Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Race Around Ancient Greece    RACE AROUND ANCIENT GREECE: THE STORY
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
RACE AROUND ANCIENT GREECE: THE STORY
 Login/Join 
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
"Son of a bitch!" shrieked Caesar in annoyance as he saw Eli's dead body.

"Interesting way to announce yourself," commented Callisto, "But i shant dispute it. Come to join the party?"

"I came to exact vengeance on Eli," glowered Caesar, "But i see you've already done that." Callisto grinned, ripping the dagger from Eli's corpse.

"Vengeance?" she asked, absently examining the dagger, "What could you possibly be seeking vengeance for?"

"That man killed my father," said Caesar, furiously pointing at Eli. Callisto laughed.

"Eli? Eli never killed anyone. Zeus did kill Ares through him though, if that's what you mean." Caesar seemed confused. Callisto enjoyed other people's confusion. She moved away from Eli, smiling deviously at Caesar. Livia ran in behind her and gave the corpse a few extra kicks to teach it a lesson.

"Zeus killed Ares..." pondered Caesar. "That would explain why he and hera didn't want me at that cocktail party on Mount Olympus - they must have been to ashamed to speak to me."

"Having you as a grandson," said Callisto, "Anyone would be ashamed of that." She circled him curiously. "So Ares was your father, huh? I'm not surprised - you always did have a certain knack for war...and idiocy." She stopped in front of him, sizing him up. "What surprises me is that Zeus and Hera let you anywhere near Mount Olympus; you're not a god. You're little more than an illusion." She moved to run her hand through him, but Caesar cought it.

"Am I?" he asked, holding onto her with a very tangable hand. Callisto sneered at his audacity.

"Well isn't that interesting?" she said, swiping him away. "Seems they'll let anyone in these days." Caesar smirked smugly.

"Well you're proof of that," he retorted.

"Both of you SHUT UP!" screamed Livia. "I can't hear Mavis!" Caesar and Callisto looked back at her as she covered her ears. "Yes..." she said, apparently hearing something that they couldn't, "Yes, i know she said to give it back, but...NO! IT'S MY SHINY!...I know...I KNOW SHE'S EVIL! But it wasn't my fault! She tricked me!" Livia squatted on the ground, clawing desperately at her hair. She started sobbing, then roared. "STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" she demanded as the powder-blue unicorn snickered at her. "YAAAAH!"

Callisto watched with concern as Livia ran at the insolent beast, or (to Callisto's eyes) the tree. Livia smacked into it, grunting as she flopped backwards onto the ground. Callisto looked around. She could sense something - someone had been here. And...

"The chakram," Callisto realised it was gone. She stormed over to the dazed Livia and dragged her to her feet. "Where is the Xena's chakram?" Callisto demanded.

"It's mine!" Livia whined. "That mommy BITCH stole it from me!"

"Xena?" said Callisto. "Xena was here?" Livia nodded like a naughty child. Callisto screeched her fury into the sky. Livia, startled, scurried up into the tree branches, and watched as Callisto rounded on Caesar.

"YOU!" Callisto bellowed at the newest of the Olympian gods. "You let Xena get away with the chakram! I could have KILLED her if you weren't here distracting me - you IDIOT!" She growled savagely at him. Caesar backed up a little.

"It's alright," said Caesar, nevervously trying to appease the enraged goddess, "I know where she's headed. She and her friends are holed up in an inn, not far from here. I can take you there."

"I don't need you or anyone else to help me deal with Xena."

"I HATE her!" Livia added from the tree.

"Well said, Eve," said Callisto, not looking back to see Livia's deadly glare. "Uncle Caesar's going to stay here and play with you while your Auntie Callisto goes to get your shiny toy back from mommy, okay?" It was fairly clear to Caesar by the look in Callisto's eye that he had no say in this. Livia squinted dangerously at him. "Good," said Callisto. "Now both of you, play nice." She grinned evily at Ceasar and then dissapeared, leaving him and Livia to their own disfunctional devices.

Callisto arrived to see Alti, holding Gabrielle's pretty little head in her hands. Callisto, trying to remain inconspicuous, had a difficult time containing her laughter, especially when she saw the priceless look of horror on Xena's face.

"Oh Xena," said Alti, "This is even more perfect than I dreamed it." Callisto had to agree. "This...and this" she continued, retrieving Livia's shiny toy from the bedpost, "...will be all I need to truly possess you now. Don’t be too long now, Xena dear. I know you’ll know where to find me."

If Xena didn't, then Callisto did. Callisto grinned, a new plan for Xena's demise ticking over in her head. Alti left, with an evil cackle. Callisto breathed in Xena's intoxicating despair for a moment longer, then followed after the shameness.

"Are you going to stay up there all day?" asked Caesar as Livia rustled towards the higher branches of the tree. She hissed at him. Caesar shook his head. Why had Callisto left him in charge of Livia? And why hadn't he just said no? Afterall, he was a god now - what did he have to be afraid of?

Thump. Livia fell out of the tree. She sprang to her feet and dusted herself off. She looked at Caesar as if to suggest that nothing had happened.

"You're crazy, you know that?"

"Well, duh," said Livia, "Where have you been?"

"Tartarus.You?"

"Still there...here...everywhere. What's your name again?"

"Caesar," he answered in sufference. "Julius Ceasar. We had this conversation."

"Oh," said Livia. "Can i call you Julie?"

"No."

"Oh...Can Mavis call you Julie?"

"Mavis isn't real - Mavis is a figment of you very very twisted imagination."

"Oh," said Livia. She slipped into deep thought about the subject. "Well you won't mind if she calls you Julie then," she concluded. Caesar sighed. There was no point fighting it.

"Fine. Julie. Happy now?" Livia pouted.

"No," she winged, "Auntie Callisto said she'd bring back the shiny. Uncie Julie, where's the shiny?" Livia's bottom lip was jutting and quivering, and her eyes were threatening to cry.

"No," said Caesar, "Don't cry..." Her lip quivered more. "Don't cry..." More. "Don't..." She cried. Caesar cast his eyes to the heavens, imploring Callisto to come back and deal with this. He was almost on the verge of tears himself.

"Wait," he said, suddenly stuck with an idea, "What if I get you a new toy?" Livia shook her head. "Oh come on, everyone likes new toys. What if I take you to Mount Olympus and get Hephaestos to make you a new chakram? Huh? would you like that? Huh? Yeah, you'd like that." He held her hand and disapperated. Anything to keep her happy.

"Done," said Hephaestos, grudginly. He slammed the new chakram down on the table. It looked more like a metal frispy with a hole cut out of it than a legendary weapon of terror. Nevertheless, Livia seemed taken with it.

"Shiny..." she said. She screemed violently and propelled it into the wall across from her. Ceasar and Hephaistos both ducked as it ricocheted off the stone and returned to her hand. Hephaitos glared at Caesar. Caesar could tell that he was not welcome to ask for this kind of thing again. He took the hint, and coaxed Livia away from the workshop.

The two of them walked through the halls of Mount Olympus. The looks they received from the other gods were scandellous. It was a very harsh reaction, thought Caesar. Livia couldn't help it if the furies had made her insane.

"Dite," said Caesar, as he saw her bent over a bed. "Did i come at a bad time?" Dite made a very disgruntled noise upon hearing his voice and stepped aside to reveal a cloaked figure, working on what looked to be a patient. Caesar left Livia behind for a moment, and went to get a closer look. The patient appeared to be Gabrielle. Only, her head was not completely attatched. "That looks uncomfortable," said Caesar, his stomach lurching slightly.

"Why are you here?" asked Dite, her fro shaking with exasperation.

"I was just..." he looked back to Livia, but she was already screeming past him. She held her chakram above her head, prepared to strike Gabrielle's debilitated body. "STOP!" said Caesar, figuring that Dite would probably not be too impressed by this. He held out his hand, then drew it back, controlling Livia's body as he went. She grunted feircely as her limbs dissobeyed her desire to kill. Caesar's power drew Livia back to him, though the task was not easy - her will was strong, his powers were not. Livia desisted.

The cloaked figure waved his hand across the tear in Gabrielle's throat, healing it almost instantly. A rush of air filled Gabrielle's lungs. She opened her eyes, coughing. She panicked - what was happening to her? The last thing she remembered was running naked through the streets of Potedia, while being chased by a giant, man-eating...wait a minute, that was just a dream. But then she remembered seeing Joxer, and Xena. Xena had thrown her chakram - her neck had hurt, and then everything went black. Was that part of the dream too?

"Where am I?" she choked fearfully. She saw Dite's Afro. Strange though it was, it was sort of a comfort to her.

So there was a god who could return the decapitated back to life? Caesar wondered why this stranger had not performed such a ceremony on Ares. But there was no time for that now. Livia rushed Gabrielle again, and again, Caesar had to go to great lengths to controll her. This would not do at all. He would have to take her to Callisto.

He searched his mind and zeroed in on the goddess' whereabouts. He grabbed Livia by the wrist and transported her to Callisto's side. Callisto looked at Caesar and Livia. Alti looked at all three of them, clearly concerned by their presence. Caesar saw the decapitated head of Gabrielle amongst Alti's bizzare collection of trinkets.

"Nice model," he said, trying to break the silence.

"This?" asked Alti, petting the blonde hair like a faithful dog, "This is the real thing." She was frankly insulted that he would suggest otherwise.

"Oh," said Caesar, "Well I just saw Aphro-" he stopped himself, "Dite's Afro attatching something that looked very much like 'the real thing' to Gabrielle's body. She's been revived, by the way." Alti stared at him, then stalked towards him dangerously.

"What?" she demanded.

"I said," Caesar repeated as he watched Callisto trying to swat Livia away from Alti's treasures,"That Gabrielle is not dead. I assume you tried to off her to add to your...unique display, but i guess it didn't work, because i know what i saw. That's right ladies," he said looking at Callisto and Alti's dismay, "The babbling bard is back."

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Zeus waits until Livia is alone.

"Livia my dear..' brushing his finger down her cheek. "Since you're a fruitcake and all... I was wondering if you'd like to be my bitch?... We won't tell Hera'.

'I can take The Furies out you know? But there would be a payment for services rendered. Think about it, and I'll get back to you.'

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i approach her with no caution. stepping hard, making my presence well known. she knows i'm there but she doesn't turn around. doesn't acknowledge my pressence. i take a deep breath, close my eyes, and prepare myself. blowing out my breath, i'm ready.
"Alti-"

"I wouldn't come any closer, if I were you Ephiny," the sound was stone grating against stone. "It's about time you showed up, I was beginning to think you didn't like me, and after all we've shared. Tsk, tsk, it isn't nice to keep a girl waiting."

"i--i need your help. i'll do whatever you ask. anything. i need you to send me back. back to the living. there's something i must do." i said with confidence, but i'm sure the pleading showed through in my eyes.

A harsh grating sound filled the room. "What makes you think you have anything to offer in the first place? Your soul's already been used twice over. I don't do sloppy seconds Ephiny, you know that."

"you mean unless it's xena." i couldn't help it. it came out of my mouth before i even knew what i was saying.

Alti's eyes narrowed with cold fury. "Careful Ephiny, after all, you're the one who needs my help, not the other way around"

"yes, that seems to be the case. either you're going to help me or not. i could be of great value to you. just tell me your decision, i have little time for games." i was starting to lose my courage, what i was thinking, asking for her help?

A glint came into Alti's emotionless eyes. "As a matter of fact, you do have some value after all. Not much, mind you, damaged goods and all that. Do you agree to follow my orders without question?"

could i do that? what was she asking of me? nothing now, payment later? every hair on my neck stood up. my stomache rolled. my cheeks burned. i told myself that i had no other option.
"i agree. i will do as you ask, with one condition, i will not harm xena."

"Don't kid yourself, the things I have planned for Xena, would hurt your fragile little mind." For a moment, Ephiny thought her life was over. The look that came over Alti's face was indescribably terrifying. But in an instant, the look was gone, replaced by her usual cold sneer. "Very well. Now, strip and stand next to me."

and then it left me all. the courage i had mounted for this moment. i wanted to turn and run, but my end result was too important. i did as she asked. leaving my clothes and my dignity in a pile on the floor. she motioned for me. i stepped toward her.

Alti's eyes glinted cruelly. "Believe me when I say, this is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me." With a swiftness almost indiscernible to the human eye, Alti slashed at Ephiny's face with a dagger she had hidden in her hand.

i felt it at once. she cut me. right from the edge of my mouth halfway to my cheek. she pushed me foward, so that i was knelt over her hand, as it was collecting the blood that pooled from my mouth. the next thing i felt was the crushing impact as she brought her knee full force to my face.

"This is just the beginning of the pain you will endure for me."

that was the last thing my mind rationally processed before the walls around me came tumbling in and i saw the vast darkness i sought.

i could see, but not clearly. i felt as if my head was detached. the pain was unbearable. the only thing keeping me concious was the realization of where i was. i hauled my carcass off the ground, enjoying this experience with life even less than last time. i gripped the handle of the dagger tightly within my hand. if it came down to it, i would kill her. she had what i wanted. both of them. i strode off toward the garrison with determination in my eye, bare assed and all. luckily i saw them, just off to the side. fire, across the sky. i ran as close to them as i could without being seen. it was Callisto. and Livia. they shared some parting words, then Callisto left her. i could smell my chance in the air.

as i approached her, i could her her muttering "It whispers again. Time for shimmers and tears. Hate them. Stole the flowers and Mavis let them. Lied to Livia, all liars, dirty dirty squirrels. Kill them. Livia IS a good girl, show you all. Can't steal my sparkles and my songs."

i stopped my approach. something entered my clouded mind. yes, that was it. that had to work.
"Livia, hey there, whoa slow down." she stopped her violent pace towards me, starring at me with empty eyes. "i heard, i heard you know, what a good girl you are."

A big smile crossed Livia's face "Livia is a good girl. The pretty lady said so. Livia listens to the whispers and lets the bees and the squirrels come down. Where's Mavis?"

"That's a good girl. Mavis went to pet the horsie. Where's the horsie Livia?" i tried to act excited, about petting the horsie that was my son.

Livia brightened even further. "He's waiting for me. I promised to make him shimmer. He's been good, good boys and girls get to shimmer. It's going to be pretty. Shimmers everywhere. I like the pretty shimmers on your face."

"he's waiting? we should go make the horsie shimmer, let's not keep him waiting." i grimaced at my own visual image.

Livia held up her hand. "You can't go. Not like that. Good girls wear jars, even Mavis knows that. You want me to make you shimmer all over? I can!" She grew excited again. "You won't need a jar if I make you shimmer all over. Can I?"

"i already have shimmers. but i'm a good girl, so i'd like a jar. have you a jar? i'll wear the jar for awhile, then you can make me shimmer after we pet the horsie."

Livia scrunched up her face, considering this. After a long moment, she nodded solemnly. "Okay. We make the horsie shimmer then we dress you up in shimmers just in time for a tea party. Mavis! Bring me a jar! Mavis? Mavis and the squirrels, always running off. I'll go get one, wait here."

she skipped off, talking to the voices that surrounded her. she returned quickly with a cloak. that's a relief, i had no idea how i was going to fit in a jar. she held the cloak out for me to take, and when i relieved her of it, she spun around in a circle three times in pure joy.

