Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    Review #1: Alpha Protocol Archive

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Review #1: Alpha Protocol Archive
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Game Price: $29.99AU
Genre: Action, RPG
Metacritic Score: 72/100

When I first looked at the store page of this game I was rather excited. I had originally bought this game with the urge to play it, however I never got around to it. Alpha Protocol is about Michael Thorton, an agent that is part of a secret organisation known as Alpha Protocol. The game is about all the missions he takes during his time there, I only completed three missions, this took me to three hours of total gameplay, two more then was expected! There are some upgrades that can be done during your playing, and, like most RPG's it has levels. When you level up you may choose a speciality to upgrade. There is stealth, shotguns, SMGs, pistol, Melee, Assault rifles, tech, toughness and security. There are minigames when you are required to turn off alarms, hack information, as well as lockpicking doors. The main thing lacking in this game seems to be the controls. I noticed whenever I moved the mouse too quickly it would spin all the way around, and I would sometimes get confused about where I came from and where I was going. There is a option to play it with a controller, I would suggest doing so from the start. All in all, it looks like I game I would plan on finishing.

<=RB= Argy posted on February 25, 2012 @ 3:33am
These reviews will be helpful.

Not just to choose which games to play, but ones to avoid.

This game doesn't sound like it is for me.

<=RB= Bzerk- posted on February 25, 2012 @ 1:18am
I only played it for three hours! So thanks for stepping in. :P

<=RB= Liggitt posted on February 24, 2012 @ 8:50am
Mind if i step in here Zerkie boy?
Alpha Protocall is also lacking the story change based on gameplay, i played the entire game as a stealth agent, everything stealthy and sneaky... sadly, every boss is a run and gun making it pointless to be anything but a juggernaut.
Just adding a very importent issue with the game, Sorry Bzerk.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post