Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    This is my Box

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
This is my Box
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
This is my Box
by Kate Quinn, (c) 2005

My own place
no one can find
It took me years
To fix it all up

No it's not a prison
I can come and go
But this is my place
Where nobody knows

Silence me here
Wash me with water
Bathe me with fire
So I can grow young again

This is my Box
I hold in my heart
And when I die
It will fade away....

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Is this about your place/house? Like, this is my box where I can unapologetically be me? There's no place like home?

quote:
Silence me here
Wash me with water
Bathe me with fire
So I can grow young again

This part gives me a feeling that because of the comfort and ability to be who you are there, it is also where the most growth and transformation occurs. Like it's your cacoon! That makes you the butterfly!

"Silence me here" gives me the impression of being in a place where you are not in reaction to the rest of the world, but instead are more just you in action and choice.

I bet it would be cute if you framed this and put it up in your place somewhere!

Nice work, Kate! Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chiana! Actually the Box is kind of an inner House, if you will, inside my soul, a place i go where no one can see. But my house is also a reflection of me, a safe haven. So i guess it could be both.Smile

yeah you're right about the silence me here...i so don't need to react to the world when i'm in my quiet place. I think we all need that.

Anyway thanks for the reply! Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I love it even more!

It makes this part especially cool:

quote:
My own place
no one can find
It took me years
To fix it all up

Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That was very nice. A safe haven in your soul... Very beautiful. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:
Thanks, Chiana! Actually the Box is kind of an inner House, if you will, inside my soul, a place i go where no one can see. Smile

that's how i read it... Smile

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.Smile In times of stress especially, that is the best place to be!Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I like this one Kate. Smile

My "box" is a library, filled with books of my memories and dreams and hopes. It's got huge, comfy chairs, good lighting and tons of quiet. It sounds like your 'box' is much the same, a place to rejuvenate and rest. Always a good thing to have, as you've said. Smile

I like how you made this idea come to life. I always figured I was a bit off for having a 'library' in my head to retreat to. I'm a nerd that way. Wink But it's nice knowing others have it too.

Keep up the lovely work.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Sara!Smile

Yeah you're pretty dead on.Smile My box these days is just a quiet place in my head where there's no noise, not even any internet stuff. It's just quiet, and no one lives there but me and John, the only other one i'll let in. I know you know what that's like.Smile

Anyway take care, email or pm me sometime...I miss talking to you!Smile

Kate

~~Johnny Depp.