"okay, i'm ready. can we pet the horsie now?"

Livia nodded, happily "Now you can go. Only..."she paused, "you won't try to take him, will you? Everyone...they take from Livia, even though she's a good girl." Her shoulders slumped and her face fell. "Why do they do that? Don't they know that the sparkles won't come if they lie?"

"i---well---is he pretty? i won't---" she cut me off.

"Nevermind. It doesn't matter what the sparkles say." Her expression grew hard and angry. "I won't let them steal my toys anymore. The factors and I have it worked out. I have a new shiny," she held up the weapon previously situated on her belt loop. "And I'm going to make it shimmer with everyone who's ever taken my songs from me." Livia paused, then her face resumed it's normal look. "C'mon, I've been gone, the horsie will have missed me!"

i followed her to the garrison. she opened the door and somersaulted through, gleefully singing out. then i saw him. what a horror. what a nightmare. he was cut everywhere. chained by all four feet. everywhere was red. i couldn't take it. i stepped to the side and started heaving. the acid burning my throat, the air sucked from my lungs. she had forgotten about me for a moment, lost in some unobtrousive thought. i ran over to him and threw my arms around him.

"Mother!" he exclaimed, clearly shocked to see me.

"shh--my son, i am sorry. keep your voice down. you don't know me." he nodded his compliance.

"Isn't he pretty?" Livia's voice was soft and filled with tenderness. "He was so good, I had to let him shimmer. My horsie, I took pieces of him with me." She produced a lock of dark hair, tied in a bow with what looked like skin. Ephiny looked at Xenan's chest to see there was neat strip of skin that was missing from his chest. "I missed you horsie," she crooned in a low tone. "Now we can play again, the sparkle said so."

"oh Livia, he's so pretty." i tried to contain my emotions, this was hopefully almost over. "i would love to have a horsie like this." she pinned me with her cold empty eyes, hinted with fear. "no, no Livia, i don't want to steal him. how bout a trade? would you like that?"

"You mean...you give me something for the horsie?" Livia took a step back and shook her head rapidly. "I don't know, the sparrows won't STOP talking. I have to ask Mavis and the squirrels. We might want to have a dance later. I can't if he's gone..."

i looked over at my son with pure sympathy in my eyes. "but look what i have. it's a pointy shiny. the pointy shiny will make the sparrows stop talking. it's magical, just like the shimmers. look how sparkly it is." please let this work. i have nothing else to offer.

Livia thought a moment. "A new shiny? Will...will it make mommy and sparrows shut up and listen to me? And the stupid pretender man who cries like a reindeer? Will it?"

pretneder man? must be someone she recently ran into. "oh it will. anything it makes shimmer, will talk no more. anything."

Livia considered a moment longer and then nodded slowly. "Okay. The bees say we can trade. You...you're a good girl right? You won't take from Livia? Cause she's good too." A frown crossed Livia's face and something like fear shone in her eyes.

"no, no i won't take. here, you take the shiny first. then we'll set the horsie free." i handed her the dagger, blade first, if she did decide to stab me, again, i wanted a fighting chance.

Livia visibly brightened. "Livia believes you." She dug in her boot and produced a key. "This is the horsie's. At the same time, the ants go marching." She leaned forward and extended the hand holding the key at the same time as gently grasping the tip of the blade.

i was so tempted to flip my wrist with that blade so close to her. but it was futile, i got what i was after. i slowly took the key from her hand as she looked at the dagger from all angles. i dropped to my feet and quickly undid all his latches. i stood, about the run. about to leave, then i remembered.

"Livia, you have a pretty necklace. would you like to trade for it? i can trade you....um...shimmers, for the necklace."

A frightened look crossed Livia's features. "But...the sparkle, it whispers to me. I'll be alone. Everyone leaves. And Livia is a good girl. It won't come off. No more shimmers. Mavis is gone." Her tone rose with panic.

"you are a good girl Livia. i don't want you to be alone. you keep it. you talk to the whispers." there were more important things at hand than my own petty desires.

"Now you and the horsie go, I want to play with my new shiny."

and we did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bailey,

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Julius Caesar was having a bad day. Godhood, even supposed godhood, was not shaping up to be anything like he had imagined.

Derided and ridiculed by the other Olympians, scoffed at and dismissed by Alti and Callisto, and patronized by Eli, he had simply had enough. All he wanted was to go home, have a nice meal and have a nice long soak with some soothing floral scents.

Dejectedly, he made his way back towards Mount Olympus. Callisto had unceremoniously dropped him flat on his backside gods only knew where, while she went off to take looney Livia back to her palace.

Grumbling, he trudged in the general direction of home. Of course he could teleport, but knowing his luck, it'd only go wrong and he'd end up in yet another disaster.

"Stupid Callisto, stupid Zeus, stupid Eli," he muttered under his breath.

"Naughty squirrel, if you chatter like the sparrows, the sparkle won't let you shimmer," a voice came from off his left side.

He whirled to see a familiar face. "What are you doing here? I thought Callisto took you back to your palace?"

A big grin crossed Livia's face. "The pretty lady did and I met a new good girl. We traded and now I have a brand new shiny." Her face drew up in a disdainful sneer. "Better than the pretend shiny you gave me, stupid pretend man."

Caesar took a closer look at the insane former Champion of Rome. She was covered head to toe with scratches that seeped blood on her clothes, in her hair, everywhere. "What have you done?"

Livia smiled and twirled around slowly, as if to show off her wounds. "Aren't they pretty? Good girls get to shimmer, the sparkle whispered and said I could shimmer," she stopped turning and looked at him with an odd intensity that made Caesar suddenly uncomfortable. "But only if I give the new shiny what it needs.”

Her face grew serious. “I need your help, pretender squirrel. The shiny, it whispers and needs shimmers. You have to help, it said you would. You will won’t you? Help Livia? She’s a good girl.” Livia’s eyes grew wide and her bottom lip began to quiver.

The stupid pretender man didn’t know that the sparkle told Livia to pretend to let it rain on her face. That this was how we got shimmers, rather than letting the squirrels do their ‘may we borrow your dog catcher’ dance. It tickled, the back of her head again. Make it stop but first the stars need the shimmers.

Caesar began to shuffle backwards. Battle fields soaked with blood and he was in his element, but a less than sane woman with big weepy eyes and a trembly bottom lip and his already muddled brain grew even more so. “Um, sure, just...don’t cry alright? No tears, be a good girl.”

Later on, he would rewind the incident in his head over and over and still not be able to explain the swiftness of the attack.

Livia’s sorrowful countenance changed so suddenly, it was all Caesar could do to stand there with his mouth hanging open. In a heartbeat, she was standing in front of him and to the end of his days, he knew he’d never see a smile so chilling as the one on her face as she brought up a shiny, evil looking dagger and plunged it into his chest.

“Good pretender man. The squirrels will be so pleased with your waterfall. Now you can let the bees come down, the new shiny says so.” Livia looked up and waited for the bees to flutter down along with the dancing stars that the new shiny said would. It was supposed to happen when she made the man shimmer.

Caesar looked down at the dagger protruding from his chest. ‘Well, this is new. I’m a god though, it can’t kill me. No one said it’d sting so badly though. Ow…’ His face soon contorted into agony as he felt his insides being twisted and turned. ‘Wait, this wasn’t supposed to happen…’ and then the body of Julius Caesar evaporated into nothingness.

Livia frowned. “Shiny? Where’s the stars? Livia was a good girl and did what you sang. Where are the bees? Shiny? Hello? Mavis, where’s the stars?” Her frown deepened and she fell to the ground and started to rock back and forth, furiously.

“I was good Mavis. Where’s the stars? What if the shiny won’t let me shimmer anymore? I…I need to shimmer sparkle, make the shiny understand. The cheese, it ran away with the mice. Not my fault, Livia is good. Not my fault, Livia is good, Livia is good!”

She continued to rock furiously, spouting gibberish about bees and squirrels until quite suddenly, she came to an abrupt halt.

Hush hush and listen...

The mentally unstable girl cocked her head to the side, listening intently. Slowly, she stood and turned to where the dagger had fallen on the ground, still shimmering with Caesar’s blood.

“What do you mean, the wrong one? You said, shiny, you said the man would make the bees come down. Why didn’t you tell Livia?” Anger and disappointment were apparent in her voice.

“But you said, shiny. Why do you lie to Livia?” Her face grew fearful. “You’re a dirty lying sparrow aren’t you? Just like the others. The weepy warrior lady juggler lied to Livia again, didn’t she? You’re not a good shiny, are you?”

She began to babble incoherently about liars and sparrows until again, the young woman froze and tilted her head again. “Do...do you promise? You’re Livia’s friend right? You won’t ever lie to her?” Livia waited a few moments then nodded once. “Alright then, Livia believes you. But shiny, whose shimmers do we need?”

Again she cocked her head and made as if listening. A look of disbelief flitted across her features. “An ordinary squirrel who says he’s more? A pretender sparrow? Worse than the stupid one?” Her tone became flat and angry. “A liar sparrow. I see. The factors told me about him. He’s just a nobody and is dressing up in daddy man’s clothes. He lies. He tricks. He’s a dirty sparrow who chatters too loud and drowns out the music.”

Her mouth set in a grim line. “I understand shiny, you need the loving liar sparrow who plays dress up to give you his shimmers. Well, Mavis and I will take care of him. Livia hates dirty sparrows, especially those that play dress up and never come to the tea parties.”

She picked up the dagger and settled it back in its sheath. “Let’s go Mavis, the sparkle whispers and...what? No, I said no Mavis, we cannot stop and have a picnic, you know the mice won’t let us stay here. Don’t argue, don’t be a bad girl Mavis! Do you hear me?”

The unbalanced girl fell to her knees, grasping her head with both hands. “Stop! STOP TALKING. The bees, the squirrels, the mice, the sparrows, Mavis, the shimmers, the sparkle, the shiny. Livia can’t hear. STOP. Please, you’re hurting Livia. She’s good, stop. I...can’t...hear.”

With agonizing effort, Livia grasped the chakram at her hip and raised it to the back of her head. If the voices wouldn’t stop on their own, she’d MAKE them stop once and for all.

A painful scream echoed across the land and then silence.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
The scream was cut off by a silent gasp, and then weeping as Livia's pain did not end. Strong hands held hers fast, and then quickly put pressure to her wound.

"sshhh...It's only in the flesh."

Livia's head shook, even against the pain. "Stop...I want it all to stop..."

The new voice was quiet and calm. "It's all right. We'll find a way."

The young woman, little more than a girl, was quieted, as Xena rocked her daughter and began to hum...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Hera watched from Olympus.

'That fool Xena. Always meddling.' She scowled. 'And my husband seeks to trick me again. Madness was a ploy to make the Bitch of Rome his bitch. Well, he's not going to have fun at my expense this time.'

She disappeared with a flourish of her hand.

Xena held Livia and rocked her gently as blood congealed on her head. 'Shhh, Mummy's here.' Better than anyone, Xena knew what it was like to be at the mercy of the Furies.

'The shiny keeps talking to me. It laughs and dances. And the squirrels all chatter. They make Livy angry.' Livia's eyes filled with tears. 'The scratches inside won't stop, won't stop. Can't make them stop.'

'I can make them stop.' Hera stepped out of a shadow and moved to where Xena could see her.

'Leave us alone. I'm warning you.' Xena growled.

'I've come to make you an offer.'

'Not interested.'

'Pity. I thought you wanted to help your daughter.'

'What kind of help could you possibly give us?' The Warrior Princess kept her eyes focused on the Goddess Queen.

'I came to take away her madness.'

'For what reason?'

'Let's just say I'm feeling generous.' A new thought seemed to be forming in Hera's mind. 'However, you can help me with a small matter.'

'I knew it.' Xena's disgust couldn't be concealed.

'Hear me out. I will take away Livia's madness but I want you to pay a visit to Eli and give him this.' Hera handed Xena a scroll. Xena unrolled it. Characters were written on it in a hand that she couldn't understand.

'What's this?'

'Angelic writings that no mortal can read. You are to deliver it if you want Livia cured. Not pester me with questions.'

'I've never needed the help of the gods before, why should I start making deals with them now?'

'You're running out of options, my dear. And Livia is running out of time. How long do you think it will be before she does some serious harm to herself?'

Xena looked down at her daughter, then gritted her teeth. 'All right. I'll do as you ask. Fix her.'

'You've made the right decision.' Hera waved her arms above her head. 'Furies, the debt is paid. Livia has reunited in familial bonds with her Mother. I call on you to release her from madness.'

The room shuddered as wind shook it. Livia's mouth fell open as something unseen was sucked out of her body. She fell back deeper into Xena's embrace, unconscious.

'Remember the scroll, Xena. If you break our deal, your daughter will surely die.' With a loud cackle Hera was gone.

After two days Livia had still not woken. Leaving her daughter in the care of an innkeeper Xena had set out to find Eli. The sooner her debt was paid the better.

She had last heard tell that Eli was injured and had holed up somewhere to the North. Near the Amazon Land of the Dead.

As Xena travelled she pondered what the writing on the Scroll might actually mean. It was probably a trick. Some words to put her in mortal danger, once again. Even though Eli was her ally, she had best tread carefully.

Eventually she reached the place where she expected to find the holy man. A secluded cave, known to only a few.

Xena dismounted Argo and moved stealthily forward. She could sense someone in the mouth of the cave.

'Xena.' Eli came out, with arms opened wide, to greet her.

'Eli. How are you?' She noticed bandages wrapped around his torso. 'Are you healing?'

'Yes, I'm happy to report. I've had much to meditate on and time heals all wounds. What brings you here?'

'I've been instructed to bring you this.' She handed him the scroll. Xena watched him unroll it carefully and skim its words. 'What's it say?'

'There have been some unbalances in the spirit world. The gods of Olympus have been giving powers to mortals. Something that the God of Michael has expressly forbidden. I have been given a mantra to chant to correct this.'

'Well, that's a relief. I felt sure you were going to turn into a big ball of blackness and try to swallow my soul.'

Eli chuckled. 'It will be a dark day when someone turns me against you, my friend.' His face turned serious. 'You should be wary, though. There are murmurs in the spirit world that your soul is being sought after by those who wish to bring great suffering upon the world.'

'I am always wary, but thanks for the warning.' Xena turned to go. 'I'll leave you to your chanting. Say one for me.'

'Goodbye, my friend. Take care.'

Minya rolled over. In a drunken stupor. Again. The air above her stirred and shimmered as Ares' powers left her form. For good. She smiled and snored loudly.

Caesar woke up in Hades. Again. Why does this keep happening to me, he thought? I just don't seem to be able to stay alive. I am life challenged.

He pointed a finger at his chest. A mere zap and he would be back on earth. The bitch didn't factor that into her warped little equation. Damn. Nothing happened. Somehow he was not only dead, he had lost his godly powers. And a smelly dead soul was eyeing him in a most unsavoury way.

Caesar sighed. It sucked being him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Alti sat contemplating her shrine. The full moon was fast approaching and soon her plan would culminate. She would have Xena's soul. If she could just get the chakram back.

