Somehow
I need to reach
Some way out
Some fresh air

Somehow
I need your voice
Yes that's it
Please sing to me.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Kate,

I must say...this poem in particular just really...I don't know, it's almost like it's a step above some of your others. I *felt* it, I guess is what I'm saying. I felt it when I first read it a week ago, I feel it now.

I can't even describe why. It's just...it just is. Smile

~Keri

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks sweetie, that means a lot!Smile I guess I felt it too a lot more than some others I wrote...i think i'd gotten into the habit of just dashing off something from whatever my mood was at the time...so i kind of pulled back from poetry a bit and just kind of experienced whatever was going on with me...i guess this kind of came from all that sitting with stuff...just kind of observing and then finally I found the words I wanted to say--if that makes sense.Smile

Anyway thanks so much hon! Talk soon
Kate

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Hi Kate!

So far, your poetry reminds me of me. I am that self involved. I used to have these nightmares and sometimes I would remember that this wasn't my life and then I'd start searching for my husband as the exit from the nightmare. This reminds me of that. Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chiana...yeah that's pretty much what it is, me searching for John to sing me out of my head...sometimes we need to step out of our own head. And the nightmares are not our lives as you say. THanks for the reminder.Smile

~~Johnny Depp.