Me.

What the heck was that little dance the Draco was trying to do? "Having fun" was not really working for me. And here's a hint...Backstreet Boys should not be an option on American Idol.

I really have no idea how tonight is going to go since I was totally not expecting Constintine to go last week.

My Space

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
trouble as in coldplay? i wish i had have seen that Frown. damn my feeble brain for forgetting it was on!>.<

eep! which bsb (*showing knowledge of lingo*) song did draco sing?? PLEASE tell me it was "all i have to give" Big Grin

--------------------------------------

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Trouble as in Elvis. They each did two songs each. One from a list of oldies composers and one from the Top 40 Billboard charts.

Bo- Stand By Me & Heaven (Los Lonely Boys)
Carrie- Trouble & Bless the Broken Road
Anthoney -Poison Ivy & Incomplete
Scott- On Brodway & Everytime You Go Away
Vonzel- Treat Me Nice & When you tell me that you love me

My Space

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
ooh, thanks for that. damn, i missunderstood the bsb reference. oh well, a girl can dream Roll Eyes

bo singing stand by me would have been nice. maybe it will be on his album when he wins Razz

--------------------------------------

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I watched that whole Nightline expose on Paula and the ex-idol, Corey Clark. I just don't know what to think. Either it happened just the way he said it did or he's REALLY good at fabrication. Makes me loose a little respect for Paula but kinda "knowing" her all these years I know that she's is a sucker for love and she was really trying to be helpful especially if she was in love with this guy. It just all went to hell when it came up that he had a police record. She pretty much dropped him like a bad habit after that. I definately see Paula's side and the fact that he's all scorned and trying to get back at her.
Here's a snipet

It's interesting how that is the the website of the show that I watched. However, they portray Paula as a piranha when last night it was just a love affair gone wrong.

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh and by the way....Porkchop has left the building ladies and gentlemen!!...Yay! It's about time...snotty little diva.

My Space

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*reads the article*

THAT'S WHY!!!

People were conspiring to keep Porkchop around! Ohhhh, that's evil.

Thank goodness he's gone, his attitude was really grating on me. Pssh, like a real gangsta would ever sing "Everytime You Go Away" and dance around. Shyeah right. Razz

Usually I'm an Anthony fan but oh my gosh...WHAT in the world was he SMOKING when he picked "Poison Ivy"?! That has got to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard on there. Ugh. But...I do think he did an awesome job with the BSB song.

Carrie rocked. Her doing "Trouble"? Hot. Just plain hot. And when she kicked the microphone stand off the stage? I giggled like a schoolgirl. LOL.

Although I'm annoyed that the show's people are trying to make her look more like Kelly this week. Did you think that? Her hairdo was cut the same way that Kelly's was cut near the end of the show. She scaringly looked like Kelly but with blond hair. Bring back the curls, so it doesn't happen again! There is only one Kelly, and there is only one Carrie. I may be obsessed with both, but please, let's keep my obsessions separate. Razz

Bo was good, although I didn't think it was nothing special. I got high expectations now after he did "Vehicle" 'cause that just ROCKED the other week.

Vonzell was cute.

Scott was good...for him. But that's not saying much. (Conspiracy!!)

Very happy Scott went home. The 4 people who should be there are for once, and that's a happy thought. Smile Now whoever goes home next week, I'll prolly be okay either way 'cause they're all good. Although Carrie and Bo should be in the finals, they're the best.

~Gabber

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
and then there were three. and the right three at that. back to the Ukraine for Stoma Boy...

on a side note, i saw Constantine on Ellen the other day and he managed to sing "My Funny Valentien" without all the stupid mugging. i almost didn't hate him.

go Bo.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Did you guys see the googly eyes between Stoma Boy and Carrie?...When he did his last song he started singing to her and she mouthed "I love you"....she was sobbing like a baby because he was leaving...it was sweet I thought...but only because I like Carrie so much.

My Space

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hmm, well I dunno about googly eyes... if I heard right, Anthony has a girlfriend and Carrie has a boyfriend...both back home. So I'm guessing it's a sisterly/brotherly type of love. I could see them both getting along very well actually.

I wasn't surprised by Anthony going home. I wasn't upset although I like him better than Vonzell, 'cause I think the four that were left...you can't go wrong. Er, as long as Carrie and Bo are the final two. I hope that's how it turns out, let's just say that's how it SHOULD turn out.

~Gabber

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gabber:

I wasn't surprised by Anthony going home. I wasn't upset although I like him better than Vonzell, 'cause I think the four that were left...you can't go wrong. Er, as long as Carrie and Bo are the final two. I hope that's how it turns out, let's just say that's how it SHOULD turn out.

~Gabber

I didn't know about the whole bf/gf issue they had back home...just knew that Bo's married. I can definately see the whole brotherly sisterly love too. As far as Anthony goes I can't say I was sorry to see him go (at all) (Rachel and I still do spazzed out renditions of Poison Ivy) But you're right...Bo and Carrie in the end. I would be happy with either one of them winning. I'll be buying both CD's Big Grin

Ohh and Carrie, I thought, sounded better on If You don't know me by Now than Anthony I don't know what Randy and Paula were thinking but Simon was right on the money when he said it was the band's fault...they were not playing in conjunction with Carrie at all. I almost felt bad for her during the song.

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Okay...Three contestants....three songs each...I thought carrie did really good on Crying...Bo's acapella(sp?) number was beautiful and haunting...out of all three of them Carrie still stands out to me...I don't know why. She's got a real down to earth quirky personality...And she's gorgous!...I am actually torn though....all three of them deserve to win...man...I am never this indecisive in these types of things.

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
In case you didn't catch it here's what they sang...

Carrie
Crying-beautiful job
I Feel Like a Woman- ehh
Making Love Out of Nothing at All-Air Supply (I was a little nervous with this one but she did really good)

Bo
Satisfaction
Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
Bad Lands (accapella)

Vonzel
On the Radio
Chain of Fools
I'll Never Love This Way Again -Dione Warwick

My Space

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Bo's sang a Badlands song, but i don't rememebr the name of it...gave me chills though. dude's a pro already.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?