Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 85

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
OOOoooOOOO Gil Scott-Heron's "I'm New Here" is amazing. Me likey much.

Also been diggin the Daniel Fred & Julie cd as i really dig Julie Doiron. Great stuffage.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
getting a bit into Xavier Rudd.

he's sings about the enviroment sorta stuff, but some of it's catchy Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listening to the new She & Him "Volume 2" cd this week. Love dat Zooey. Maybe i'll put her pic in the sig next.

Rights now i'm a-listenin to "Albatross" by the Besnard Lakes. Good stuffage on a local label.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
I've got the Animaniacs' "Ballad of Magellan" in Russian stuck in my head.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Speaking of Russians, i been listening to 4 cds lately from a Russian surf instrumental band called Messer Chups. They inject dialogue from '30s-'50s horror & sci-fi flicks in their music. Really whacked stuff but i loves it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This weekend: mono Beatles cds; soundtrack to "An Education"; the Crusaders of Love (garage rock); dubstep compilation; surf instrumental collection; more garage rock and power pop. Lotta good new music & reissues comin out now.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listening to some jazz lately. Ornette Coleman,Dizzy Gillespie, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Sun Ra, among others.

Also diggin back into brit pop of the '90s, like Suede, Blur, Dodgy, etc.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
OOooo love the new Grinderman album. Nick Cave is one weirded dude but cool.

You Aussies you, do ya'll know CW Stoneking? He has an album out called Jungle Blues which sounds like Louis Armstrong/Leon Redbone Dixieland brass blues band & New Orleans swampy hoodoo stuff. Excellent stuff.

i probably gonna pick up the mono Dylan stuff. i ain't got his early stuff on cd so that box set looks pretty cool.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Was listening to the Secret Sisters today. They sings country folk, not too bad, though too many cover songs on the album.

The Fresh & Only are a great garage rock band with a punk attitude. i bought their latest album which is awesome & now gonna dig into their older stuff.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rights now i'm listening to Sonic Youth's "(I Got A) Catholic Block". Love them Sonic Youth.

i picked up the Springsteen "Darkness" box set & played it this week. i'm hopin to start on the Aretha Franklin box set i picked up used recently.

Hey Nora, ya out there? New White Stripes album comin next year! yee haw!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i been listening to a lot of new surf instrumental cds lately. New stuff from Blazing Surfboards, El Ray, the Anacondas, the Astroglides, the Retroliners and currently, the Bay of Pigs. Love that reverb sound!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sister, Do You Know My Name?" by them White Stripes who broke up the other day. Frown

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Dolly Parton

don't know.. just started listening to her more lately

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Now listening to the new album from the Secret Samurai, "Zanshin". Surf instrumental!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Most lately been listening to Tuneyards, PJ Harvey (old & new stuff), the Fleet Foxes, Adele, the Afro-funk sounds of both Femi and Sean Kuti (separate albums), a buncha surf instrumentals, and mixtapes from Insound magazine.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been grrovin' to music from Tuneyards, Adele, Paul Butterfield, Little Dragon, Yes (new & old stuff), Barclay James Harvest, Amon Tobin and of course, surf instrumental

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listenin to some jazz on this Sunday morning. John Coltrane, Alice Coltrane, Archie Shepp, Ahmad Jamal, John Klemmer, Chico Hamilton - good ol' Impulse jazz.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Surf instrumental! And lots of it! Smile

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
More surf, Nite Jewel, Springsteen, the Decemberists, Scuba, Lera Lynn and lotsa electronic and African music. Smile

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I love the Decemberists Big Grin

Jess has been playing 'I was meant for the stage'

Jess also is liking Ed Sheeran atm too

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
oh and also, Angus and Julia Stone

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Right now i'm listenin to a Spanish podcast of some surf instrumental music. Lately been jammin to the Japandroids, Frank Zappa, Rumer, Konkoma, Roy Head, Nate Gibson, Deep Time and some early '60s jazz by a various artists.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listenin lately to the new Dylan cd, Flying Lotus, Catherine Irwin (of Freakwater), Edgar Summertyme, the Replacements, new ZZ Top, Bettye Lavette, funk/psych/soul from pre-revolution Iran, lotsa electronic & surf instrumentals, Ty Segal, and the Dum Dum Girls.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listenin to the new Holly Golightly as i types this. It's pretty good.

Not quite sure bout the new Bat For Lashes. Like the stripped down sound on some songs but her songwriting isn't quite up to par.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Now playing is the deluxe edition of Eric Clapton's "Slowhand" album.