Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    The Gold is Real

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Gold is Real
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
Scared and flailing
Running, hiding
Yes the gold is real.

No it will not disappear
Fade away as the "magic dies"
Honey the gold is real.

He may look like a leprechaun
A figment from your fairy tales
And no you never had a chance
To have a fairy tale come true....

Until now.
Don't run, don't cast it down.
Don't do what I almost did.

Go on, try it
Pick up a coin.
Darling, the gold is real.
As real as it can feel.
As real as he can feel.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
oooh. i realy like this one, too. at least the muse is being generous to some of us!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks zoom.Smile I was just gonna reply and say no yours does not belong in the terrible poetry thread lol...but i'll do that now.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Kate,

I love this one! Smile

Yes, the gold is real...that can mean so many things but I'm taking it to a personal place tonight, hehe. I just love this one, the imagery, the gold, the leprechaun, all of it. Great one, babe!

~Keri

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks keri!Smile

Yeah, I totally hear ya babe...rock on!Big Grin

Yeah it's about my friend, who is kinda unsure of some things in her life....how often does that happen to all of us as human beings lol.

Anyway thanks! Take care, come chat to me when ya can.Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I like this! It reminds me of self sabotage.

Don't do what I almost did.

That part reminds me of me telling my sister similar things I wish I'd known at the time. Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
thanks Chiana! Yes it's all about that self sabotage thing...gads i did that for so many years! I still find myself teling my sister things even now...and my friends, and they still tell ME things!

Ongoing lesson.Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
This poem sounds like two women - one giving the other advice not to f*** things up by questioning her happiness.

I think the gold is the man one woman has found, who she really loves.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Exactly, Argy that's what it is. Smile

The gold is the man, for sure...sometimes we spend so many years attracting the wrong men we just don't trust it when we finally find this awesome guy. It's like, "where's the warts? They're there somewhere, the filandering, something will show...ehhh better not stick around to find out!"

Yes the other woman is trying to tell her to take a chance....will she take it? who knows.Big Grin

anyway thanks for the reply!Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i can no longer stifle the urge to say that i found this poem magically delicious.

there. that felt good. heh. thank you for your indulgence...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO!
Thank you Zoom.Smile now you just made ME hungry for lucky charms which i haven't had in over a year, lol.
Maybe monday i'll treat myself to a nice box of orange stars, green moons, blue diamonds...rotfl I think I even forget what all them colors are oh well.RazzBig Grin

~~Johnny Depp.