Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    The Spoiler Game - Competition Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spoiler Game - Competition Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
So who's heard of Eversion?

It's a funky little indie platformer with one of the biggest twist endings in modern gaming history. Not bad for a game with even less of a plot than Super Mario Bros.

Want it? It's your's, my friend, but on a condition. Only three of you can get it, and seeing as Eversion has a classic spoiler, SURPRISE TWIST ENDING QUIZ!

Here are the rules;
A) I'm going to give away the twist ending for a film/game/book, and the year of it's creation.
So, for 'The Cat in the Hat' it would look like this;
1957 - The cat cleans up the house in time.
B) The top three of you will get a copy of Eversion HD from me. The last place person will get a fictional wooden spoon.
C) The deadline for this contest is this Friday (so the 2nd of December).

Good luck everyone! Here we go!

FILMS

1) 1999 - His friend never really existed; they're both the same person.
2) 1990 - This time, it's the protagonist who never existed; he died in the Vietnam War and the last twenty years of his life were brought on by hallucinagenic drugs he had unwittingly been given by his superiors.
3) 1968 - The spaceship the astronauts were in went in a giant loop, and they were in fact on planet Earth after all.
4) 2003 - The captive's new girlfriend is actually his estranged daughter, and this relationship was the captor's motive all along.
5) 1995 - The virus wasn't released by the insane animal rights activist but in fact his dad's assistant, and the time traveller's recurring memory is one of him being killed in the airport.

GAMES

1) 2001 - The protagonist's wife didn't die of disease. He killed her by smothering her.
2) 1986 - The man behind the armour was actually a woman.
3) 1991 - The player dies to save his friend, and he carries your body away on a pterodactyl
4) 2004 - The villain's main servant is actually working with the Americans.
5) 1999 - Your ally is actually the villain from the previous game, and it's implied at the end that she survived the final battle

BOOKS

1) 1959 - The message from the aliens after all this time was a single dot. 'Hello'
2) 1945 - The pigs change the laws they wrote up originally, and no one can tell the difference between them and the humans anymore
3) 1860 - The escaped convict was the benefactor all along, not the protagonist's potential mother-in-law
4) 1973 - The skull had no curse on it anyway. The house burnt down because the man with cerebal palsy was playing with matches.
5) 1949 - The government tortures the protagonist into confessing for crimes he didn't commit, and then brainwashes him into becoming a loyal citizen.

<=RB= Arjee posted on December 03, 2011 @ 5:23am
Sponge = LEGEND

Thanks so much for this competition. It was so much fun!

And thanks for being so generous with gifting us all games.

Sponge posted on December 02, 2011 @ 9:04am
Well, I said there'd only be three copies of Eversion handed out, but stuff it, everyone who helped gets one!

Sponge posted on December 02, 2011 @ 9:03am
Dang, that's every single one of them right

Sponge posted on December 02, 2011 @ 9:03am

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 02, 2011 @ 12:57am
1) Fight Club
2) Jacobs Ladder
3) Planet of the Apes
4) Oldboy
5) Twelve Monkeys

1) Silent Hill 2
2) Metroid
3) Another World
4) Metal Gear Solid 3
5) System Shock 2

1) Sirens of Titan
2) Animal Farm
3) Great Expectations
4) Carries War
5) 1984

Compiled list from all peoples answers.

Barack the Barbarian posted on December 01, 2011 @ 3:27am
movies
1) fight club
2) ????
3) planet of the apes
4) Oldboy (one of my favorite movies of all time)
5) twelve monkeys

GAMES
1) silent hill 2
2) metroid
3) ???
4) ???
5)????

BOOKS

1) sirens of titan by kurt vonnegut (personal fave)
2) animal farm by george orwell
3) great expectations by charles dickens
4) Carrie's War by nina bawden
5) 1984 by george orwell again

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:32am
Bro is chucking another one in for films this time 2) Jacobs Ladder

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:29am
Books 3) Great expectations

<=RB= Arjee posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:27am
See, I didn't do them all.

