Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    LOST! *Spoilers!*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LOST! *Spoilers!*
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
2 Hour season Finale tomorrow...!!

Wednesday 8-10PM

just a reminder Smile

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
GADS!! Its Over!!
What a Rip-off NOTHING is resolved ..Naturally..!!!

Damn Its just too much like Real Life, aint it...????

Big Grin

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
That guy in the beginning was really annoying. I was so glad when he blew up!

So I'm wondering if Ethan was trying to get Rousseau's baby back for her, or if he part of, "the others". Not surprisingly, Claire said nothing about what she remembered.

So Charlie hooked up with Mary Jane again. Rock stars get all the perks! Roll Eyes

Lostzilla is starting to remind me of that movie Wild Wild West with Kevin Kline and Will Smith. Maybe Arlis Loveless is behind this. evil

Poor Walt. He would have stood a chance if he'd stayed on the island with the scary hatch. Too bad he didn't foresee that.

I knew they weren't going to show anything of consequence concerning the hatch. Ooooh the ladder's broken. Who cares! Bunch of teases!

Next season should be called Lost:The Explanation. It should be interesting to see how Jin and Gilligan get saved.

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
that's Dr. Gilligan, thank you!
heh

gotta love a good ol' season-ending cliff hanger. or three...though i'm starting to wonder if the writers even know what's going to happen.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mercury in retrograde:
that's Dr. Gilligan, thank you!
heh

LOL! He didn't spend all those years in Gilligan medical school to be called Mr., thank you very much! Wink

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Love me a cliff hanger but wow those were some loose ends!
The only real mystery solved was the mystery of what Claire named her baby.
Anyone else think that the noise made when Lostzilla grabbed Locke and was dragging him sounded a lot like one of those metal drain snakes that plumbers use? No? Just me, huh? At that point all I could think was "oh good god, it's the Iron Giant after all!". Roll Eyes

Brilliant.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:

The only real mystery solved was the mystery of what Claire named her baby.

really? so is it Erin or Aaron?

on the subject of names, i want to go to the website and look at the full names of all the characters. i think there are clues there. maybe it's just the John Locke thing...but i think the names may mean something.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
on the subject of names, i want to go to the website and look at the full names of all the characters. i think there are clues there. maybe it's just the John Locke thing...but i think the names may mean something.

Yeah! I saw somewhere that the name Aaron has to do with Exodus which was the title of the finale. I'm going to try to find it again.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
wasn't Aaron Moses's son? that would make sense, Exodus-wise...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
just looked it up...Moses's brother. i need to brush up on my Old Testament.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
"Ethan Rom" is an anagram for "Other Man." Ethan also means "gift of the island." Hmmmmm

Did anyone notice that when Hurley was in the airport trying to make the plane, those girls he passed by in soccer uniforms each had one of the lottery numbers on her shirt?

There are supposedly a bunch of easter eggs in the finale.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
WoW
you guys put alotta effort & thought into this dontcha..??
I just sit there slack jawed like a mouth-breathin Neanderthal takin it all in.....

Big Grin

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiana:
"Ethan Rom" is an anagram for "Other Man." Ethan also means "gift of the island." Hmmmmm

yeah. i feel like the exploded science teacher's name is probably an anagram too...haven't had time to play with any of it yet tho...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i knew with a little looking i'd find that someone else did all the hard work...from The Lost Forum:

Character's ties to real people..
Using Wikipedia as my main source of knowledge I found out about a couple of semi famous real people who shared the character's names. It might not have much relevance but it's fun anways. I left out John Locke cause I'm pretty sure everyone knows about him by now.

Jack Sheppard (sp) (1702-16 November 1724) was a notorious English robber, burglar and thief of early 18th century London. He was as renowned for his crimes as he was for various attempts to escape justice. His repeated arrests were part of the downfall of the notorious "Thief Taker General" (and thief), Jonathan Wild.

Kate Ryan (b. July 22, 1980) is a Belgian singer/songwriter who gained international prominence with a cover of Mylène Farmer's "Desenchantee," Her latest album, Stronger, was released in 2004 and was her first album released in the United States.

Hugo Reyes (Hurley) is a games developer. There is a Jorge Reyes who is a Columbian musician.

J-Kwon (Jin) is a rapper (hehe) who had the hit single tipsy last year.

Homer St. Clair Pace (born April 13, 1879, died 1942) was one of the founders of Pace University along with his brother Charles Ashford Pace. He was born in born in Rehoboth, Ohio.

Walt Lloyd is a cinematographer worked on such films as Spanglish, The Perfect Storm.