Callisto...that crazy bitch just might be of some use.

"Funny, I was just thinking the same thing," Callisto's voice heralded her arrival-undramatic as it was.

"What do you want?" growled Alti.

Callisto grinned and held up a green stone.

"I think it's time we paid a visit to someone who could really make a difference at somewhen. I can get you to there when and then you'll use your special talents--selectively, of course."

"Of course," sneered Alti. "Why should I do this for you?"

"Because you want Xena's soul. And if you're going to do what with it what I think you're going to do, that makes me....almost content."

"Fabulous. Let's go."

"Just one more thing."

"Yes?"

"I'll explain later, but just know you owe me a great debt and only I can release you from it. Don't worry. I think you'll like what I have in mind."

"Whatever, show me this who and when!"

Xena surveyed the smouldering ruins of Cirra. Bit of a waste to kill all those women and children, but it would just make the next region that much easier to take. Well, hopefully not too much easier. Even a legend needs a challenge. One last barn was still flickering merrily away. The wind carried a few sparks toward her...along with the smell of death and horror. Xena breathed in deeply.

She winced as a flash of bright green light surrounded her. There were two women before her. One was blonde and sported chain mail. She had a slightly wild look in her eye and a strange look passed over her face as she glanced over her shoulder to look at the ruins of the village. The other woman....was familar.

"Alti!" snarled Xena as she pulled her sword out of it's sheath.

"Xena!" said Alti and raised her eyebrows.

"Stop, Alti!" ordered the blonde woman. "Stop or I'll take you back to Chaos and leave you there.

"That might not be such a bad thing, you psycho, " muttered Alti under her breath.

"Show her what's to come!"

Xena snarled and thrust her sword into the blonde. The blonde merely smiled, pushed the sword back to hit the warlord on the chin and said, "Uh-uh, Xena, you've already killed me...and will again...and again. But not again today."

Alti sneered and sent the visions to Xena. Xena falling in love with Hercules...Xena despairing and burying her weapons and armour....Xena troubled by an irritaing blonde tag-along....Xena being humiliated by Caesar--again....Xena on a cross...Xena holding her dead son...Her son dead because of that blonde tag-along.

"Solan!" cried Xena.

Alti stopped. "Should I go on?"

Xena glared at her and looked to the other woman. "Why have you shown me this? Who are you?"

"My name is Callisto. And I"m showing you this, because you're only a few years away from going terribly wrong. You thought Alti was bad news, but that little blonde is going to cause you unbelievable grief. She'll bring about the death of your son. She'll get you killed by distracting you from what's important. She is pain and grief disguised as innocence and good."

Xena wordlessly shook her head. "So you're telling me this to put me on my guard when I see her?"

"No. I'm telling you this so you know what you need to do. I'm taking you into the future. I need the true you. Uncorrupted by those who would make you less than what you are."

Xena gazed darkly upon her vistors. Alti was a treacherous snake. Come to think of it, if she'd killed this blonde woman--or was going to kill her, why was she here? It couldn't be to help. Noone knowingly helped Xena unless they had a plan.

"I don't think I trust people who tell me what I am."

Callisto smiled brightly, "Oh that's excellent! I knew I was picking you up in the right time. That little blonde--her name is Gabrielle. And one of her friends--the one that helps her get you killed does nothing but tell people what they are.

"I'm just taking you ahead. You will observe and judge for yourself. "

"And?"

"And take what action is necessary."

The green stone that Callisto held in her hand began to glow. Suddenly a flash engulfed Xena.

Alti blinked and looked around. This was the wrong place...and time. She instinctively knew that. And Xena wasn't with them. She tapped Callisto on her sternum.

"What's the idea, you crazy bitch? Where's Xena?"

Callisto smiled. "Don't worry. Xena's where we want her to be. I was thinking we might want to grab a certain street magician in India."

Alti grinned.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
As Xena left the cave where Eli was meditating the ground began to shake all around her. Something was terribly wrong in the universe. She looked down at her body and saw that it was fading out of existence. She looked back to see Eli rise up to the heaves in a flash of light.

Meanwhile the spinners of time, known as the three fates, saw that someone had begun to unravel their spinning, the one called never-turn-back, also known as Atropos, took immediate action and cut the thread of Callisto's life at a point just prior to finding the Ixion stone. Then the spinners went on with their work.

There is a story about King Ixion which explains why this stone is so dangerous:

Ixion had thrown his father-in-law into a fiery pit. He went to Tartarus for the crime but Zues gave him a second chance and purified him of the crime. But rather than be thankful for this divine favor, he tried to seduce Zeus's wife. Hera warned her husband what was afoot, and Zeus fashioned a cloud into Hera's likeness. Ixion made a pass at the cloud and was caught in the act. He was immediately consigned to the underworld for punishment in Tartarus, chained to a fiery wheel. Moral of the story: Even if you could go into the past you would still make the same mistakes.

From that time it became impossible to undo the past, but the stone upon which Ixion stood must have been endowed with special powers because of this purification by Zeus, which meant that the fates had to be ever vigilant.

In Heaven, Eli learned of the untimely death of Callisto and determined heal her. Although he could not do anything to change the events that had brought her to the spot, he did remove the stone from the cave where it was hidden, and used its powers to ferry her back to her rightful time.

He then set out for Potedaia to meet and meditate with his favorite disciple Gabrialle.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Enter The Higher Realm Here

Posts: 78 | Location: Everywhere | Registered: 06 December 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Zeus appears before Caesar in the underworld. 'You could be good you know, even great. You have the drive, and the determination, yet for someone who feels Xena let's her emotions get in the way, you seem to do a pretty good job of it yourself.'

Zeus walks across around Caesar shaking his head. ' And now you have ended up here, AGAIN. Will you never learn? It's not about killing Xena, her daughter, or the local blacksmith down the street, it's the bard, it's always been the bard.' With a slight smirk he looks Caesar straight in the eye. 'You can go back. With my help anyhow, but in return you have to do me a favour. The amazon nation has depleted greatly due to Livia before she knew who her mother was, but there are still a few going strong. A few that need to be eliminated to help Xena, as Eli would put it, be put back on her correct path, HER way, the way she never have left. I can see in Xena what my son Ares saw in her, what you saw in her, and it's not just them nice legs in a short leather skirt either, it's more.'

'Therefore, i will put you back on the earth above, if you kill Gabrielle. If you don't fulfill this in 2 days hence, I shall return you back here for an eternity.'

Caesar looks disbelievingly at Zeus. 'So all I have to do is kill the irritating blonde, and I get to live again? Will i have my godly powers? Will I get Rome back? Can you make Xena love me while you're at i....'

'STOP!' Zeus roars at him. 'You will be what you were before. Human, deceitful and cruel, with a certain way with women, but that is
it, none of the extras that seem to pop up out of no where, you will be you. And if you can't live with that, you won't live at all.'

'Hey, hey, Zeus, my man, don't worry about that, I'm happy, I'm willing, enquiring minds just wanted to see what else they could get out of the deal.' Caesar snidely remarks. 'It's my deal, or no deal' Zeus sighs in exasperation. 'All you mortals are the same, me, me, me. Wondering what else you can get, that doesn't and never will belong to you. Well it stops here.'

'OK. It's a deal then. I'm alive, I kill the blonde, hey i can deal with that.' Caesar exclaims.'Well it's done. Have fun, as I am sure you will, but make sure she's dies or you will.' Zeus claps his hands as Caesar returns to the land of the living. Shaking his head as he shimmers away. 'Mortals, they will never learn'.

Caesar finds himself on the outskirts of a town. No idea where he is, he starts walking at a pace to find someone who can tell him, so he can set Zeus's plan in motion. 'Hey you, boy, what town is this?' he asks the first person he sights. 'We're in Potedaia, town of the incestuous crossbreeding. Why do ya think i'm walking away from town? Those people there are boring. B-O-R-I-N-G.'

Caesar keeps walking into town, ignoring the rest of what the young man has to say, and starts walking at a brisk pace, contemplating which way would be the best way to kill the bard. Skirting all around town, trying to find which hovel Gabrielle's parents live in, he spies Amarice coming out of the town bath house. 'So' he mumbles to himself, 'Gabrielle has a bodyguard, what's one amazon dead, if Zeus can have two.' As he stealthily follows Amarice, he realises how simple this has been. Turns up directly out the front of the town he needs to be in.. thank you very much Zeus. Spots someone that will help him find the one her needs, only minutes of getting there. One would think the gods were smiling upon him on this mission.

He spots a young brunette woman, putting a pie on the windowsill to cool. He quickly ducks behind a tree as he hears Gabrielle's voice ring out.. 'Lila, Lila, how long will the pie be? Amarice says that she has to leave to take the message to Minya shortly, and I thought it would be nice if she had something to eat before she left.' 'Ten minutes Gabby, always the impatient one my sister' laughs Lila as she walks back into the room with Gabrielle and Amarice.

Caesar's tomach grumbles with hunger.. 'Hunger, haven't had that for a while' he says to himself, as he goes to pinch the pie. Then a thought comes upon him... Why eat the pie himself, when he could use something from the bag Zeus gave him, and poison Gabrielle, and no one would be any the wiser. No witnesses, nothing to tie him back to this town. DONE.

He slides the pie off the shelf, lifts off the crust from the top, and sprinkles it with nightsbane. By night fall Gabrielle will be dead, and if he was lucky, there was a whole room full of amazons in there not just Amarice. Zeus will be pleased.

Caesar settles down at the local tavern for a few ales, after buying some new clothes, as to not be recognised, and waits for the outcome of the nightsbane...

Several hours later a he hears a man running around town. 'Help me, help me, I have just discovered 3 dead bodies in my house, what ever will i do, please help me. My daughter is dead.'

As the whole town seems to rush to the house, Caesar dones the hat he bought, whistles to himself, steals a horse, and rides out of town.

Gabrielle and Amarice are both dead, what a joyous occasion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Amethyst,

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Hera watched Eli in a bemused fashion. What was the holy man up to now? He had caused the death of Callisto, then put her back into his time. Like the idiot savant that he was.

Now he was on his way to Poteidaia. Hera licked her lips. She would savour his grief, once he learned the fate of Gabrielle.