Yay, another brain on board.

We will crack this puzzle.

WE WILL CRACK IT.

[Razor] posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:23am
Oh, but
Games
4) is actually Metal Gear Solid 3!

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:22am
Games 1) Must be Silent hill 2 D:

[Razor] posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:21am
>Arjee has also done Planet of the Apes
well darn everything

[Razor] posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:20am
oh and uh
Games
2) Lord of the rings: return of the king! haha

[Razor] posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:19am
Books
2) Animal Farm by George Orwell!
5) 1984 by George Orwell, too! (I've wrote comics about this one, haha!)

oh balls Arjee did them both already, as well as
Films
1) Fight Club
but nobody has done
3) The Planet of the Apes! You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!

<=RB= Arjee posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:17am
I reckon that if you KNOW one of Bzerk or my guesses is correct, you should just say so with evidence. That way you'll be in the running.

I really just want to solve all of these riddles, now!

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:14am
Answer from my bro for Games 5) System Shock 2

<=RB= Arjee posted on December 01, 2011 @ 2:09am
GAMES

5) Tomb Raider II

1999 - Your ally is actually the villain from the previous game, and it's implied at the end that she survived the final battle

Bzerk and I are putting our heads together and trying to come up with stuff, in case you couldn't guess! lol

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 1:55am
Metal Gear Solid for Games 4) is another guess!

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 1:46am
Also for GAMES 1) I am going with Silent Hill 1 or 2.

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on December 01, 2011 @ 12:38am
Arjee totoally ninja'd most of the obvious ones! :PI would think that the 2004 Game one would be some sort of war game, maybe a Call of Duty or Battlefield sort of game. Not sure since I haven't played many SP of those! Otherwise I have absolutely no idea for the other ones.

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 6:59pm
These ones are bugging me. I'm gonna post my thoughts in case it helps someone else work them out.

1) 1959 - The message from the aliens after all this time was a single dot. 'Hello'

Now this one sounds like some sort of Sci Fi novel where humans try to contact aliens. I'm thinking along the lines of 2001: A Space Odysee or Encounters of the Third Kind. Of course they are both films. but this has that kind of feel to me. Sort of Brave New World-ish.

3) 1860 - The escaped convict was the benefactor all along, not the protagonist's potential mother-in-law

The 1860 has me very confused. Must be a classic of some sorts. I was thinking something like Les Miserables, but it doesn't ring quite right. Then I was wondering if it could be Pride and Prejudice, with the whole mother-in-law thing, but I don't think that fits either.

My final thought was something like the Shawshank Redemption, but I think that was set in much later times.

I feel like I should know this one. Dickens?

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 4:41pm
Aha! This one was bugging me and I finally worked it out.

FILMS

1) Fight Club.

1999 - His friend never really existed; they're both the same person.

How did I not see that one right away?

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 4:37pm
2) This book is Animal Farm. Four legs good, two legs better.

5) This book is 1984. Big Brother is watching you.

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 4:37pm
Really? I started playing that game but go stuck early on and gave up.

I've got it in a free ROM that the devs released for GBA. Maybe I should give it another look.

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on November 30, 2011 @ 3:42am
GAMES

3) Another World

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 1:45am
GAMES

2) The character being talked about is Samus Aran, I think. Not sure which actual game it was. I'm gonna say Super Metroid.

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 1:42am
FILM

5) Twelve Monkeys

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 30, 2011 @ 1:40am
FILM

3) I think this one is Planet of the Apes.

Sponge posted on November 29, 2011 @ 11:19pm
Yeah, post the answers here. I think it's fairer to use your own knowledge. And yes, two of the books have the same author.

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 29, 2011 @ 2:54pm
By the way, the two books I'm thinking off both have the same author. Am I correct?

If so, it's an author I also love dearly.

<=RB= Arjee posted on November 29, 2011 @ 2:52pm
OK, I think I know two of the books, and that's about it.

Do you want answers posted here? Do you want us to try to work this out from our own knowledge or are we allowed to use Google?

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post