Michael Dawson is a soccer player over here plays for Tottenham.

The famous explorer Daniel Boone's last resting place was Carlisle. He claimed he once killed a Yahoo, a hairy giant.

Jean Jacques Rousseau (Danielle the crazy French lady) (June 28, 1712 – July 2, 1778) was a Swiss-French philosopher, writer, political theorist, and self-taught composer of The Age of Enlightenment. His theories are set against those of John Locke, the philosopher.

still more work to do but this is somewhat enlightening anyway...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiana:

found this on that:
"Rom" is the singular term for a member of the Roma people, also known as "Gypsies".

lots of interesting analysis of Lost out there...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
i feel like the exploded science teacher's name is probably an anagram too...haven't had time to play with any of it yet tho...

I bet you're right, they certainly kept making a big deal out of his name. I read that there is nothing random going on in the show even if it seems random.

I wonder what the relevance is of Watership Down, and also, what the deal is with the eye shots. What does it mean to those who have had eyeshots and those who haven't? And how strange that the baby should get one so early and quickly.

There's also some book called "Ethan Frome."

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yeah...Ethan Frome is all about repressed forbidden love and running away togethr to kill themselves. imagine a Harlequin Romance written by a Puritan...

as far as Watership Down goes...well...they are rather like little bunnies running from potential doom, aren't they...? heh.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
This is so funny!

Also, there's this Oceanic Air Website, under travellers if you enter Hurley's numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) It takes you to a seating chart. If you click those numbers from there, they show you a little "season 2 preview" which isn't spoilery but sounds like a hint. Also if you go down and hit one seat for every row green seats light up that do stuff too. I think there are other things I haven't figured out yet too.

There's also a mock Drive Shaft website.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
They ran the pilot ep again...
It was good to re-see it...
Iwas afraid the show would lose some of its interest being that Roll Eyes SOOOoo much has been revealed, ya know..???

It might be even better now thatI know more about the Characters.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I can't wait til this fall to see what's down in that damn hatch! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
They ran the pilot ep again...
It was good to re-see it...
Iwas afraid the show would lose some of its interest being that Roll Eyes SOOOoo much has been revealed, ya know..???

It might be even better now thatI know more about the Characters.

Yeah, I find I'm watching it a little differently the second time around. It's still enjoyable. Although, it's a bit different to see Boone, knowing his fate.

I watched the finale again and noticed that some of those numbers appeared in Hurley's car, and a few other places. Almost every number that passes or is mentioned is one of those numbers.

I'm interested to see what the significance is of all those clues for next season about it being flight 777 and not flight 815.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
as far as Watership Down goes...well...they are rather like little bunnies running from potential doom, aren't they...? heh.

I've been thinking that the Watership Down parallels are pretty significant for some time now. The book, on the surface, is the story of a group of rabbits who are forced from their home by real estate development. They are forced to create a new society in their warren.

In the book, there is a character named Fiver (a bunny, of course- they're all bunnies) that has a gift. He's a young rabbit that has premonitions and can forsee danger in the warren. Just like Walt.

A group of the rabbits decide to venture out and leave the island...errr.. warren. Wink They are led by Fiver's big brother. Like Michael led the raft adventure. Interstingly, all of the rabbits who leave to make their own new society are male and they realize that the society will not last without female rabbits to mate with. Hmmm... shades of Lost season 2??

Anyway, it goes on from there with other similarities to some of the Lost subplots and characters.

- There is a rabbit who is an expert tracker like Locke.

-There is a debate among the characers as to whether moving the warren is better than staying put. Seen on Lost first in the beach vs caves debate then in the raft vs wait for rescue debate.

- The book is told from the point of view of different rabbits at different times.

-And of course there is the obvious - hatch=rabbit hole.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I need to get a life.
Big Grin

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
It seems clear the writers have had a lot of fun with forms for "Lost." I wonder if in the end it will appear that they have invented something new.

It comes across to me as a modern day "Lord of the Flies" meets "Waiting for Godot." There is really no point. They are just there. Lost. And since people are watching, they might as well stay there.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Yeah, yeah, I know. I need to get a life.
Big Grin

Oh, you better not! Wink

I hadn't read Watership Down. Those are some very interesting parallels! I read the cliffs notes online. Wow, that could potentially mean a whole bunch of things. Cool!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Umm Hay
not to change the subject or anything Smile ....but..
Is it me or does everyone look Obviously younger in the first eps than they did in the finale....

How much time did they take making this thing anyways..??

If it was one actor in a shot or 2 I could think maybe its the angle or the lighting orjust me.