Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Warrior Women  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    New TV Season- What to Watch?????
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderators: lila997
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New TV Season- What to Watch?????
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Picked up Netlix. Kinda underwhelmed but it's cheap. Movie selection isn't all i expected it to be.

Gonna check out some of their TV shows. i can always cancel it if they suck
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Started watching the Defenders. It's okay. Haven't yet seen solo shows for Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage or Daredevil yet.
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Still enjoying Bll Maher..myself..

Gave up on Naked News..LoL
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Started watching WandaVision.

The first couple eps were silly situation comedies that were kinda boring

Finally things picking up once the laugh track ended

Got a couple more eps to watch
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
thats good....
I was rather disappointed in Wandavision

Maybe Ill continue with it ...


I watched 4 eps of a creepy-ish/Scifi show..named Debris

A derelict alien space ship is drifting thru the solar system
& pieces of Debris are falling onto the earth..

With Lovecraftian-ish style consequences....no Cthulhu ...yet..LoL

it s by NBC dont know if its reg broadcast or a PPV type of show........

Who the Frak NAMES these things....its the most generically boring title EVER..!!!!
I dont even know why I bothered to look into it but Im glad I did..

thats exactly what killed Threshold also a spooky sci-fi show from back in the day...
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Finished WandaVision... typical Marvel ending.

Finished the Defenders. Liked this & wish there was a 2nd season

Moving on to other Marvel series soon
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Finished WandaVision... typical Marvel ending.


That sounds good too... I generally LIKE marvel endings....

I grew up in a time when society was basically good & hopeful..

Then designer jeans &the 80s came & too many people
have been gettjng more snide,shitty & insincere
on all levels ever since.....makes me sad...& mad..
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ummm....Ok...

I finished WandaVision..

It was watchable ..but little more than that....

It never connected with me..not once...

My fave part was seeing Wanda in her comic book outfit
Which was oddly kinda blah..too..

How can these guys be SOOoooo great
at Movies & so blah at TV..?

The story was pretty lame the acting & visuals were good,tho

Who thought that THIS was what they should devote 7-8 hours to?

I sure hope you enjoyed it more than I did....
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Ummm....Ok...

I finished WandaVision..

It was watchable ..but little more than that....

It never connected with me..not once...

My fave part was seeing Wanda in her comic book outfit
Which was oddly kinda blah..too..

How can these guys be SOOoooo great
at Movies & so blah at TV..?

The story was pretty lame the acting & visuals were good,tho

Who thought that THIS was what they should devote 7-8 hours to?

I sure hope you enjoyed it more than I did....


like i said, typical Marvel ending

It's on Disney, so it has to play to the kiddies

They should've have figured in Dr Strange & the X-Men or other Avengers into the story instead of all those eps with laughtracks.

Agatha Harkness wasn't a villain in the comics, and Magneto is Wanda's father not some random dude
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

like i said, typical Marvel ending
It's on Disney, so it has to play to the kiddies
Haha, OK I didnt have a problem with the ending..
by then I was just glad it was over..LoL

It has an 8.2 on IMDb...I wanna watch whatever They saw..

Supergirl is probably the most corny kid-friendly superhero
TV show on now..but its also 1 of the best IMO..
I havent seen any since s2..{dont ask}




They should've have figured in Dr Strange & the X-Men or other Avengers into the story instead of all those eps with laughtracks.

I dunno.... I think it needed to be ABOUT the Scarlet Witch/Wanda
Not whatever this was...the Dr Strange movie was awesome....
this entire thing was a complete waste of time & effort..I say..

Why? these 2 are more alike than different & Wanda is 'to me, a far more interesting character.


Agatha Harkness wasn't a villain in the comics, and Magneto is Wanda's father not some random dude


True..I would be OK with that if it was in a good story..this wasnt.
it was lazy at best & just a trash effort....
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Underworld,Resident Evil & Constantine..
Im unfamiliar with the source material
But the movies are ALL fun & good .. to me...

I tried to suffer thru the more lore friendly Constantine TV show ...but it well & truly Sucked Ass..!!

By comparison Keanu's Constantine is by far his best movie..I say
Speed was good ...
the Matrix was a great idea that shoulda been a lot
more compelling than it was...

Dark City was way better ..I think....of course it did have Jen Con...Yum......but it also had Queefer Sutherland in a Cringey performance in a cringey part..


In fact the ONLY thing I like @ Queefer is calling him Queefer..LoL
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
In fact the peeps runnin Marvel must be gay..
Bcoz they have no idea what to do when it comes to females.. LoL

Lets take Scarlett for example....
She knocks it outta the park in almost everything she is in....

Yet look how little screen time she has gotten in the Marvel universe..Damn Faoggots.. Smile

Stop kissin that Popcorn toothed idiot Mark Ruffalo's butt, willya..?

He comes off as barely smart enuff to play a brain damaged janitor..

Tom Hollow-land is NOT up to playing Spiderman/Pete Parker.....could you NOT get someone good...really..?

Or Do you just NOT understand Spider-man..?
At All..?

I wont even mention Andrew Garfagg's...
"they shoulda made Spiderman gay"..bullshit

JESUS FUCK !!!! Talk about NOT understanding the character...
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ok...back to WandaVision...
Im lukewarm about E Olsen & Tom Cruise.....
they are both adequate in all their stuff..
But Im never happy to see them....

Im gonna talk about female 'Magic'....
possibly the most magical human to ever exist is ...
Emma Watson...no?
I was enchanted with her the 1st time I saw her in HP.....
she has lost none of it..
Id bet she will still be awesome when she is 70...
In Fact Im pretty sure she is Hermione
PRETENDing to be Emma Watson...

