Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    What songs are playing on your jukebox?
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What songs are playing on your jukebox?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i listened to the new album from the Cleaners From Venus today.

It reminds me of the Kinks a little bit, maybe a mix of them and the Smithereens, kinda baroque-psych pop.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to the Flower Kings new album, "Islands"

They're prog rock like Yes and sound like Yes at times

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Dirty Streets

A bluesy rock band just releasing their first album.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rob Mazurek & the Exploding Star Orchestra

They're electronic/jazz/funk band, mostly instrumental with some spoken word vocals.

Cool stuff

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Elton John single i tired of most was Crocodile Rock.

Larkin Poe- two hot chick sisters singing rock & blues rock- do a fantastic stripped down cover

Larkin Poe Crocodile Rock

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I like their cover xc, especially the guitar lying down on her knees like that. I'd love to play a guitar like that someday.
THIS song and video by Nightwish(Greatest Show on Earth) is an amazing mind trip imo. I wish I could see it in 3D. Whoever made the video really did a stellar job.
Nightwish--Greatest Show on Earth

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:
I like their cover xc, especially the guitar lying down on her knees like that. I'd love to play a guitar like that someday.
THIS song and video by Nightwish(Greatest Show on Earth) is an amazing mind trip imo. I wish I could see it in 3D. Whoever made the video really did a stellar job.
Nightwish--Greatest Show on Earth

Megan plays a mean slide guitar and Rebecca... oooh what a voice that babe has. They're great songwriters, too.

Nighwish songs was really good. Kinda prog/metal with influence from Radiohead, Queen, good stuff

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to some jazz from the Sudan.

Some times i get in the mood for jazz, like now.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
listening to something old, old like BrucE, ha ha.

An Iron Butterfly box set, stuffage i hadn't heard in ages

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xenacrazed:

Larkin Poe- two hot chick sisters singing rock & blues rock- do a fantastic stripped down cover
---------------------------------------------------

Yes...quite enjoyable..really Liked "War Pigs" & "COCAINE"..... Smile

"One Way Out" Took on some delicious Lesbian overtones with the original lyrics.."Sounds of Silence" No men could ever match those voices...

I just said the other day that I WAY prefer women's voices to men's but they rarely sing my kinda music...these 2 do...

I have never been a fan of Elton John...Only really like " Benny & the Jets"

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Larkin Poe are amazing, i'd marry both of them!

More xc wives for the harem!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Lake Street Dive

Soulful rock. Their new album is pretty good, I imagine it'll be all over FM radio

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
listening to something old, old like BrucE, ha ha.

An Iron Butterfly box set, stuffage i hadn't heard in ages

Yeah that is old...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Valerie June's new album

Her voice is still odd but i like it. Her music does take some getting used to but it grows on me, a good growing

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to some wild rockabilly from the 1950s.

To think this stuff was out there back then and never made the radio.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Been listening to first time issued copies of the Hypnosonics, an early 90s band featuring Mark Sandman who went on to form Morphine, but died in the early 00's. Great stuff, more rocking stuff than his later music.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ghalia Volt

Oooo just love this babe. Girls with guitars singing the blues. Mmm hmm.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Crack The Sky

Old group with new album. Kinda prog.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listening to an album by Groovy Uncle & Suzi Chunk on Bandcamp.

Sunshine pop!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ghalia Volt is pretty amazing....

Crack the sky really isnt my cuppa tea...

Soooo.. this is my contribution...Its not the song so much but the Young Ladies that
REALLY know how to wear a War Bonnet.... Wink

Leo Rojas - El Condor Pasa

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Ghalia Volt is pretty amazing....

Crack the sky really isnt my cuppa tea...

Soooo.. this is my contribution...Its not the song so much but the Young Ladies that
REALLY know how to wear a War Bonnet.... Wink

Leo Rojas - El Condor Pasa

Yeah, she is hot.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, she is hot.

I think you NEED to rewatch I see at least 3 different beauties..maybe 4.

Took me a 2nd watch to realize that THERE IS NO CONDOR in it they keep showing bald eagles..LoL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
quote:

Yeah, she is hot.

I think you NEED to rewatch I see at least 3 different beauties..maybe 4.

Took me a 2nd watch to realize that THERE IS NO CONDOR in it they keep showing bald eagles..LoL

Whatever. THEY are hot.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Surf instrumental.

Frankie & the Pool Boys

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Listened to samples from Billie Ellish's new album.

Figured i'd see what she sounds like.

Okay, it's AM pop but God help me... i like it!