Callisto. Hera had held some high hopes for her. Now she was dead. Someone else would be needed to secure Xena's soul. Alti was looking promising. Now that Gabrielle was dead no one would miss the bard's REAL head. Hera started plotting how to best deliver it to the Shamaness.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Three days after Amarice had separated from Minya and Joxer to go after Xena--"or Gabrielle, whoever I find first, anyone's better than you two bumbling idiots!"--Minya and Joxer, having set out on their own to find Eli and talk with him, now stopped at a nearby town near Poteidaia.
Minya wondered if she'd get to speak to Gabrielle again. Gabrielle had done so much for her. Indeed, Joxer looked quite depressed since they'd set out on their own. Even though he knew it was the right thing to do, rather than wait for Xena all the time--Joxer still had a soft spot for Gabrielle. That would not go away, no matter how much he cared for Minya. Well, she thought, maybe they could ask around and see if anyone has seen her. It would be good to at least say goodbye to her.
Minya sighed, and looked down at the strange dish she'd ordered at the Inn. Joxer wolfed down his steak and kidney pie, every now and then staring at Minya's food with disgust and curiosity.
"Raw lamb," he said, wrinkling his nose. "Raw. With--what is that again? Whipped--cream?"
"It's delicious," Minya said around a huge mouthful. "Exactly what I needed."
Joxer looked quite worried. He continued to stare at Minya for a good long time.
"What?" Minya finally said, annoyed. "No offense, sweetheart, but it's rather difficult to eat when someone is staring down your throat."
"Sorry," Joxer said, smiling sweetly. "It's just--it's just--" Joxer sighed. He was having difficulty saying something.
Minya's heart sank. Joxer was no fool. No matter what people always assumed about him--he was smarter than most people she knew. I must have been out of my mind thinking I could keep this from him, she thought.
Joxer took a huge swig of his beer, then set it down with a thump.
"You," he said sternly but sweetly, "are hiding something from me, love."
"I know," Minya sighed, and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry, Joxer."
"Minya, you really are a bumbling idiot," Joxer laughed. "What makes you think--I mean--did you think I'd be upset or anything?" His face lit up in fact, a thing that brought a lump to Minya's throat.
"I'm delighted, Minya," he said. "Well alright, I always kind of hoped it'd be Gabrielle--but I can't think of a better woman--who I want to be the mother of my child." He drew himself up. "I am going to be the best father this side of Greece."
Minya swallowed hard and pushed her plate away. SHe no longer wanted the food.
"What?" Joxer frowned. Then he looked frightened. "Minya--Minya--you DO want children, don't you?"
"It's not that," MInya said in a tight voice. "Joxer--what if it's--what if it's Ares's?"
Joxer's face fell. "Oh," he said. "Didn't think of that."
"No," Minya said ruefully. "Hades. WHat a bloody mess."
They sat in glum silence for a moment. Finally Joxer spoke.
"Do you think you really are pregnant? I mean--you haven't seen any healers or anything so you can't really be sure."
"Look at this glop," Minya snapped, pointing to the food she'd pushed away. "Not to mention the fact that I threw up this morning even though I didn't drink last night."
"I was wondering about that," Joxer said, a perplexed look on his face. "I mean--you didn't touch a drop, Minya. That is so not like you." He chuckled, but Minya didn't chuckle back.
"AND my boobs are killing me!" Minya said so loudly, several people turned around and stared at her. Joxer jsut chortled, snorting beer through his nose.
"Well," he said, turning on the charm, "I can massage them for you later if you, uh, are in the mood."
Minya glared at him.
"All right, all right," Joxer put up his hands and smiled. "Whatever you want, honey. I"ll stand by you. I mean--I know about women and their hormones and stuff--especially while pregnant--you should have seen Gabrielle--and Xena? Oh she was worse! She--she--"
Suddenly Minya jumped up, knocking over her coffee. fortunately it wasn't hot anymore, as it got all over the place, soaking up her forgotten meal.
A familiar face had wandered into the Inn. Looking very harried and haggard.
"PAULY!" cried Minya, running to her, and embracing her. "Pauly! Paulina--Oh, my love, how ARE you! WHERE have you been?"
Paulina pulled back and stared at Minya, hurt in her eyes. Then she sighed, and shook her head.
"No--I was gonna read you the riot act and never ever see you again," Paulina said, her eyes filling with tears. "But I can't. Not now, not after what I just heard."
"Pauly honey, what's wrong? What's going on? You look terrible," Minya fretted, ushering her over to the table where she and Joxer sat. Paulina gave Joxer a dirty look, but sat down anyway, in the seat next to Minya's.
"Paulina," Minya said breathlessly, sitting next to her, "I was going to write you, I swear I was! So much has happened--can you ever forgive me? We were not monogamous, you know we never were--"
"Shut up, will you!" Tears spilled out of Paulina's eyes and ran down her face. "Don't you know by now what has happened? Obviously not--your VISIONS are really gone!" She said the word "visions" with a supreme amount of bitterness.
Minya, her appetite restored, was wolfing down coffee-soaked bites of raw lamb and whipped cream.
"Yup," she said with her mouth full. "Gone. Finished. FInito. Can't say as I miss them either." SHe let out a long shuddering sigh. "Bleeh. What a rough couple weeks THAT was."
Paulina looked at Minya with sad watery eyes. Joxer offered her his pint, which she took and downed.
"Oh, Joxer," she sighed, beginning to weep in earnest, "I'm so so sorry. Minya--you were really close to Gabrielle, weren't you?"
Minya threw her head back and guffawed. "Oh, PLEASE!" she roared. "As if--as Dite's Afro would say! Paulina--honey--not only would Xena slice me up with her chakram--if she had her chakram--well she did have it once but then she didn't, I'm so confused with that--but really honey--Gabrielle meant nothing to me, well--not like that."
Paulina slapped Minya hard across her face. "It's all about sex for you, isn't it?" she snarled. "You and your overblown libido! Well I got news for you, Minya, Gabrielle is--is--"she burst into heavy sobs and buried her face in her arms. "Oh, I can't say it!" She disolved into hopeless weeping.
Minya froze. Some whipped cream was on her chin but she didn't notice it. She stared at Paulina, hardly daring to look at Joxer at first. Then--slowly--she turned to look at him.
Joxer had a look on his face of pure horror.
"Pauly," Minya said, putting her arm aruond her. "Pauly honey--come on, tell us."
Paulina continued to sob into her arms, shaking her head. But her reluctance was enough for Joxer. He got up, and stormed out of the inn, not looking at anybody.
Minya's heart was pounding in her throat. But Paulina was inconsolable. Slowly, numbly as if there were no more feeling in her body--she rose, and walked as if she were in a dream--out the door.
Joxer sat at one of the outside tables, staring into space. Minya started to go to him, when she caught sight of two drunken men, heading toward the tavern.
"Yesh, that's what happened," one of them said loudly to his friend. "Two days ago, it 'appened! All three of em! Dead! Dead in their houses--with pie on their faces!"
"Who?" his clueless friend asked him.
"I TOLD ye!" snarled his friend. "That--that--Gabrielle! The one who travelled with the Warrior Princess! And--who the hell was that redheaded chick that ran around with them--"
Amarice. Minya's blood ran cold. No--no. It couldn't be.
"Yeah, Ann Marie, something like that--she was a whaddyacallit--amazin--amazon that'sh it--she'sh dead right along with the Bard!"
"An' the third?"
His friend frowned, confused. "Dunno, don' remember--ohhh yeah--I THINK it was Gabby's lil sister! That's i--"
Minya ran to the man and seized him by the shirt collar.
"What do you mean they're dead?" she snarled.
"Good Gods, lady--You be Minya right?" the man squinted, his whole body and breath smelling of rum. Minya suddenly found she wanted some. Later--perhaps. Or not.
"That's me," she said gruffly. "What about Gabrielle?"
"Oh, she's DEAD," the man said, and hiccupped. "Say--you be the one with the vision things right? An' Ares--the god of war--"
"LEAVE him out of this!" Minya growled, seizing the man by his shoulders. "TELL me about Gabrielle."
"Well--I told ol Barto here," the man said, recoiling from Minya's intimidating persona. "YOU heard all I know."
"How did they die?" Minya asked in a trembling voice.
The man frowned. "I dunno."
"I might," Barto piped up.
Minya let go of the first man and grabbed Barto by his shoulders. "Tell me," she said darkly.
"I THINK I do anyway," Barto said. "Ye might wanna double check that, Minya--say, didn't one of ye vision thins tell ya--"
"I don't have the visions anymore, all right?" Minya snapped. "What do you think happened to them?"
Barto's face fell. "Ohhh, you don't have the visions--that means you're back to normal," he laughed. "normal, you were pretty--"
"Look, I don't have time for this, ya drunken sot, TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!"
"Eeeasy now, lady, it takes one to know one," the first man said. Both of them started circling Minya. She was getting bored with this, very quickly.
Joxer suddenly appeared by her side, and pushed Barto to the ground hard.
"Leave her alone," he said, his armor rattling as he drew himself up. "Tell her what she needs to know. Tell--both of us." Joxer's voice was tight.
"Well," Barto said solemnly, stumbling to his feet, "Ummm--I know I'm drunk and all, and maybe I'm seein things--but--I could have sworn I saw--ummm, a ghost."
His friend started chortling. "A GHOST?"
"A ghost."
"LOOK you insufferable fool!" Joxer grabbed him and shook him, his hat falling into his eyes as he did so, and his armor rattling. The man swayed, and as he did, he fell to the ground, Joxer falling down with him. THey rolled around on the ground, and Joxer sat up, shaking his head to clear it, adjusting his hat as he did so.
"Caesar was in Poteidaia," Barto said, somewhat soberly.
"Caesar!" Minya gasped. Joxer's eyes widened--then narrowed in rage.
"THat's righto," Barto said, and hiccuped. "Shaw 'im myself in fact--in the bar i got drunk in before we were comin to this tavern to get drunk again." He giggled, seeming to think this was very funny.
"What the flying hell is Caesar doing in Poteidaia?" snarled Minya. "Last I saw him--I--no."
"Yesh that's right," Barto's friend chortled. "He was even worsh than YOU weres, Minya! Goin around sayin he's a god, he's Ares's son, the WHOLLLLE works! Well he ain't sayin that now, I heard him muttering under his breath in the outhouse about the three of em--i'd gone out there to throw up but he didn't think I heard him--still--that was funny!" They broke into chortles and fell on top of each other, just laughing as if the whole thing meant absolutely nothing. Minya looked hard at them--and decided then and there not to ever touch another drop of alchohol.
"SHUT UP!" Joxer sprang to his feet, and lunged at them. "DON'T you understand? Three people are DEAD! Gabrielle--Amarice--oh, Gabrielle--" he suddenly stared at Minya for a moment. Then--with a cry of utmost grief, he turned and ran--ran into the street.
"Joxer!" Minya cried.
She tore off after him. Joxer wasn't that fast, with his armor after all. It didn't take her long to catch up to him. He got as far as the nearest tree--leaned his head on it, and sobbed uncontrollably.
"Joxer, Joxer--" Minya ran up to him, and threw her arms around him. "Joxer, honey--" she broke off. What could she say to him? Words of comfort? They had sent Amarice to her death. And Gabrielle--after Dite's Afro had rescued her--what a waste, to die like that--oh gods!
Minya held onto Joxer, who clung to her, howling in despair. Her tears began to flow freely--and her sobs to shake her body. For nothing. It had all been for nothing. Xena had lost Gabrielle, a part of her soul. What was a chakram? Gabrielle was Xena's soul, always had been.
Minya leaned her head on Joxer's armor plated shoulder, her tears splashing on her cheeks, and wailed. None of this should have happened, none of it. It all seemed so wrong--so totally wrong.
What now? What would happen to Xena now? Amarice--oh Amarice, thought Minya, why didn't you come with us? WHY did you have to strike out on your own? And why--why was I so busy thinking of the inconvenience you would cause us that I--LET you?
Minya had had a bad feeling about letting Amarice go alone. It may not have come to her in a vision, but it had been there. SHe should have insisted. SHe should have--"
"I killed her," Joxer said into her ear. "She died--because of me."
"Now listen to me," Minya said fiercely, through her sobs, pulling back and taking him gently by the shoulders. "YOu are NOT responsible for any of this, Joxer! I am the one to blame!"
"If I hadn't argued with Amarice," Joxer said brokenly, "if we had just put HER in charge instead of--of--being so egotistical--oh, Minya, I am a bumbling idiot! I HATE myself!"
"No."
The broken voice was one Minya knew well. Turning around she saw two figures coming toward them--Paulina, and Eli.
"Oh, Eli--" Minya ran into his arms. Eli was broken up. SHe held him as he wept, sobbing freely as she had sobbed over Ares's death what seemed like years ago. This brought her own tears to the surface again. THey stood in the sunlight and wept together, and Paulina went over to comfort poor Joxer.
"Competing for the blame will not help," Eli said brokenly. "She's dead--but it's nobody's fault. She's with my Father now. Yes--i know she will be safe, she will be happier. But the turmoil she is leaving behind--especially for Xena--"
He disolved into fresh tears. There were no words for a long time. Not even Eli had words for this one.
Finally, everyone's throats were so raw, they couldn't cry anymore. The four of them walked back to the Inn where Minya and Joxer had a room.
"We must talk about this," Eli said in a husky voice. "We all have a part to play in this now. For Xena's sake, we must find her--reunite with her."
He bought two large bottles of rum from the bartender. In silence, they went upstairs, ignoring the looks on people's faces.
Once inside the room, they all sat down, Minya and Joxer on the bed, Paulina on the floor at Minya's feet, and Eli in the chair beside the bed.
"Xena has lost the one thing that's kept her going for too long," Eli said. "It was bad enough when she lost the chakram. But--losing Gabrielle--"
"Eli," Minya said softly, "Where is Xena? Still with Livia?"
Eli smiled slightly through his tears. "Minya, my child," he said softly, "i am very happy you are not riddled with those visions anymore. Those powers were not from my Father, but from a God of Darkness."
"I know," Minya said ruefully, looking down at her hands.
"Yes, Xena is still with Livia," Eli said. "A lot of healing has to take place. But--Minya--theres' something else you should know." He took a long swig of rum. Normally Eli didn't drink but tonight he made an exception. "Callisto is now where she should be again."
"What?" Joxer said softly.
"What do you mean?" Minya frowned.
"Bless you, Minya! Without the visions, you are closer to my Father than you ever were. Well--Callisto is in Heaven. WHEre she should have been all along."
Minya did a double take. Joxer gasped, then downed a full glass of rum.
"You're kidding me," she said dully. "Callisto is--gone?"
"She never should have been here," Eli said. "So--I just put her back to her rightful place. SHe will plague us no more, Minya, and as far as I know, neither will Livia. Which means now that there are only two dark forces we must reckon with."
"I know," growled Minya. "Alti. And--Caesar."
Eli grimaced and put the empty glass on the table. "This does nothing for me. These spirits--they are not of my Father. I normally never partake. But--when I saw her--all of them--" his eyes filled with tears. "It was almost as bad as--" Eli sighed, and closed his eyes. There was silence for a long time.
"I know," Joxer said softly. "I was there."
"To see them like that," Eli said, clenching a fist in front of him, "on the crosses like that. Because of my teachings--Gabrielle renounced fighting--and that is a good part of why they died."
"Then you brought them back," Joxer said. Brightening, he said, "Hey! Can you--"
"No, Joxer," Eli said, tears rolling down his face again. "I can't."
Joxer sagged. "It was just a thought."
"I know."
"Dammit all," Minya snarled, "Forget Alti for now. When I see Caesar, I-I--"
"Minya," Eli said firmly, "Perspective."
"Oh hang the way of love!" shouted Joxer. "I say we go after Caesar and--and--slice off his--"he hesitated for a minute.
Paulina suddenly started to chortle, despite the situation.
"I was going to say head," Joxer said to her, annoyed, but his eyes twinkled regardless.
"One day," said Eli, pulling from his pocket a sheef of papers, "you will understand what I am about to show you, Minya, Joxer. Joxer, you already know part of it. Joxer?" He prompted him.
"Oh, about the third chakram," Joxer said, importantly. "Yes! That was from the papers that Jett gave me to show Xena! Xena told me about this. She trusted me with it." He drew himself up. "The three of them come togther to--to--form a very important door! Uhhh, something like that." He looked at Eli uncertainly.
Eli smiled. "Good enough, my friend."
Minya smiled. "Well," she said. "it's about time you told me, Joxer."
"I'm sorry," Joxer said, looking like a hurt puppy. "But when Xena tells me something--important--and I swear not to tell--"
"It's all right," Minya grinned, playfully punching his armored shoulder.
"But there's more," Eli said seriously, placing the papers on the table. "I want you to read it, both of you, in the next couple days. It's about the Ixiom stone."
"The ixiom stone?" Minya stared at him. "The one Callisto had? I saw her with it--it was weird, the world went all nuts back there--Joxer disappeared, Amarice disappeared--"she broke off, tears spilling out of her eyes. "Then I was in chains, and Callisto--but it wasn't a vision it was--was it how the world would have been if she--what the hell did she do with that stone?"
"It's all right, my child," Eli said, pouring her a glass of rum. "You have abstained all evening Minya. But--you can partake, jsut this once."
Minya took in his kindness and took the glass of rum. She was about to take a sip--when suddenly she handed the glass to Joxer, and buried her face in her hands, sobbing uncontrollably.
"Minya," Eli said, going over to her, "Minya--do not deny yourself everything. Gabrielle and Amarice lived life to the fullest, both of them. You must too. Grieve for their absense. We will all miss them. But do live your life, Minya. You must."
"I can't drink," sobbed Minya. "I--can't. Not anymore."
"I don't understand."
"Eli," Joxer said sadly, as Minya wrapped her arms around her head and howled, "Minya thinks she's--you know," he shrugged, "in the family way."
Eli's face went white.
"It can't be," he whispered. Paulina jumped to her feet and stared at Joxer, then at Minya, her face bearing shock and hurt.
"Yes," Joxer said. "Worst part is--she doesn't know who the father is." Paulina sighed, and turned away, kicking at the chair Eli had been sitting in.
"This puts a new spin on things," Eli said softly. "I must--Joxer, my friend, I must go and meditate on this. Minya," he said softly, putting his hand on her shoulder, "whatever the case may be--if you are indeed pregnant--I trust that you will use the natural gifts of my Father to tap into your motherhood. You will raise the child--with Joxer's help--" he looked at Joxer, who nodded, emphatically. "A little child--that is something that may help you, Minya. Even if it does--have godlike powers."
Minya moaned. "No," she wept. "No, please! I can't take it!" she looked up at Eli, her face totally wet with tears. "There must be something I can do if it's his. Take away the godlike powers--can anything be done? Anything?"
"I don't know, my child," Eli said sadly. "I must meditate on it. It may be--that this is meant to be for you."
"No!" Minya cried desperately. "I don't want it to be his--I don't want to give birth to a half god."
"Minya," Eli said firmly, "you are a child of Love first. You will have the power to raise your child, no matter whose it is. Would you deny the love of a child who comes from the god of War?"
Minya heaved a sigh and looked down at her hands, tears splashing on them.
"N-no," she said, heaving on a sob. "No--I would love her no matter where she came from."
"That's the way," Eli smiled. "You will be all right, Minya. However I want you to go to the Healer tomorrow--just to be sure."
"Oh, we will," Joxer said firmly, putting his arms around Minya and letting her rest her head on his shoulder. "We will."
"Good," Eli smiled. "I am very happy you two found each other. Your love is blessed. Treasure and cherish it. Now if you'll excuse me," he said softly, turning also to Paulina, "i must go and meditate."
"Are you sure it's safe?" Paulina said fretfully. "I mean--what if that Caesar guy comes after you? Or worse--Alti?"
"I'm going to ask for a room right next to this one," Eli said, looking at Minya and Joxer. "I know two very good warriors--who I trust to protect me if anything happens." He smiled. Minya managed to smile back, a weak smile, but filled with conviction.
"Don't worry, Eli," Joxer said, standing up. "We'll protect you! After all--I am Joxer the mighty--"his hat fell into his eyes again, and Paulina giggled. This time, Minya managed a broad smile.
"Well," said Eli, "I will leave you three alone. You have much to catch up on--and much to read." He indicated his notes on the table. Minya nodded strongly.
"Be well, Eli," she said standing up and going to him. "Thank you."
"Sleep well, my child."
Eli walked out the door.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
In a darkened cave, the silohuette of Zeus shimmers in.

