Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    What servers do YOU want? Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What servers do YOU want? Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Hey guys! As you know, I run a KF server for this group, and have setup a Brink server to use for tonight. Now, I've noticed that my KF server is hardly ever used, and it seems like most of you don't play KF. So what I want to know is, what games would YOU like dedicated servers for, and what would you want on them to make them better than the servers that are already out there. I'm willing to host a server for pretty much any game I can. Unfortunately some games I won't be able to as I think for some games you have to buy it to host a server. So give me some feedback guys, what servers do YOU want, and should I keep my KF/Brink server? Let me know!

Skater901 posted on March 23, 2012 @ 2:39am
Saxton Hale: one overpowered guy vs the world.

<=RB= Argy posted on March 21, 2012 @ 12:23am
It sounds like just throwing up servers when there are events might be the best way to go.

Which makes me think we should totally have a Saxton Hale TF2 night some time.

Skater901 posted on March 18, 2012 @ 3:38am
I'm happy to host a TF2 server, but what would make you want to use that rather than any number of the dedicated servers that are already out there? There's pleny of Internode and Game Arena servers, not to mention many others. If there's something that those servers don't offer that you want on a server, then let me know, I'll host a server with what you want on it. If not however, then I won't bother hosting 24/7 servers because there's no point, we can just use the ones already there.

That said I will still be happy to provide private servers for us when we do events. Smile Or public servers, if that's what we want!

<=RB= Argy posted on March 18, 2012 @ 1:27am
Things seem to go in fite and starts, as far as servers go.

If we had more events that funneled people towards a particular game, then people would probably use thaa server more.

It seems that certain games are played when there are things like costumes or other achievements to earn in them eg. when you could earn the Chicken costume for Killing Floor the Bedlam maps of that game were full 24/7.

There probably aren't enough people in this group all playing at any one time to fill a server, unless there is an event scheduled.

I don't think that will help you to decide what to run. I know Vashti took down her TF2 server, so there is a space there for another one.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post