Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    *SPOILER ALERT* Harry Potter & HBP *SPOILER ALERT*
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
*SPOILER ALERT* Harry Potter & HBP *SPOILER ALERT*
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Well I've finished the book now. I felt sick afterwards Frown Poor Dumbly-dore Frown I had teary eyes after reading that. I was worried about Hermione, too, when Harry was chasing after Snape and she hadn't been mentioned among the people fighting.

Like Jubs said, I found it really sad when Hagrid was carrying his Dumbledore's body down the aisle. Just thinking of Dumbledore in his arms.. Frown

I hope Hogwarts does remain open and that McGonagall is the official Headmistress, not having the ministry appoint someone else or something like that.

I also had a rush of appreciation for Neville and Luna like Harry did. I just really like Luna, heh. The things she says Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Luna rocks. I am so glad she did the commentary for that Quidditch game. That was just...magic.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i keep thinkin about those things she was talking about on the train, wrackspurts, "they fly in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy." i must have a whole family bussing around my head all the time Razz

~note: "bussing" instead of buzzing - proof!

--------------------------------------

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
harry looked at the date on the potions book and finally realized it couln't have been his father's or one of his father's friends' book

snape was in school the same time as harry's dad
did snape buy a used text book?

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<wp9>
posted
I was thinkin the same thing, tam...

He probably did...orrrr maybe it was his mother's?Razz

Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
well i think it might have been the school's book, because why would he leave it there otherwise? not that i thought of that until you mentioned it Razz

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i'm assuming it's a used book. or, it was his mother's. i don't believe that the books change that dramatically from year to year, or at all for that matter. i believe it was his mother's book, handed down to him. and i assume that he would have used that book during his first year of teaching potions, like something to refer back to and refresh his memory. make sense?

~b

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bailey,

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
all of those ideas make sense.. i just wish she'd explained it in the book
ah well, maybe next time

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
question.....

is there anyone else on the board that is reading that has not finished? i'm just wondering if we can run rampant with our signatures yet. any ideas?

~b

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
ok, here's another thought. i know, i'm a bit obsessed.

how long did it take for harry to be released from dumbledore's spell? here's my thought process. it's said that you have to have real hatred for someone to perform an unforgivable curse. what if snape didn't hate dumbledore and his spell was only powerful enough to knock dumbledore over the wall of the tower. if harry wasn't released immediately, then that would mean that dumbledore didn't really die until he hit the ground under the tower. i'm still holding that this was a plan between snape and dumbledore. dumbledore could have easily accio'ed his wand or done something, but he didn't. also, snape and dumbledore are both very good at occulemency and legitemancy. they could have spoke for a second after dumbledore said snape's name. just ideas.

i'm clinging to hope.

check out potterpuffs, they are the cutest things i've ever seen. Smile
potterpuffs

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Hee, those are adorable Big Grin

I love the Dumbledore ones, he's so cute ^_^

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
I just finished it a couple days ago.

Snape was one of those characters I loved to hate so it doesn't suprise me.

I thought all the couples were irritating. Waaay too many couples (shaddap, Phlegm, I mean, ferme la bouche, Fleur).

Hee, Powderpuff Snape? (giggles)

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i think heitie's still reading it and nora mentioned something about not wanting to be spoiled. i'd hold off on revealing signatures for a while.

re couple suckage...well, you all know what i think...

GO TO HELL TONKS YOU SHAMELESS *****!!!Mad

sorry..sorry...

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
IMPORTANT REVELATION!
UK Edition Missing Important Text!

lookit what salem found (under 2.let's all play dead together):
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/dumbledoreclues.html

wery intersting, no? one wonders what other things you guys got and we didn't...maybe an explanation for why tonks is such a ...

<australian profanities>

also, that potter puff's hair changing makes my computer go screwy. GOD is there any awful thing she WON'T do??

it is kind of cute though...i guess...*sulks*

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Well, *we* found it interesting at least.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I finished the book quite a while ago. I thought it was amazing. I kinda thought that she might kill Dumbledore although I kept yelling at him in my mind, "Get up! Wake up! You aren't really dead!" My mind keeps wanting to believe that it was all an act. I want snape to be good. Snape is definately one of my favorite charaters. I kinda had a hard time getting into the Harry/Ginny thing but it slowly grew on me. She had me at the kiss after the game. I loved the private lessons and watching Dubledore and Harry interact with each other. I have to say my favorite part of the book though is the night when Harry drank the luck potion and tells Slughorn that he is the chosen one. Very powerful for me.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Meant to reply to that post maddie but kept getting interrupted, been hectic around here. But that was fascinating...i do hope they're right! Especially the part about him flying off the tower i mean how many people do that with avada kadavra? Not many.Razz God, she leaves all these possibilities open, the more i think of it the more i'm like, hmmm...maybe Dumbledore WILL turn up in book 7 and snape will have been good all along...one can only hope.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finally finished it awhile back. In book 7, me thinks Dumbledore the White will emerge, Harry
will toss the horcruxes into Mt.Doom, and the Ents will be ticked cuz someone is using them to make Quidditch brooms.

I did tire of the relationships in book 6. Too much relationships. Did like the backstory on Tom Riddle. More Luna, i like Luna!

Don't know if Dumbledore is still alive, though i'd bet on more alive than dead. The ending didn't ring true in that it would be that easy to kill him, regardless of that potion he drank, whatever it was.

Ugh, is it just me or is the wizard world government strangely ineffective?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
i like Luna too, and seeing the backstory on Riddle.

Now if i could just get a bit more backstory on harry's parents i'll be happy, like the things they did to thwart voldemorte thrice wasn;t it (to be the prophecy kid)

i really thought she'd look a lilttle bit more into the prophecy this book, maybe have harry tell neville he coulda been the chosen one.

and i loved the private lessons too

stupid little malfoy

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ame:
stupid little malfoy

*growls like a wolf protecting it's pup...*

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ugh, is it just me or is the wizard world government strangely ineffective?

Not just you.Smile

I need to reread book 6 i think....it may just be time.Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*laughs* I finally finished the new book. So yes, if there's anyone you wanna get at, get at me...'cause it took me forever to finish it apparently. Wink

But now that I have...

MAN!

I'm still processing... Razz

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. It's a lot to process....Razz

I just FINALLY reread the damn thing after burying it for several months( I was sooo mad...am I the only one that was pissed off at the end? I think I was...lol oh well...RazzBig Grin) But seriously, a lot of open ended questions when i finally sat down and thought about them...Madogis and I went nuts speculating on the possibility of Snape being in Polyjuice disguise as Dumbledore(having warned the REAL Dumbledore who is in hiding)..."It wasn't the ring...it was the UNBREAKABLE VOW that made my hand all gooey!"Razz

Lol, I am wishing....

As for who was the actual Snape? My money is on Bella or Narcissa. Call me nuts but hey... a girl can dream.Razz

~~Johnny Depp.