He speaks to a lone figure. 'It is done. Only for our common cause has this been done. There shall be no interference in this subject from the Olympian Gods, unless you interfere with us first.'

He steps back, and considers going. 'No' a raspy voice stops him. 'We need to be certain, how can you be so sure.'

Zeus smiles, and waves his hand regally about. 'I am The king of the Gods, i have my ways. Gabrielle is dead, and 'his' seed is implanted in that woman, as planned, the rest is up to you. I over heard them all talking.'

As Hope steps into the light she says 'my father will be pleased. I always wanted a little sister, and now mother can't help with that can she.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
to say Eli was confused was an extreme understatement. still reeling from the bizarre experience he’d just had, he remained as they’d left him, flat on his ass in the dusty alley.

seeing himself healing...teaching...praying... suffering...dying...and dying again. two crucified women..watching himself restoring life to the two dead women as if the powers he feigned in his street magic had been somehow made legitimate. what did it mean? and who were these two strange women who appeared so suddenly before him? the one, a lithe blonde warrior with a wild glint in her eye and the other--the one who planted these visions that were somehow so real that he knew they were most certainly his life to come--that one had a countenance that spoke of evils beyond his reckoning and a voice that echoed still in the corridors of his consciousness.

"those two ladies--and i use the term loosely---that you will bring back to life...they are responsible for this..."

and again his mind was filled with visions. this time the images exploded on his mindseye, images of men and women visiting unspeakable horrors of torture and torment upon one another. images of fire, poison, disease, genocide...an apocalyptic stew of death and depravity, a world of utter evil. then the visions stopped abruptly, so suddenly that he startled and fell backwards, landing hard in the dust. the women had vanished with the horrorshow the had planted in his head.

Xena rode hard into Poteidaia. she wanted to check on Gabrielle before she dealt with Alti. She didn’t expect to see Eli standing outside Gabrielle’s family’s cottage as if waiting for her arrival.

"what are you doing here? how is she?" but Eli blocked her path inside.

"wait Xena...i need to talk to you first."

she shrugged off the hand he placed on her shoulder "i don’t have much time Eli."

"Xena. she’s gone."

"gone? gone where? Amarice was supposed to keep her here."

"she’s dead Xena. so is Amarice. and Lila. they were all poisoned. we think Caesar's behind it."

the news washed over Xena, turning her legs to mush. she dropped onto the bench outside the cottage door.

"Xena, it is my belief this had to happen. i think in some way it may come to prevent Alti’s plan from coming to pass."

"what do you know of Alti’s plan?!" Xena snapped out of her fog of grief.

"she showed it to me. long ago. in India. before we met."

"she what...when...? you knew about this? and did you know that Gabrielle’s death was part of fulfilling Alti’s plan, not preventing it?!?"

"when we brought her back, that was changed. Xena, i believe she had to die again and go to be with my father to set things right."

"you believe...you believe. I’m over you and your beliefs, Eli. the only thing that keeps me from killing you right now is that i owe you my own life. that and the fact that your god probably wouldn’t let you stay dead for long anyway. but believe this--if you ever cross my path again i will make you wish that you never were born." she leapt back onto Argo and spun her head to the north. "this is between Alti and me now. and no one else. i’ll be the one who settles it."

she spurred Argo into the north wind, already blowing cold as the days approached the Harvest Moon. then, so deftly it went almost unnoticed, Xena spun back and galloped full speed at the wide-eyed Eli, cleanly severing his head with her sword and tipping it over to be caught in her other hand.

"then again, it couldn’t hurt to come bearing gifts." and she headed out north once again.

[edited to add the last bit, which I couldn’t decide about but ultimately wanted in. may the gods strike me if that’s not allowe--it would be mercy killing at this point. the rest of you can just put up with it in silence, as i have more or less done on more than one occasion thus far in the game...]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
'So nice to see you again, my dear. We rarely get the chance to catch up these days. One lump, or two?' Hera leaned forward and poured tea into a fine china cup.

'One. Thank you. I'm so busy with that war in Iraq. There are many bodies for me to touch with my candle, so that they make it to Hades.' Celesta helped herself to another ambrosia scone. 'These are divine.'

'Yes. I had them flown in from the Elysian Fields. There's a baker there who can do magic with pastry.' Hera took a sip of tea. 'I take it you have your candle safe? Don't want it falling into the wrong hands, do we?'

'I always keep it by me. It's right here.' Celesta leaned under the table and grabbed the flickering candle. It glowed with fierce intensity.

'That's beautiful. I've never actually seen it up close before. Do you mind?' Hera reached out her hand.

'Of course not. Just make sure that you don't drop it. The flame mustn't go out or no one will ever die.' Celesta passed the taper over.

'Yes, yes.' Hera looked mesmerised by its flickering light. 'Now, what would happen if I were to do this.' She passed the candle to Zeus, who had just entered the room.

'No! You mustn't!' Celesta lept to her feet. 'Give it back to me, quickly. Or departed souls will be trapped in their bodies forever.'

'Really? How interesting. So, if my husband were to vanish with the candle then, from this point forward, no mortal could actually die?' Hera pulled her lips tight into a smile. 'I like the sound of that.'

Zeus nodded to his wife, blew her a kiss, and disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Stupid hat, Joxer thought. Stupid life, he continued. Gabrielle is dead. *sob* Xenas soul. They never thought about it that way. They were fooled. He should have thought about it, though. He had known them for so long. Longer then most. What a chill down his spine he rememberd Gabrielle telling him stories about how evil Xena once was. And could be, if they did not support her. He had, as much as he could, even though it didn't always worked the way he planned (not much did). What would she do now, when her soul was gone, he wonderd? Go all bad and evil again? Very scary thought.

Shaking his head, he turned in bed trying to stop his thoughts. And there was Minya snoring beside him. Strongwilled Minya.... How he loved her. If it wasn't for her holding him when he heard about Gabrielles death, he would probebly have killed himself. She was his comfort at the moment. She and that mystery child of hers. A family. I never thought I'd have one, he thought. But now he did. And was going to do anything and everything to keep his family safe. Nothing would stop him from doing that. Exept death then, he thought and shiverd a bit. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

He knew what Minya wanted to do, once moring would come. Go after Ceasar for killing Gabrielle, Amarice and Lila. A good idea, he thought. It would be an intresting morning...

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
Caesar arrived in Rome - just as he remembered it - only now he was seeing it form the view point of a common pleb. Not for long though.

He rode his stolen horse (weary from many days' travel)to the gates of Augustus' palace. Still dressed in the clothes he had died in (that of a Roman nobleman) Caesar had no trouble smooth-talking his way past the guards.

In no time, he had made his way to Augustus' chambers. They were not at all hard to find, seeing they had once belonged to Caesar himself. Sure, the decore was a little different (much less classy than his own) but the feeling was the same - the feeling of a place of power. A place of greatness.

There were more guards on the door. Caesar of course knew the sectret entry to the chamber and bypassed them completely.

Augustus was taking an afternoon nap in his luxurious four-poster bed. There was a glass of water on his bedside table. Caesar withdrew the remnants of the poison that he had used to kill Gabrielle and co, and tipped it into the water. He smirked to himself and turned to leave, but someone was blocking his passage.

"Livia," he said surprised. She was no longer a screaming mess. Instead she held herself with an eerie stillness that might have chilled Caesar if he wasn't so sure that she had no interest in him.

Indeed, she did not respond to his address of her. She glanced at him quickly, as one might do if they saw a falling leaf in their periphery, then set her deadly sights back on Augustus. She had her hand on a dagger - one that Caesar had not seen before. He was happy to see that the chakram he had given her was still at her side. But then he shook his head - happy - an emotion he must learn to forget. Satisfaction was far more practical.

Livia stalked over to Augustus' bed and held the daggar high over his chest. She looked at Caesar, apparently wondering if he was going to try to stop her this time. Caesar gave her a knowing look and did nothing. Not that Livia needed Caesar's approval, she just wanted to know if he was going to try and cause trouble. She was almost dissapointed that he had no intention of it.

So it became apparent to Caesar that Livia was still under the impression that he was a god. He supposed it was the only reason that she had not killed him on sight.

Livia looked as though she was about to bring the dagger down, but then she stopped. She leant down into Augustus' ear and whispered something to him that made him smile. His grin widened as Livia continued to speak to him, and then he opened his eyes, wide enough for Livia to see the look in them as she twisted the dagger through his heart. Caesar flinched. He'd forgotten what that looked like from an outsider's perspective.

Livia grinned, happy with her work. She turned to glare at Caesar, and began to walk towards him when a hideous shriek erupted from the dead man's lips.

"You stabbed me!" cried Augustus in disbelief. "You little bitch! You stabbed me!"

Livia and Caesar both looked at him in utter confusion. Livia strode back over to him and stabbed him again. He cried out again, drawing the attention of his guards. But he didn't die. Livia stabbed him again and again, more furiously everytime. His torso was naught but shredded meat, but still he didn't die. Livia stood back, verily perplexed by the notion of this. Augustus was not an immortal. So how could he still be whining?

Augustus' guards rushed the would-be assassin. She dispatched of them instantly with little more than a swipe of her blade to each. Or so she thought. Their insides threatened to spill from their open wounds, but still they tried to defend their master. Noble, thought Livia, but stupid. She attacked again and set them on their backs. They could no longer stand against her, and it was not surprising. They were in pieces. But still thier cried of absolute agaony echoed off the marble walls.

Caesar watched curiously. Livia grabbed her head and started screaming as the desperate yowls of pain continued. Usually she didn't mind this sort of thing (relished it in fact) but this was not on her terms - it was not natural. These cries were not even possible.

"I did what you asked of me!" she yelled in anger to the sky. "Now leave me be!" Caesar could only assume that she was addresseing the furies. But Livia had not gone mad. The men she had killed were not dead. And yet, they were certainly not alive. It was a paradox of the most disturbing kind.

Livia had had enough. She took the razor-like chakram from her hip and began to slice into Augustus and his guards - dead or alive - they would be silenced by her blade.

The room was covered in blood. The voices had stopped. Nothing resembling a human body remained, though individual pieces of flesh did twitch on occasion.

Livia was satisfied that she had done what she had come to do. But it had exhausted her. She reached for the glass of water of the bedside table. Caesar watched. He said nothing to warn her of the poison. On one hand, this was because Livia being dead would help him greatly in his cause to reclaim Rome, on the other, it was an experiment to see if she would survive certain death as her victims had.

Livia drank. She coughed a little, as the taste of it burned her. She growled savagely, holding her stomach. Caesar's eyes twinkled. This was it, he would be rid of Livia for good...

Livia's growls came louder and harder, and then stopped. She shook her head and looked at the glass.

"That was some strong alcohol," she observed casually. She walked back past Caesar. "See?" she said to him calmly, "Just because you can't die doesn't mean i can't kill you. Think about that before you get any ideas for Rome, Caesar." She used the word 'Caesar' mockingly.

Livia turned to look at her beautiful carnage one last time and then left through the secret passage. Caesar watched her go, thanking his lucky stars that she had not seen him for the mortal that he was.

Caesar left the chamber shortly after Livia. It would not have been wise for him to stay there, much as it pained him to leave that place so soon.

A few days passed. He had sold the horse to pay for a place to stay and some food to sustain him. These necessities were all foreign concepts to him now - he had been dead for so long. One hardly needed to think of hunger when one didn't have a stomach to appease.

He watched the commoners - his people - scurrying about the streets on their daily rounds. All of them working for the strength of Rome, no matter how small their part may be. Caesar was not a fool, though it had come to be the polular opinion. He had even doubted himself, after so many failures, but now he knew for certain that this was the way it was fated to be. He had been too cocky in the past and it had brought him nothing but grief. If he could learn to be humble, even for the few days it took for the conspiracy of Augustus' 'death' to blow over, he would be much better for it.

An old woman past him, wailing. She looked like death walking. A young man stumbled across to the other side of the street. His back was hunched forward, as though he had been hit by some tremendous force - a falling stone perhaps - and yet seemed to have survived it.

Over these days, Caesar had come to realise something: no one was dying. It was ironic, he thought, seeing that he himself had died a number of times, and now these people weren't even permitted to die once? It didn't make sense. Some truly devious plot was afoot; what, seemed to be none of his business. But how? Now that was a question of interest.

Caesar was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of his name, called out in a vengeful tone. He looked up to see a man dressed in what appeared to be the off-cuts of every kind of amour imaginable. By his side stood a donkey, no, a woman riding a donkey (at first it was a little difficult to differentiat between the two).

"Julius Caesar!" cried Joxer again in a pompous sort of way. Caesar looked away. Joxer must have looked like a madman, calling out the name of a dead man as if he were stadning in the street - the townspeople didn't need to know that he was quite accurate in doing so.

"I see him!" said Minya, awkwardly dissmounting the donkey. "Let me at him! LET ME AT HIM!!!!" Joxer did his best to hold her back as the donkey brayed in alarm at her sudden actions. Caesar snickered to himself at the sight of it - a bumbling fool and a heavily pregnant woman attempting to call him out. It was far too amusing.

Joxer tried to storm over to Caesar, while at the same time holding a hobbling Minya closely to his side.

"You killed my friends!" Joxer accused loudly. Caesar looked around and behind himself, feigning confusion.

"I think you've made a mistake," said Caesar with a devilishly innocent smile.

"No mistake pal!" screamed Minya, "You killed Gabrielle and her sister! Oh, and Amamrice."

"Me?" said Caesar, still trying to remain as innocent as pie (not that pies had been that innocent of late).

"Yes YOU!" screeched Minya, "YOU, JULIUS CAESAR!!" The townspeople looked at Minya. Several of them laughed and shook their heads, and continued on their way to find some more plausable entertainment. Joxer saw the look on their faces. He knew that look. They thought that he and Minya were idiots.

"It's the truth!" He yelled to no one in particular. More people turned away - they had no time for this nonsense. Caesar smirked at Minya and Joxer.

"You see," he said infromatively, "Julius Caesar is dead - he has been for a long time, so I'm afraid you must be mistaken." Caesar turned away, concealing yet another proud smirk as he walked away from Gabrielle's little friends.

Minya growled at his back, an animalistic declaration of war starting in her throat, but a pain in her abdomen forced her to hesitate. The baby was acting up. Minya thought for a second - if this was Ares' baby, then maybe it knew that Caesar was it's brother. It didn't want Minya to kill him. Joxer had no such affliction.

"RAAAAAAAAA!" Caesar paused at the strange sound behind him, long enough for Joxer to neatly plunge his sword directly through Caesar's heart. Joxer, tears in his eyes for his fallen freinds, dragged the sword out again with just as much determination and savegery. Caesar wretched at the sensation of the cold steel sucking backwards through his torn and severed tissues.

