Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    Realm of the Mad God - A quick guide for the event Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Realm of the Mad God - A quick guide for the event Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Trains
A train is when a group people go along a road and kill whatever enemies they come across, you usually keep moving along the road only stopping when theres lots of enemies to kill. Since all XP is shared it is usually the fastest way to level, but you may miss out on some good items.

Enemies you should look out for
Cubes - They look like a cube, they can be any colour usually red or green. You do not want to kill these even though they are an enemy, if you don't kill any on a single life and when you're level 20 when you die you gain extra fame.
Gods - Its hard to explain what they look like because there are so many, but if we come across one stay away unless you are high leveled and have good items. I will try to point them out and warn you if they appear.
Quest enemies - They are usually bosses of a group of enemies they generally reward you with greater XP than other enemies but at higher levels it becomes risky to take them on.

Oryx the Mad God - The Mad God will Close the realm your in when All gods have been killed, 25000 enemies have been killed and all quests have been completed. 2 minutes after Oryx closes the realm the ground will shake and you will be teleported to Oryx's realm where you and everyone else team up to fight your way through all of Oryx's minions to get to Oryx's chamber. Once you get into Oryx's chamber you need to kill him but this is not so easily done. Oryx has lots of health and deals lots of damage often 1 hit killing low leveled characters, or seriously wounding high leveled people.

Fame
Fame is earned by killing enemies, earning XP, completing quests, helping others level up and by killing gods. Fame is like a high score kind of thing but also a form of in game money, you can buy items that temporarily boost some stats or buy drake eggs which hatch and you get a drake to help you fight for a short period of time. Fame is also used to create guilds and upgrade guild halls, every time you earn fame and you're in a guild the fame you earn the guild also gets.

Changing your name.
When you first start playing Realm of the Mad God, you are given a random name. While you have this random name you cannot trade and more inportantly, you cannot be invited to our guild D: To change your name you go to the nexus and stand on the gold dude at the spawn, you can only change your name once with out paying real money... Also your name applies to all your characters.

<=SB= Sir Legend - Hinisstin posted on May 10, 2012 @ 2:35am
Nice additions!!!

A couple corrections to what you've added.

STARTING CHARACTER
The Priest character is a good one to start with. It has the added benefit of being able to heal yourself and others.

You start with the wizard, then once you reach level 5 with the wizard you unlock the priest class, once you hit I think level 10 with that you unlock the Archer. Level 20 with the archer you will unlock the rouge, then warrior. Then you need to get level 20 on all other classes to unlock others

<=RB= Argy posted on May 10, 2012 @ 1:57am
I have made a video with some notes on what is happening on screen:

http://youtu.be/QInPHunP108

It explains trains, caves, locking and teleporting, fame, Oryx's castle and jumping quickly back to the Nexus.

<=RB= Argy posted on May 10, 2012 @ 12:48am
Good guide so far, Hinisstin. I corrected some of the spelling mistakes - you're is short for you are. Your is refering to something you own.

Anyway, I had a few other things to add.

CONTROLLER
Using a controller works for me a bit better than using M + K (short for Mouse and Keyboard). If you want me to send you a what I've set up so you can just copy that, just let me know. You will need to buy a programme called XPadder to use a controller with this game. It costs $10 online and it lets you use a controller on any game where you have M + K commands - a worthwhile investment in my book.

LEVELLING
Choose a character in RotMG (Realm of the Mad God) and try to get it up to level 20. Once you are at this level you can see how much fame you have earned. Earning 20 fame will unlock more classes for you to use, as well as giving you a star. You get stars for getting certain levels of "fame". Fame is not the same as character level.

<=RB= Argy posted on May 10, 2012 @ 12:44am
INLAND
The closer you are to the beach which you land on, the easier the enemies are to fight. For tougher enemies that give more experience, move further inland.

CAVES
If you kill enough pirates, snakes, etc. you will be given the option to enter caves. Do that to earn good items, get more XP etc.

EQUIPMENT
You equip items by draggging them into the slots you can see in the bottom right corner. It's not really worth hanging on to lower items for your character once you have better equipment. Better to discard them in favour of higher stat items for other characters. You can also store up to eight item in a chest you have. Might need to look at the Wiki for more instructions on this type of thing:

http://forums.wildshadow.com/wiki/realm-mad-god

STARTING CHARACTER
The Priest character is a good one to start with. It has the added benefit of being able to heal yourself and others.

LOOT
Search bags droppped by enemies for loot. I usually carry 3 health potions, 1 mana potion and four of the best items I can find with me. If you come across a particularly good item, go back to the Nexus and deposit it in your Vault so that you don't lose it if you die.

PERMA DEATH
If your die your character dies and is gone forever. If you get close to dying hit Insert right away to get back to the Nexus. Don't hesitate to do this. Going back to the Nexus preserves your character. You will need to die eventually as you don't get awarded your fame to spend until you have died.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post