Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    Who owns Warcraft III? Let's play some SWAT! Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who owns Warcraft III? Let's play some SWAT! Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
So, I have a game for you to play. It's not a Steam game. In fact, it's a custom map for Warcraft III. It's called SWAT: Aftermath, and it involves running around a city controlling a hero killing zombies, and fixing up the city. WARNING: it is a VERY complex game. It's not the easiest to learn, and it takes a LOT of learning to become quite proficient at it. That said, if you do, it's very rewarding as it's a great game and involves a lot of team work. It can have up to 9 players in a game, and has varying difficulty levels. For more info about the game, check out the website: http://redscull.com/swat/readmeafter.html/ The information on there may not be entirely accurate as the guy who originally made the map, redscull, is no longer working on it, and the guy that's taken over updating the map doesn't have access to the website to edit it, I don't think.

For those who are interested, myself, Zergling_man and Hinisstin are all reasonably experienced at this game, and we taught Magnus a bit and he knows a bit about how to play. SWAT games are usually played either on Battle.net, or using a game-oriented VPN program called Garena.

If enough people are interested, we may setup an event and teach you guys all about the wonderful world of SWAT. So, here's to some zombie hunting!

Skater901 posted on May 29, 2012 @ 10:15am
You can check it out now if you want, I posted the URL to the website in the announcement. If you want to download the map and play, you can get the latest version here: http://www.redscull.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7189

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on May 29, 2012 @ 2:01am
Wait I am thinking of another SWAT game I played that was similar. I might be something else. We'll see when I get into the map. Then I will know what I want to be exactly! Rawr!

Vidimir Rayne <=RB= posted on May 28, 2012 @ 7:24pm
... I guess that means I'm interested XD

Vidimir Rayne <=RB= posted on May 28, 2012 @ 12:36pm
I've owned Warcraft 3 for some time, and I don't think I've ever played SWAT... Then again, I didn't play on Bnet much...

<=RB= Liggitt posted on May 28, 2012 @ 10:41am
Sounds alright, if i am not busy, i will certainly take part

<=SB= Hinisstin posted on May 26, 2012 @ 8:57pm
I call Demo, so I can M.I.R.V. dem zombies, and nuke Skater in the face Wink

<=RB= Ninja Zergling posted on May 26, 2012 @ 8:57pm
But I main medic! Fine, I'll play an Espi Techie and go do everything on the other side of the map. >_>

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on May 26, 2012 @ 8:51pm
I call medic!

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on May 26, 2012 @ 5:49pm
I've played it.
We'll do it sometime. Smile

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post