He fell to his knees, blood splattering onto the dusty ground as he coughed it up from his lungs. Minya looked on in horror, suddnly pale at what her beloved Joxer was capable of. Joxer barely believed it himself, but managed to mask his fear of it with the rage of a viscous warrior. Minya turned into his shoulder as he lowered the crimson sword. His hand shook, as he suddenly felt the weight of it. The sword dropped to the ground next to Caesar - next to the man that joxer had killed.

"What have i done?" whispered Joxer, too shattered to speak any louder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Madogis,

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Gabrielle has been dispatched.

This post does not count towards Eli's post count for this week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Argeaux,

Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
Xena rode a dark horse into the darker north. A thick fog had settled over the plains. It might have been natural. Xena didn't really care. She didn't need to see.

Her horse suddenly stumbled and Xena leaned forward to whisper comfortingly in its ear. It answered back.

Xena pulled to a stop and executed a somesaulting leap off its back to land facing the horse and drew out her sword.

The horse snorted and blinked at her.

"What did you say to me?" Xena growled in disbelief.

"I said it," came a muffled voice and Xena realized the voice was coming not from the horse, but the saddlebag. The saddlebag with Eli's head.

The warrior quickly sheathed her sword and reached into the bag pulling the head out by its hair.

The messenger blinked at her. Xena stared at him.

"Ah much better, now we can discuss what brought you to this juncture. You are in discordance with the true Father, but I want you to know that I still love you. I am always with you and will do my best to guide you on your true path.'

Xena dropped the head back into the saddlebag and rolled her eyes. It was going to be a long night.

"Can you pray to your god to give my horse extra speed so that we can get to Alti sooner?"

"Mmhseihtslkhe?"

Xena sighed and pulled out Eli's head again. "I didn't catch that."

"We are going to Alti? We aren't ready. If she has taken back the head of Gabrielle, you should avoid her at all costs. At least until the morrow.

"Xena, my child. I want you to listen to me. You mustn't give into grief and despair. Gabrielle wouldn't want you to lose your way. She's going to be reborn. She'll have a new life."

"I haven't lost my way, Eli. I know exactly where I'm going."

"Then blessed be! I forgive you, Xena."

"Didn't want forgiveness."

"Yes you did. All children want forgiveness from their father. And through the right sacrifices, forgiveness will be had and the light will bathe the earth---"

Xena dropped the head back into the saddlebag. Mounting the horse she urged it into a run.

Alti frowned as she looked at the empty holes on her altar. She would need to obtain a bard's head. That bard's head. She cheered up when she thought of what Xena's reaction would be when she found out about Gabrielle's death.

"I can't wait for you to come, Xena. I want to know how you felt."

"Why don't you ask Eli?" Xena's voice cut through the stale air of the cave.

Alti quashed down the reaction that made her want to jump. She was a bit annoyed with the ease that all of Greece had been dropping in on her unawares.

"Xena, welcome!" She bared her teeth. "What brings you here?"

"Just thought I'd bring you a little something for your altar. For whatever good it will do."

Xena reached into the sack she'd carried in and tossed it across the cave.

"Well that's unexpected," growled Alti as she stared at the head of Eli. Bones and blood! This required a bit of a re-calculation.

"You don't know the half of it," muttered Xena.

The mouth of Eli opened, "Lost lambs in the wilderness. If ye renounce the evils that are an abomination to the Father..."

Posts: 55 | Location: Amphipolis, Thrace | Registered: 18 December 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
It was night and after a rousing bout of lovemaking and cuddling, Minya, Joxer and Paulina finally settled down to sleep.

This would be their last night in their cherished love nest, as they would definitely be putting some space between them and Rome as soon as possible.

Because their entertainment had been so vigorous, all three were asleep soon after the last cry of pleasure was heard ringing through the air.

They never heard the regiment of Roman soldiers ride up and surround their 'love nest'. In fact, they didn't hear anything until the soldiers burst in the door, surrounding them and yelling and pointing spears and swords at the sleepy and bewildered trio.

Paulina was the first to rouse and promptly screamed bloody murder. This in turn woke Joxer who sat up in a daze and instinctively turned to protect the pregnant Minya who was still snoring loudly.

"Joxer of Greece. You are under arrest for the murder of the Roman Emperor, Augustus Caesar and also for the recent deaths of three Poteidaian women. You are to come with us immediately to stand trial and if found guilty, to be condemned according to Roman law."

Joxer spluttered and scrambled for something to say. "Says who?" was the best he managed to croak out.

A shadowy figure stepped into the doorway. The Roman legionnaires parted respectively as Livia stepped into the room. "Says me."

"Minya, Minya wake up! Please, please wake up!" The tearful Paulina was desperately trying to rouse the still slumbering warrior woman. The woman had to pause a moment and grin. Everything Minya did, she did whole heartedly. This included sleep.

Her mind snapped back to the problem at hand and after much shaking and shouting, she was able to wake Minya. "Hnmnn? Whazzit? Again Jox? You animal."

Pauline rolled her eyes. "No Minya, wake up, please. Roman soldiers came and took Joxer away. They found out about that guy you were going to take out or something and what's worse, they're accusing him of killing your three friends from Poteidaia."

This had Minya sitting up, suddenly more alert. "What? Romans took Joxer?"

Her lover nodded. "Yes and some woman was commanding them. Said to tell you not to be stupid and come rushing after him. That he'd be safe, until the trial was finished."

Minya saw red. That bitch! She took Joxer. She was going to try and punish him for doing the right thing and killing Caesar. And even going so far as to accuse him of killing Gabrielle?

"That bitch. I'll show her. Joxer is the most kindest, righteous man. I'll be damned if I let that Roman whore sink her teeth into him. C'mon Pauly, we've got to get to Rome."

"Wh...what are you going to do with me?" The would be warrior asked, trying not to let the quaver in his voice be too obvious.

Livia glanced at him uninterestedly. "You're going to stand trial for murder. I believe the Praetorian told you all this. Don't struggle and don't try to escape. No harm will come to you if you obey these rules."

Joxer continued to struggle against the bonds around his hands and his feet. "Ha! Why should I trust you?"

He physically shrank back as a look he'd only seen Xena make came over Livia's face. "Never question my integrity. I am the Champion of Rome, it's beneath me to lie."

The man trembled and whimpered slightly. 'Oh Minya, be safe. Don't come after me, save yourself and the baby. You and Paulina have a good life together.'

Livia's voice interrupted him. She was looking straight ahead, with no expression on her face. "You won't be killed, I guarantee it."

The man's mouth gaped open. "How do you know?"

The Champion of Rome spared him a swift glance. "Because you're bait."

Written to show that you can write other Racers' characters IN character. It isn't hard to be respectful of the other players' creative expression. No excuses people, don't change a character's mannerisms just because you don't think it's true to the show.

Also written to twist the plot and cause Livia isn't what everyone is thinking she is
. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sara,

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Eli's body took the next horse in the stables and followed behind Xena. Just like the strange Indian family that lived with the snakes, he was immune to the stings of angry mortals. They can kill me but they can't stop me, he thought.

The few words he had with Xena, showed that she was falling deeper into her dark side. It wouldn't be long before his Father's plan would be completed, that much was sure.

He entered the cave. They only saw a shadow. He grabbed his missing dome and set it back straight. It just wouldn't do for them to hear all that his severed head might say; it was having a real out of body experience, and saying things that just didn’t make sense.

"There, that's more like myself! Hi Eli," he said, to the rest of his being. "Now, let's go see what's up."

He entered the cave again. Alti and Xena were spent from their night of debauchery. "Good, he thought, they are one now."

He left, a knowing smile spreading. Gabrielle, will not like to see this. But wait, she's dead! And I can't write about her or ever see her again!

Oh well, never mind. I'm outta here!

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Enter The Higher Realm Here

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Minya threw their few belongings into her knapsack, flung it over her back, and turned to Paulina.
"Are you coming?" she snapped.
"Minya, NO!" Paulina cried. "Don't you see you will only get him killed! And yourself! Minya, if you care about him--about this baby--about ME--don't go after him!"
Minya shook her head, rage and focus in her eyes. "She took my man away. The future father of my child! That, my friend can NOT go unpunished!"
Paulina knew it was futile, arguing with Minya. When she set her mind to something, she did it, that was that. Sighing, she took up step beside Minya.
"The least you could have done was get us a horse," she grumped. "I mean, you even left the donkey behind!"
"He was too slow," Minya said, keeping her eyes on the road.
"Everything that gets in your way, Minya, you just cast off, don't you?" Paulina snapped.
"Don't start, Pauly. We've had that argument before. I've got too much on my mind to go into it now."
"Well, I can't help it, you really are being stupid here!"
"Stupid or no, I have to find him," Minya said fiercely. "I can't allow that BITCH to have her way with him!"
"What's the matter, Minya, scared she'll seduce him and be better in bed than you are?"
Minya whirled around and glared at Pauly so fiercely, Pauly's blood ran cold.
"You have lasted longer than anyone, ANYONE I have been with!" Minya snarled. "NO one has lasted as long as you!"
"What about Joxer?" Pauly sneered.
"What about Joxer?!" Minya snapped.
"Oh--never mind!" Paulina huffed. "We just get into the same argument anyway!"
"First smart thing you've said all night," Minya said. "Come on. No more of this crap. We got a man to save."
Two Roman soldiers stepped out of the trees.
"She warned us you would try to interfere," growled one of them. Minya stood her ground, but Paulina panicked and began to shake.
"Scared, little girl?" snarled the second soldier. "Good."
He grabbed Paulina and flung her to the ground. Minya drew her sword and was about to advance on him--when the first soldier pulled out his sword, and plunged it deeply into her chest.
"MINYA!" Pauly screamed.
Minya felt the pain, saw the blood but she could still breathe. The soldier cursed, and retracted his blade, dripping with Minya's blood.
She acted on his distraction, pulling her blade back, swinging it around, and lopping off the soldier's head in one clean sweep.
Paulina let out an ungodly yell.
Minya whirled around, seeing that the second soldier was on top of Paulina. The worst was taking place.
Shrieking a battle cry, Minya rushed at the soldier. Her sword connected with his helmut and she lost her hold on it and dropped it. Quicky, she reached for her whip, pulled it out, and cracked it on the soldier's back.
He cried out in pain as a gash appeared on his back. Minya cracked it again, crying out in rage as she did so. All the while, blood was gushing from her chest. She paid no heed to it.
Finally the soldier couldn't take it anymore. He sprang to his feet and drew his sword, slashing at Minya, who just managed to get out of the way in time, still cracking the whip and hitting him in the neck this time.
The soldier cried out as the whip slashed his throat. He put his hand there--and blood gushed onto it. Minya used his distraction to quickly retrieve her sword from the dazed Paulina. With a clean sweep, she lopped off the second soldier's head. It rolled over and stopped beside the other one.
Minya sighed, and looked down at Paulina.
"Are you all right?" she asked.
Paulina jsut stared at her, unable to speak, just stare at her as blood continued to gush from her chest. Then--she screamed.
Arms encircled Minya from behind. One of those--huh? One of those soldiers was lifting her up!
"Wait a moment, I KILLED you you bastard! WAIIIIT!" She kicked and screamed as the second soldier picked up Paulina, also kicking and screaming. The two women struggled, but were flung over the horses the men rode. Minya feared for her baby, but so far had not been handled in a way that would hurt the child. Even though by now she was getting a little bigger.
Within moments, they were tied up. THe two headless men picked up their heads, put them back on top of their heads, and laughing, got back on their horses.
"How the hell are we gonna get these heads reattached?" one of them said to another. "Damn bitch warrior is better than I THOUGHT!"
"She's not that good!" guffawed the first one. "Or SHE would be dead!"
Minya's head was pounding. She was tied up, captured, she was going to Rome, to be delivered to Livia. Meanwhile her chest was killing her. If her boobs had hurt before....
This was not normal, thought Minya. I should be dead. Those two soldiers--I cut off their heads. They should be--
Oh, God of Eli.
What was going on? Was this what she'd been trying to get away from Rome about? She thought about the geezer she'd seen with the big gash in his head. THat should have been the death of him. But no. He was walking around, as if nothing had happened.
This wasn't right. And yet--Minya did not have time to panic. Soon, very soon, she would meet Livia, so-called Champion of Rome. All those visions she'd had of her in the past--and now, finally, she was coming face to face with her.
Minya steeled herself for the inevitable. Which came sooner than she expected.
Joxer screamed as Livia plunged the chakram that Caesar had given her into his belly.
"Look, pretty shimmers," she said, feigning the madness she once had. Then she made a face, and curled her lip. "Does it hurt, Joxer?"
"Livia," Joxer pleaded, "don't hurt me. Please. Not for my sake. But for Minya. Her baby needs a father! PLEASE!"
"Oh! My my, he's gushing blood and yet he does not die," Livia said in a bored voice. "I wonder why."
Joxer had no idea why either, but it certainly was not normal. His intestines should have spilled out, and yet they stayed intact.
"Now," said Livia, cocking her head to one side, "suppose I were to do...THIS?" She pulled the chakram back, and made as though to chop off Joxer's head. Joxer screamed. But at that moment, the door burst open.
Livia turned, glaring fiercely at the intruder.
"What?" she snarled.
"Just as you thought," said her soldier. "The fool has come after her fool."
Livia smiled, slowly, very slowly.
"Good," she said. Joxer hung his head, tears falling out of his eyes. But Livia was finished with him. For now.
Minya, her chest gushing more blood, pounded hard on the cell walls. "DON'T HURT HER!" she shouted vainly. Paulina's screams could be heard from the next cell. "HURT ME! ME!"
But no--she was rather unattractive right now, all covered up in blood. No one wanted to bed that.
Paulina...
Minya swallowed on a lump in her throat. SHe'd been cruel to Pauly just before the soldiers had come. She'd never forgive herself if anything happened to her. Never.
The door opened.
Minya jumped up and rushed at the intruder. She was pushed back down on her seat, hard, by Livia.
"Minya," Livia sneered. "How nice to--finally make your acquaintance." She turned, hocked and spit right on the ground.
"I mean really, Minya," she snarled. "you are in the presense of the Champion of Rome. The LEAST you could have done was make a good first impression!" She eyed Minya up and down, in disgust.
"Thought you liked the color red," Minya smirked. "Kind of--pretty, eh? Shimmery."
Livia pulled her lips back in a grimace that looked downright demonic. Her eyes held such focus, such hatred, that Minya's blood ran cold. Still, she would show no fear.
"Saw your mother with you a little while ago," she said, curling her lip. "Weren't you trying to do a little self mutilation thing on your head? Well, she was rather good to you, I saw. Rather--motherly, I might add."
Livia hocked and spit again, this time right in Minya's face. Minya simply wiped it off with her hand--and flicked it back at Livia, who chuckled.
"I tire of you," she said. "You are perhaps the biggest blowhard I have ever seen. Worse than Eli. And that is saying a lot."
"Eli is no blowhard," Minya growled.
"Right. I've heard the rumors he's taken a bit of an--interest in you," Livia sneered. "Well, more the better for me. I really could care less for his "way of love," my way is Rome. And TOO many people have gotten in my way." She drew her dagger then, and poised it right at Minya's stomach. A chill ran down Minya's spine.
"Starting with this one." Livia looked up at Minya, her large eyes clear not with rage--but with focus.
"I cannot allow anyone to interfere, you see," she said. "And I won't--ever again." She pulled her lips back again in a sneer. She pulled the dagger back--and--
Eli could sense danger even as he floated away from Alti's camp. Minya was in danger. The child....
So many lost children. Eli wondered if he could save them all.
So many things did not make sense, but his Father's plan, that was all that did make sense. He would somehow get the courage to share it with those he trusted--but one that he had trusted had betrayed him. Eli was taking no chances.
There was something about that child, something that Eli was certain about now. If he could get Minya out of this mess--somehow--he could warn her.
Before it was too late....
Joxer struggled vainly against the bonds that Livia had set for him.
"Stand still," snarled a man in a long black cloak. "Stand still, fool!"
Joxer stood still as the man began to--
"What are you doing?"
"Sewing up your stomach."
"Why?" Joxer was perplexed.
"Because you can't die anyway," the man snarled. "She wants you alert for some reason. You lose too much blood you're not alert anymore."
"Why," Joxer was confused, "why can't I die?"
"If I knew all the answers, I'd be a god, not a healer. Now stand STILL!"
So Joxer was still, as the man sewed him up. THe wound still hurt--but at least it wasnt bleeding anymore. THat much was a comfort.
However....Joxer took even greater comfort in knowing that the healer was extremely focused. A lot like Minya when she set her mind on one thing at a time. So focused on sewing up his stomach, the man had paid no heed to what Joxer had been doing with his hands.
Grinning, Joxer said, "Thanks." And gave the man a good left hand punch, that knocked him down. Taking advantage of his distraction, Joxer quickly undid the bonds around his feet. Livia was good, but she had underestimated him--well, everyone did. He was clumsy on his feet and his movements--but not his hands. Never his hands.
The healer swore, getting to his feet. "You're not supposed to--hey! Stop!"
"Sorry, can't stop, got a family to get back to," Joxer said, stumbling over the healer anyway. They rolled around on the floor a bit, the healer trying to grab Joxer's ankle as he rose. Joxer kicked hard, then stepped on the man's hand. The man cried out in pain.
"Sorry," Joxer said sincerely. Then he kicked the hand away and tore out of the room as fast as he could, armor rattling the whole time.
Minya held her breath, unable to move or react. It happened too fast. THe blade came rushing toward her stomach--and--
Suddenly Livia cried out in rage and pain.
Looking down, Minya saw her hand covered in blisters. The blade she'd held had discintegrated. From Minya's stomach was a certain red light. Minya looked up, slowly, and met Livia's gaze.
"Bummer," she said, then punched Livia hard in the jaw. Livia fell back, and hit her head hard against the floor. She was unconscious.
Minya tore out of the cell. She was starting to feel very weak. Her breath came in gasps as she ran to Paulina's cell.
Paulina looked like death warmed over.
"Oh, Pauly," she gasped, "what in hades have they DONE to you?"
With a cry of rage, she ran against the door, kicking it as hard as she could. She kicked--and kicked--
And her stomach started to feel warm. And strength--a newfound strength entered her. With a final kick, the door fell open.
"Minya," Paulina gasped. Blood was all over her. Minya swallowed hard as she helped Paulina to her feet. She'd been brutally raped--and mortally stabbed, but she was not dead.
"Pauly honey--I'm so sorry about what I said earlier. I will let nothing happen to you," Minya said softly, holding back tears. "Come on, love. We'll get out of here, get you healed up--"
Rattling armor made her spin around.
"JOXER!" screamed Paulina.
Joxer froze, fear all over his face as he took in Minya's appearance.
Minya sighed. "We can't die apparently," she said. "Come on. Let's go. Then we'll find a healer who can sort us out."
"I--I--where's Livia?"
"She got burned," Minya grinned. "come on, let's go before she wakes up!"
"Minya!"
That voice she recognized.
Eli walked up to her. "Minya, Minya--what have I done, leaving you to your own devices?"
"Eli, Livia is unconscious in the cell," Minya gasped.
Eli looked toward the cell where Minya had been.
"Not for long, I fear," he said. "Go, Minya. Go as far as you can. Find a healer. And--wait for me," he held her gaze witih his own. "There is much we have to discuss."
Minya nodded once to him, then she and her two companions took off. THis time they wasted no expense. The stable was just next to the prison. The stable hand stared at them, and at Minya. He gulped.
"Excuse us," Minya said, and pushed him aside.
"Hey, you can't do th--"
"Just a loan," Joxer grinned. "We'll return them, uhh, next week. No, uhh, maybe not, maybe--"
"Joxer!"
He turned around. Minya had already gotten the horses together. No saddles though. SHe didn't have time for that. Minya struggled to get on top of the first horse, but she'd always been a bit uncoordinated.
"Dammit," she snarled, hearing voices coming toward the stable.
Finally she was able to mount. Pauly easily got up behind her. Joxer did his own fumbling to get on his horse, but at last they were finally mounted.
"You'll pay for this, y--"
They tore out of the stable, Minya hitting her head on the doorway and swearing loudly. They tore off at breakneck speed, Roman soldiers chasing them as they raced away, raced as if all around ancient Greece. Minya almost felt like she'd seen the entire country of Rome in their race. Arrows plunged into her back--and Joxer's--as well as Paulina's. They felt the pain, but did not die.

