Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    Fiction and Poetry Virgin

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fiction and Poetry Virgin
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
I've always thought that I sould not be allowed to critique others unless I give up some of my own work. So here it is for your viewing pleasure (or pain).

do not stir
do not wake
there's sleep to catch
and dreams to take

with every flutter of the eye
beyond this realm
we are sure to fly

to soar above the wild flowers
to dance with fairies
spinning for hours

Join me in this magic place
where dragons fly
and mermaids race

Beyond this world of pain and harm
While I'm asleep
wrapped in your arms.

*terahc*

Granted this is not one of my most in depth pieces but I did write it in like 15min at like 2:30 in the morning....hope you guys like it. Smile

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Wow if I knew all I was going to hear was the sound of crickets I would have put it straight into the bad poetry thread...lolol Razz

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of "listeing to crickets" in the writing and posting world XF3! If you can't take the silence get out of the kitchen! Big Grin

No really, Roll Eyes people here are mostly good about responding. I don't think this piece is BPT worthy.

I like this part:

"Join me in this magic place
where dragons fly
and mermaids race"

It's a nice twist. I could see the dragon's flying, really Wink

Please continue to post and to reply to others. As you can see it is a lift to get as least one person to make a noise when you've take the trouble to put something out there.

e-ek e-ek e-ek

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
It's lovely writing, Xenafairy. I like the simplicity of the language. It's sweet, I actually hear a song written that Loreena Mckennit would sing perhaps. Do you listen to her? I like this the best I think:

do not stir
do not wake
there's sleep to catch
and dreams to take

and the last stanza:

Beyond this world of pain and harm
While I'm asleep
wrapped in your arms.

I miss my Mystic Dreams tape.Frown A friend lent it to me and I never got it back...

Anyway do keep writing. I've found the more I stick to it the better I feel about what I do whether people reply or not. I've noticed a lot of silent appreciaters lurk here as well as verbal ones.Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement you two....I appreciate it and will take it to heart...and yes I loooovvvee Loreena McKennit....she's amazing. When I was living with my dad and stepmom...she had the CD Book of Shadows and I miss it so much that I've been looking for it everywhere....next stop is on- line.

My Space