Others are Natalie Portman, S Jo,Rachel Weisz,
J Law, K Stew Jen Con...all magically feminine to me...

E Olsen.....just seems like..ummm stale donuts?....flat soda-pop?

Comic book heroes are larger than life.....
EO seems ....ehhhh smaller{?}.... than life..?
She comes off as very bland.....to me...
in personality,looks...talent...

I wish they had found someone Better to play SW...
also an interesting story-line sure woulda helped out too.
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ok.. Yeah.. So I cant wait to hear your 1 sentence reply..


It hadda Marvel ending...... Big Grin
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
In fact the peeps runnin Marvel must be gay..
Bcoz they have no idea what to do when it comes to females.. LoL

Lets take Scarlett for example....
She knocks it outta the park in almost everything she is in....

Yet look how little screen time she has gotten in the Marvel universe..Damn Faoggots.. Smile

Stop kissin that Popcorn toothed idiot Mark Ruffalo's butt, willya..?

He comes off as barely smart enuff to play a brain damaged janitor..

Tom Hollow-land is NOT up to playing Spiderman/Pete Parker.....could you NOT get someone good...really..?

Or Do you just NOT understand Spider-man..?
At All..?

I wont even mention Andrew Garfagg's...
"they shoulda made Spiderman gay"..bullshit

JESUS FUCK !!!! Talk about NOT understanding the character...


huh? Wanda got her own show, more than Ruffalo has had as the Hulk
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Ok...back to WandaVision...
Im lukewarm about E Olsen & Tom Cruise.....
they are both adequate in all their stuff..
But Im never happy to see them....

Im gonna talk about female 'Magic'....
possibly the most magical human to ever exist is ...
Emma Watson...no?
I was enchanted with her the 1st time I saw her in HP.....
she has lost none of it..
Id bet she will still be awesome when she is 70...
In Fact Im pretty sure she is Hermione
PRETENDing to be Emma Watson...

Others are Natalie Portman, S Jo,Rachel Weisz,
J Law, K Stew Jen Con...all magically feminine to me...

E Olsen.....just seems like..ummm stale donuts?....flat soda-pop?

Comic book heroes are larger than life.....
EO seems ....ehhhh smaller{?}.... than life..?
She comes off as very bland.....to me...
in personality,looks...talent...

I wish they had found someone Better to play SW...
also an interesting story-line sure woulda helped out too.


typical BrucE rant
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Ok.. Yeah.. So I cant wait to hear your 1 sentence reply..


It hadda Marvel ending...... Big Grin


typical BrucE rant
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
In fact the peeps runnin Marvel must be gay..
Bcoz they have no idea what to do when it comes to females.. LoL

Lets take Scarlett for example....
She knocks it outta the park in almost everything she is in....

Yet look how little screen time she has gotten in the Marvel universe..Damn Faggots.. Smile


huh? Wanda got her own show, more than Ruffalo has had as the Hulk


I Meant S Johanssen I shoulda been more clear..
BW has been there since Iron Man 2....
she is practically the invisible woman in Marvel cinema.
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

typical BrucE rant


HAha..I was thinkin more along the lines of a discussion....


Razz
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Watched the first ep of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Its was ok. Typical Marvel beginning.

Not sure where they're going with this or why they pursue 3rd tier characters

i'd like to see series on Spider-Gwen, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and the Silver Surfer. Or maybe a Marvel Team-Up... they could have Doc Strange & the Invisible Woman, or Cyclops & Elektra.
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Started watching the Daredevil tv show.

It looks pretty good, much better than that crappy movie they put out years ago.
Typical Fox screw-up
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
Falcon & Winter Soldier better than WandsVision.

But they need Black Widow in it or introduce Mockingbird or Black Cat or Silver Sable

Still watching Daredevil.
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Watched the first ep of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Its was ok. Typical Marvel beginning.
True dat...

Not sure where they're going with this or why they pursue 3rd tier characters
I was just thinkin this...
its almost like they develop something for a bit & decide its not good enuff to do a movie so they switch over to a drab TV show


i'd like to see series on Spider-Gwen, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and the Silver Surfer. Or maybe a Marvel Team-Up... they could have Doc Strange & the Invisible Woman, or Cyclops & Elektra.

OK to alla the women & Silver Surfer......Im not into team ups really..
They got the Fantasic Four for that.
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scrolling Along
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Falcon & Winter Soldier better than WandsVision.


Are you sure..? LoL

Ive seen 3 eps now.....thats over 2 hours of....nuthin....
Well its not that nuthin happened its
more like who cares..?
 
Posts: 3822 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Falcon & Winter Soldier better than WandsVision.


Are you sure..? LoL

Ive seen 3 eps now.....thats over 2 hours of....nuthin....
Well its not that nuthin happened its
more like who cares..?


Um, yeah! Nothing much happened in W/V. They could've made an hour movie from it. All that did happen was Wanda's illusion & announcing her as Scarlet Witch, which, um, she already is.

in F&WS you got people stealing the super soldier serum, blowing up people, freeing Zemo,
Sharon Carter, the Black Panther's girlfriend,
that crappy new Cap America, much much better than several W/V eps imitating 50s-90s boring sitcoms that could've been summarized in 2 minutes, ha ha.

None of these Disney tv shows = caring. It's just a hold over until the movies come out.

Even W/V is better than Wonder Woman 84. i'll give it that
 
Posts: 11518 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
 

Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Warrior Women  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    New TV Season- What to Watch?????

© YourCopy 2002