It seemed like forever before the sound of pounding horsehooves was none other than their own. Minya had taken them through a deep wooded forest. As they tore out the other end of the forest--Minya realized they were not in Rome anymore.
There was a hut, a little hut, sitting just outside the forest. Next to the hut was what looked like a stable. The three friends slowed down, Minya about to fall right off her horse. Paulina was not much better off.
Joxer looked at the two bloody messes that were his ladies. Why hadn't they just stayed behind and let him die? What would happen to them now? His heart pounded in his throat.

The door of the hut opened.

"Well," said a familiar voice. "It's about TIME you mortals showed up!"

"Dite," Minya gasped. "Dite's Afro!"

She stepped up to them, her Afro shining in the moonlight, her clothes clinging to her supple form.
"Buffy took off and found me," she said grinning. "He's rather hysterical, you know. I TOLD you he's good at picking locks!"
Minya smiled slightly.
"Come on," Dite's Afro said, jerking her head toward the hut. "The healer is inside, waiting for you. I can't do much to protect you mortals, not allowed you know, but I can at least offer you shelter."

"Dite's Afro--I--"
"Come on, no questions, I'm taking chances enough as it is," Dite's Afro said. "The hut has a charm on it. Only people who are into the love poo can see it. Those who do pooey old evil--well--they can't see it. But then, this hut existed long before my stepmother made that rule about helping mortals so it doesn't count!" she grinned, then stamped her foot impatiently.
"Come ON! Oh, don't worry, the stable is charmed too."

Slowly, Minya and her companions dismounted. They took the horses to the stable and put them inside, safely. Feverishly, they let Dite's Afro lead them into the hut--and with a sigh, disappeared into it. As the door shut behind them--both hut and stable disappeared.

Twenty minutes later, the Roman soldiers tore out of the forest.
"Where'd they go?" demanded one of them. It was evident to them that they'd gotten away.
"Dammit all," snarled the other, a rather vain pompous idiot. "Livia is going to be SO mad at us! I do NOT want to lose my head again, I JUST got it reattached this morning!"
His friend shrugged, and smiled.
"Look at it this way," he said. "At least you don't have to get ASKLEPIOS to do it!"
The pompous one shuddered. "Anything but that!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
**FLASHBACKS**

Minya and Joxer looked over their friend's bodies. Gabrielle was their main concern; they knew Alti would come looking for her head again. They did the only honourable thing - a traditional Amazon funeral pyre. It was crude and humble, but the feeling behind it was truly befitting of any queen.

They watched the falmes lick away Alti's chances to complete her evil scheme and vowed that they would see Caesar to his grave for this, once and for all.

As morning broke on the charred remains of the pyre, the pair set off in the direction of Rome to make their vengeful plans a reality.

Dite watched from Olympus, cringing at what she was seeing. Gabrielle - the friend she had restored such a short time ago - gone up in smoke. It was rather upsetting, and not very pretty. Because of the burning, she couldn't even try to restore the bard again. Her poor friends had inadvertantly seeled her fate for good.

Dite vowed that she would be more alert in the future. She would not let anymore harm befall her remaining mortal cronies (especially after all the nice blue-berry treats they'd been leaving at her temples). No, she would be vigillant! She would make sure that Joxer and Minya remained safe! She would make sure to smite any foe that even tried to endanger them! She would...get distracted by her own reflection and not notice that Joxer and Minya were headed into some serious trouble.

Xena awoke to find Eli's head missing from Alti's lair. She went outside to investigate matters further. There were horse tracks in the dirt. Had someone stolen the head? But who would do that? And why?

"God-boy ran away," came a sly voice from behind her. Alti smirked at Xena's confusion. "The rest of his body galloped in here and took off with his head. How he expects to ride a horse and keep that wonky head on straight..."

"You saw him leave?" asked Xena, dumfounded. "Well why didn't you stop him?"

"I had...other things on my mind." She grinned at Xena. Xena rolled her eyes. She knew she shouldn't have accepted that deer's blood last night - of COURSE Alti had spiked it in order to have her way with her. Still, there were more important matters afoot.

How was it that Eli's had effectively survived his decapitation? It was not like the other times he had died, when he had simply shimmered off to be with his "father". This time he seemed to remain trapped in his earthbound body. Something was terribly wrong with that.

"I'll deal with you later," glared Xena. She whistled shrilly. Argo stepped out from the woods and stood perfectly still as Xena summeralted onto her back. Xena kicked the horse's sides and was on her way to finding Eli. With all that had happened, it was not difficult to guess where he was going. He would be determined to defend Minya to the death (if that were possible) seeing how he had so shamefully failed to protect his other beloved protegy, Gabrielle.

And Xena knew Minya - that wild woman would be out for Caesar's blood. And everyone knew that Caesar was after Rome, so by deduction, that's where they all would be.

Alti humfed to herself as Xena "heeyaa!"ed into the distance. How rude, to leave Alti standing there with no regard to their intensely complicated relationship. But if Xena thought that she could blow Alti off that easily, she had another think coming.

Alti, making the same string of deductions that Xena had made, decided to take a trip to Rome herself. She would meet her new snuggle-buddy there.

Ephiny redressed Xenan's wounds. Livia had certainly done a number on him. The centaur pawed the ground in frustration as his mother fussed over him.

"I'm fine," he assured her gruffly.

"You're not fine - you need to be treated," said Ephiny in a motherly tone. "I thought you would have outgrown your stubborness about these things by now."

Xenan pouted. Here he was, letting his mother - an Amazon queen - tend to him as though she were nothing more than a nurse maid. It was beneath her. The whole situation was beneath the both of them, and there was only one person responsible. Livia.

Xenan waited until his mother was resting. He trotted out of the shelter they had found, careful not to let his hooves make too noise enough to his mother. He was stronger now, even if Ephiny did not recognise it.

He looked back to Ephiny, peacefully asleep. He smiled at her. He knew she had risked a lot to save him. He had not made the decision to challenge Livia again lightly, but the girl needed to be taught a lesson. Xenan was stronger now, even if his mother did not recognise it.

He galloped away into the night. Ephiny was none the wiser of her son's absence. So Xenan would have his rematch with the sadistic bitch of Rome, and this time he would have the element of surprise. The last thing Livia was expecting was for her shimmery horsie to return.

Caesar heard the rable about his corpse die down. A beggar side-stepped towards him, no doubt wanting to frisk the body for valuables, but Caesar turned a dangeroulsy cold eye on him. The beggar stumbled back in fright, clawing his way through the dust in a panicked scramble to get away from the zombie.

Caesar groaned, dreadfully aware of the gaping void in his chest. He managed to pull himself onto his feet. He turned to see if that insolent little prat and his bare-foot wench were still behind him. They weren't. Their donkey did seem to be enjoying the fruits of a nearby stall though, much to the dismay of the propietor.

Caesar staggered away down the street, narrowing his eyes at anyone who dared to meet them. He was not exactly a force to be reckoned with though. Sucking chest wound, slight head-ache, loss of appetite...being impaled was bcoming less and less fun the longer he had to feet it.

**END FLASHBACKS**

Joxer, and Paulina quivered a little as Dite healed them both with her godly powers.

"There," she said, "All better. Now Minya." She put her hands over Minya's stomach, but jumped back. "Yowch, that little puppy is sending out some seriously nasty vibes!" Minya frowned at her. Dite shrugged and tried again. She healed Minya, then shook her head to sober herslef. "That kid's got quite and energy kick - kinda like tobasco sauce. Hm...does tobasco sauce go with blue-berries?"

Minya wondered what this could mean. This baby was certainly no mortal child. She petted her stomach and looked sadly at Joxer. Joxer knew what that look meant - he didn't think that he was the baby's real father anyway. He had hoped though.

"So when do we go after Livia again?" asked Minay excitedly. Dite stared at her. Joxer held his stomach nervously. Minya noticed their reluctance. "Oh you're not seriously thinking of letting her get away with this?" she said heatedly.

"What choice do we have?" asked Joxer, defeated. "She tore us apart - literally."

"Yeah, but we survived!" said Minya. "We fought her and won! How many people can say they've done that, huh?" Joxer shook his head. He was not much in the mood for fighting anymore.

"Maybe we should just count our blessings and get out of here," he said. "I don't like the thought of being her play-thing again, and i don't think that Pauly does either." Pauly glanced meekly up at Minya, and then down again. "We're lucky to be alive Minya. What Livia did...it should have killed all of us."

"Yeah," said Minya, "But it didn't! Dite's obviously got our back on this one - she must have enchanted us to be immortal or something so we could take on Livia and WIN, right Dite?"

"Nuh uh," said Dite, "I got nothing to do with it. But from what I've seen, a whole bunch of you mortal meat-bags have been hanging around in your bodies, long after you were due to check out."

"But how is that possible?" asked Paulina.

"Wait..." Joxer tried to think. "I remember reading one of Gabrielle's scrolls - something about death being in chains. It said that if someone were to capture death, then people couldn't die. Do you think that it could have happened again?"

"How should i know?" snapped Dite. "Hera and Zeus have TOTALLY left me out of the loop on this one. It is SO not fair!" She crossed her arms, clearly unimpressed by her parent's secrecy.

"Well if we can't die, then what do we have to lose?" said Minya, sprining to her feet. "Come on! The four of us can take down Livia once and for all! Who's with me!?" No one spoke up. Minya tried her best to conceal her dissapointment. "Fine! I don't need you anyway!" She ran to the door and opened it. "Onward and upward!" she cried as she ran off into the night. Unfortunately, she ran straight into Livia's guards. They seized her and took her back to Livia, and that was that.

Livia stalked past Minya, who was chained to the dungeon wall. Minya spat at her. Livia turned to her guards.

"I thought I told you to bring me Xena's little tag-alongs," she said, "Not a camel. Though i can see how you'd be confused."

"You won't get away with this!" cried Minya. Livia laughed.

"If only i had a dinar for everytime i heard that...well, I'd be able to buy a nice display case for the insolent tongues that I ripped from the mouths of the people who said it."

