Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    I have some VERY good news regarding our <=RB= shop Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have some VERY good news regarding our <=RB= shop Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
To: Gabe Newell
Cc: Education; Anne Pegler
Subject: Use of portals in a logo

Hi there

I am Admin of a Steam community group called Running Backwards.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RunningBackwards

We are currently using two of Valve's famous portals in our logo. This is because the group was formed through a love of Valve games, particularly Portal and Portal 2.

Our group would like to use CafePress to make some materials featuring the group logo. Things such as T shirts, mugs, etc.

These would be sold for no profit to group members only. You can do this through CafePress by choosing not to add a mark up price to items.

We are seeking your permission to use your portals in this way. Is that possible?

Feel free to contact me if you need further information about this matter.

Kind regards

Argeaux

Hello Argeaux,

For this one time no profit endeavor you have our permission.

Best, Leslie

■ Leslie Redd ■ Director of Educational Programs ■ Valve Corporation ■ leslier@valvesoftware.com ■ 425.889.9642 x224 ■

<=RB= Argy posted on May 22, 2012 @ 6:35am
I sent the following response to Leslie.

Thank you Leslie and thank you Valve.

Here are some of the responses to your email-

<=RB= KINET1CS: WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

<=RB= Sir Legend Hinisstin: Woot!

<=RB= Target-Practice: YAAAAAAY!

In gamers speak, that means that you've made the group members of Running Backwards a very happy bunch indeed.

A heartfelt thanks from me, too.

Argeaux

<=RB= KINET1CS posted on May 21, 2012 @ 9:23pm
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

<=SB= Sir Legend - Hinisstin posted on May 21, 2012 @ 10:18am
Woot!

♥Ᵽ♥Noots posted on May 21, 2012 @ 4:29am
To Gabe Newell himself! Shame he didn't reply. I suppose Leslie is an acceptable substitute.

<=RB= Target-Practice posted on May 20, 2012 @ 10:18pm
YAAAAAAY!

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post