Minya shrank back against the wall, at last silenced by this threat. Livia grinned. She enjoyed the silence of fear. But it didn't last long.

A great commotion called Livia's attentions outside. It was...not possible.

Xena's battle cry echoed beneath the swarm of gurads at Livia's gate. Her mother was here. This was sooner than expected.

Livia put a hand to her chakram. Would it be too easy to take Xena out right now? Her thoughts were interupted but yet another unexpected site - Eli - riding through the street with Joxer by his side, that and his own head.

"Livia! said the disembodied head, "Joxer has told me that you have taken my friend Minya hostage! I demansdyou release her!" Livia could not contain her laughter. Eli - no, Eli's head - making demands of her. Not likely.

Xena looked from Eli to Livia. It would have been wise to rescue Minya from her daughter's evil clutches, but all her isntincts were telling her to wait this one out. There was something going on here, and she couldn't risk anyone dying until she knew what that something was.

And the strangeness continued.

Stumbling around the street corner came Caesar, doubled over in pain. He straightened up upon seeing familiar faces, particularly Livia's. He tried to subtely to hide the fact that he was kind of dead, as this would not help with his hope that Livia still thought he was a god.

Xena and Livia both sneered at him dangerously. Caesar tried to back away slowly, but was pushed forward towards the action as thundering hooves threatened to trample him from behind. Xenan appeared.

"Horsie?" said Livia, clearly confused. Was Xenan really that stupid as to seek her out?

"Livia!" ordered Xenan, "I demand you stand and fight me like a real warrior! I am both willing an able to rematch my strength agaisnt yours! So fitght me woman! Or are you a coward?"

Xena squinted at him, trying to be sure of what she was seeing. She ran a guard through without bothering to look at him, then walked steadily over to Ephiny's centaur son.

"Xenan?" she asked in an almost speechless whisper. His appearance here was shock enough alone, but to see the state that Livia had left him in...

"Hello Xena," said the centaur darkly. Afterall, it was difficult to exchange pleasentries with the mother of the animal you were about to put down.

Dite appeared to Minya and undid her chains.

"Good thing I learned how to pick locks from the monkey," she said. Minya rubbed her wrists and stared up at the goddess.

"Where's Livia?" she asked with concern.

"Outside," said Dite. "There's some wierd reunion going on of everyone she's ever met. It's totally twisted. Anyways, I gotta zap you out of here before she comes back!" Dite made to do what she said, but Minya stopped her.

"What about Joxer?" she asked anxiously. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah well about that," said Dite, "Eli came looking for you. Of course he could see the shack - way of love and all that jazz - so he asked us where you were. Jox told him that old Livie-poo had got her badly-managed claws into you, so now they're both out there in all the hub-ub, trying to get your cute little self out of here."

"They're with Livia?" gasped Minya. "Well we have to rescue them!"

"Hey, weren't you the one who wanted a confrontation with Xena's little hell-spawn?" Dite reminded her. "Thought you were all death-free and stuff?"

"Yeah, but i forgot that there are fates worse than death!" said Minya, "Like having your tongue ripped out..." She made a very sour face at the thought. "We have to go stop Joxer from doing anything stupid - I need his tongue to be in full working order when I get to him."

"So which is it?" Demanded Xenan of Livia. "Will you fight me, or not?"

It was a pointless display of macho pride. As such, Xena and Livia rolled their eyes, almost simultaneously.

Xena moved to dicourage Ephiny's son from this foolish endevour, but was distracted by the unearthly cackle of Alti, who had appeared near the back of the bizzare scene.

"Thought you could love me and leave me did you?" she grinned at Xena. Xena sighed in exasperation, as she looked at everyone around her. She did a head count:

Livia, Alti, Eli, Joxer, and Xenan. Oh, and Caesar (she remembered as he moaned in the background).

"This is rediculous," she said under her breath. Two more bodies appeared.

"Joxer!" screamed Minya as she ran towards him. Livia sneered at the sight of her prisoner running free. Dite shrugged smugly at her. Xena's eyes widened in disbelief. Where the heck were all these people coming from!?

"Livia!" called Xenan agian, "Will you fight me or not!?" Livia still had her blistered hand on her chakram. "Livia!" She curled her fingers underneath it, and unhooked it from her waist. "LIVIA!!"

In a fluid movement, too fast even for her mother to detect, Livia sent her chakram into the centaur's chest.

"Xenan!" cried Xena in shock. She had been so distracted...

"XENAN!!" screamed Ephiny, arriving just in time to see the harsh ring of steel imbedded deeply in her son.

Minya, Dite, and Ephiny, added Xena to her head-count.

"Xenan..." said Ephiny running to her son. Xenan stood on all fours, stumbling a little, but he didn't look like he was going to fall. Livia growled a little at that - she would have enjoyed seeing his hide, flat against the dirt.

"All right!" said Xena suddenly, "What the HELL is going on around here!?" It was what everone was thinking. Everyone but Eli, that is.

Eli slipped awkwardly from his horse and approached Xenan. Everyone watched him curiously (if only to see if he was going to lose his head), as he laid his free hand upon the chakram in the centaur's chest. He pulled it out, barely noticing Xenan's screem - he was so taken with the weapon.

"What?" said Xena, knowing that Eli knew something that she didn't.

"This is it," said Eli, holding the chakram down closer to his eye-level. "The third chakram of the proficy...This is what we've been searching for."

Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
Applause, applause….eeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Wow!!!
*bows* I'm a fan Caesar. Wink

Just had to say that.
You may continue now...

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Joxer looked at them all. They were all here, gatherd. And the tension in the air just before Xenan got the chakram in his chest was as thick as... Well, he couldn't think of anything like it, really. Confused much, he tried to keep up with what happend in the same time as he tried to keep an eye out for his two ladies. He saw Dite and Minya. Good, Minya should be safe with her. I will always be Dite's fatful servent, he thought. She has helped us so much. While he looked at the weird gathering of people with Xena in the middle (of course), he heard a moan behind him. It was Ceasar. "Wait a minute! Didn't I kill you!", he said surprised. Ceasar looked at him chillingly and said ironiclly "I am so sorry to disapoint you..."

On another note, totally out of the story and the game, thanks for the nice stuff you've written about Joxer. I am glad that you don't just see him as a bumbling idiot. 'Couse in my mind, he is not. Thats it. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
*a half day or so ago*

dite's afro and friend dine at a Olympian Fried Ambrosia resturant. While dite prefers the ambrosia livers, her friend is partial to the ambrosia biscuits and gravy.

"Well, Lachesis, didja bring me the info i asked for, hmmm?" asked dite.

"Yes, dite, i have it here. I searched the threads for the information you asked for." Lachesis pulls a scroll from her back-pack. "I hope you keep your end of the deal"

"Yadda yadda yadda, here's some of my Dite's Delight perfume. No dude'll resist ya now, not even that Melous Gibsonous fella you like" At whose name Lachesis blushed.

"Maybe he's my fate after all hehee" snorted Lachesis of The Fates. "I haven't the nerve to check his fate line."

dite snorted back, and unfolded the scroll. "Jeeeeeepers, lotta words, no pics, i am so gonna be able to read this in five minutes- not! Ummm, can you sum this up for me, pleeeeze i'll toss more Dite's Delight in pleeeeeze!?"

Lachesis sighed. "Ok. The short version. You asked me to look into Alti's past to find something to help Xena permanently defeat her. You knew Alti first met Xena when she was snooping around Xena & Borias' camp near the northern Amazon region. Alti was an outcast shamaness and she was travelling with her then-apprentice Anokin. Alti had been cast out of a couple Amazon tribes. She learned fast, usually from the reigning shamaness and eventually killed them. This is what led to her being outcas-"

"This is *yawn* the short version?" interupted the afro.

"You want to read the scroll yourself? No, I didn't think so. Anyway, Alti's pattern, since leaving her home village, seemed to be the same pattern. Join a group of either criminals or warriors, buddy up to the most powerful member in the group, learn as much as she could, kill that person and move on. Sometimes she took "apprentices" with her from one group to another. These persons were more patsies for her crimes than anything else. She would share very little knowledge with anyone, least until Xena came along."

"And her home life & village? Any goodies there?"

"Bingo!" exclaimed Lachesis. "Alti's mother, Alenda, was a very lovely woman. Her father had originally been born in Greece but drifted to the small village of Kyieva with his wife when Alti's father was just a child. Her father learned the warrior ways quickly & assembled a small army to both protect Kyieva and to raid nearby smaller villages. He and Alenda were fated to meet, if I do say so myself. She loved him dearly but he only prized her for her beauty & for bedding her. When he found out she was pregnant, his attitude towards Alenda changed, he desired her less. When Alti was born, Alenda was very loving towards her at first but as it grew obvious that her man was jealous of and hated the child, she showed less care & love towards Alti."

"Grrrrrr. The bastard!" dite shouted.

"Oh it gets worse. As Alti grew, his ignoring her turned to hitting her. Alti was a pretty child with an amazing singing voice. Her father, who couldn't sing at all, grew more jealous. So jealous that he would press his thumb against Alti's throat, just hard enough to damage it to where she has that unpleaseant raspy tone it still has today."

dite was ticked. "I- I- Me I can help Alti. Teach her about love and heal her thro-"

"No. It is Alti's fate to be the evil shamaness she is. The gods cannot change that destiny. In fact, as I'll soon tell you, it was a Greek god who defined Alti's fate. . Only Alti can change her fate if she so desired. If you go to her and try to help, dite, it will only darken your fate and perhaps backfire Don't ask how or why, just know it's true."

"Then there's no point to this, is there?" asked dite holding the scroll.

"I've not yet finished. I've not yet mentioned the name of Alti's father. His name was Atrius. Alti was originally named Atri after her father, but he would have none of that. So it was altered to Alti."

"Atrius? hmmm? that's- Xena's father? No, not the same Atrius!"

"Yes, dite, one and the same. Atrius the warrior of Kyieva was also the father of Xena. It was his exceeding at being a great warrior so young that attracted the attention of Zeus who-"

"Whaaaaa? Oh well, i'm not surprised. Hmmmph! Go on, please."

"Zeus recognized the potential in Atrius. Not for any current battles, but for something- or someone- in the future. By the time Zeus appeared on the scene, Alti's fate was soon to set. Her mother was also recieving the brunt of Atrius' anger towards Alti. She would soon depart on her own, leaving a very young Alti to fend for herself. But not before Zeus stepped in.

On the eve of what might have been a great battle victory for Atrius, Zeus whoosed him back to a Greece he hadn't seen for ages. Zeus took the angry warlord to the town of Amphipolis. He told Atrius he must end his warrior ways, he must worship at the temple of Ares, and he must court and marry the lovely Cyrene. Oh Atrius was furious and threatened to head back north but Zeus told him that if he left Greece without his permission- which he wouldn't likely ever get- he would die a most painful death. Zeus told him to be patient and follow his orders. All would be revealed eventually."

Now Zeus was always on the lookout for the making of a strong mortal warrior he could shape & mold. He knew that Cyrene was a strong willed woman and that she came from a very distinguised line of warriors, sea captains, and adventurers. Her own father had been a sea captain, a very shrewd stratigist when in battle. Zeus saw a union of Atrius and Cyrene as a match made in Olympus. And he didn't even need dite to pull it off."

"Hey! I resemble that remark!"

"Time passed in Amphipolis. Atrius & Cyrene married. Her folks were weary of him. He seemed too restless and mysterious. Rarely spoke of his past except to say his family had been killed in a raiding party by the Romans. Zeus had no quarrel in letting Atrius fight in battles, long as he stayed in Greece. When he thought the time right, Zeus appeared to Atrius in battle. He lifted a hand, shot a spark at Atrius, and remarked 'Feel just briefly now what it's like to be a god.' Atrius was electrified with power! He used the power to destroy a dozen tough opponets before Zeus took him aside. 'Now is the time. A quick journey home.' Atrius came to Cyrene that night, Cyrene surprised to see him home from war so suddenly. He was just there the night but the seed was cast. Xena. No wonder she has some super mortal abilities. Remember this, dite, Xena has more godly ability just from what was given to Atrius by Zeus for a few moments. If she would focus on that instead of being so anti-god, she could use it to her advantage."

"What sort of abilities?" inquiring blonde mind wanted to know.

"Zeusian, I suppose." she giggled. "It's up to Xena to discover the abilities."

"So, Alti & Xena are step-sisters. Xena has some extra godly abilities if she focuses. You couldn't have summed it up to that?"

"Also," added Lachesis, "Zeus was not happy that Cyrene gave birth to a female warrior. He chided Atrius for years about this. He even told a priest of Ares to tell Atrius to kill Xena. That's when Atrius got the axe from Cyrene, literally. Then Zeus considered Xena as a mate for Ares. Of course, Hercules, and then Gabrielle put a stop to that plan."

But Zeus has also kept track of Alti over the years. Making sure she kept on the wrong and crooked path without Alti knowing of his eye on her. He has manipulated her actions from the time she left her home village, making sure she moves on from one place to another. It was Zeus who made sure that evil found Alti and that Alti embraced evil. It was his back-up plan. if the offspring of Altrius went astray. Alti might have changed, would have ended up elsewhere had it not been for Zeus. And she doesn't suspect a thing- not about Zeus nor Xena being a step-sister- nothing. Alti left her village, despising her father, never knowing what happened to him, never looking back. Strange that if she had only looked really backward into Xena's past...who knows."

Dite: "Alti probably wouldn't be a happy camper to learn of Zeus' interference in her life. I'll pass this scroll on to Xena. Thanks for looking this up so quickly, Lachesis. Uh, Lachesis? What's wrong?"

Lachesis: "Actually, I lied about something. I didn't have to search the threads for this information. It was already there, easy to access when I came back from lunch yesterday. dite, it appears that Hera had asked Atropos for the same history of Alti with the same results I've told you. Atropos told me that Hera was extremely pissed that Zeus was involved this way in Xena's life story. You know how jealous she is- in fact, Atropos says that Hera believes she doctored the thread about Atrius returning home to Cyrene. Hera believes that Zeus is the father of Xena!"

"Aw c'mon, how can the Fates alter a thread history as it's being read?"

"We can't," replied Lachesis, "but Hera had asked for this particular history in advance to Atropos. Perhaps Hera thought we doctered that particular history bit ahead of her arrival. You know how jealous Hera is of Zeus. And Hera has always wondered about Zeus' fascination with Xena. No telling what she'll do now t-. dite?"

dite couldn't respond now. The afro had left the building.

*a half day or so later*

Too much action for the afro to handle, dite thinks. Oh yeah..

dite pulls Xena away from Eli & the others.

Xena: dite, hold on. El-

dite whooshed Xena away a few feet away from the others.

"Xena, read this." dite pushes the scroll into Xena's hands. "Alti's your half-sister. You have godly abilities you need to discover. Hera thinks Zeus is your papa. I gotta another god gig to do, take care of our pals, don't forget to return Hades' helmet of invisibility when you're done with it, and that's the news and i'm outta here-" *whoooosh pop!*

Xena watches the gold whooshy trails of dite's exit and sighs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xenacrazed,

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post