Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    Interwoven Thoughts

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Interwoven Thoughts
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted
If I were a ball of yarn
I would surely be blue
Twists of cashmere
Spun into string
To become easier to work with
I wonder if cashmere
Starts as a ball
Amounting to more
Once it has unraveled
Or if it frays more
Hanging delicate on a hanger
Waiting for that special occasion
That never comes
Spending quiet nights
Hiding from avid moths
Who leave hungry holes
No one has seen a yarn ball
Turned into fragmented morsels
Then again
No one takes a yarn ball
Out for a night under the stars

mons

"I never understood the whole 'no cruel and unusual' punishment thing. If it's not cruel and unusual, it' not punishment." - PFJ

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ooh--nice fresh metaphor to express the ol' "nothing ventured, nothing gained" axiom. i like it.

my fave part:
I wonder if cashmere
Starts as a ball
Amounting to more
Once it has unraveled

Or if it frays more
Hanging delicate on a hanger
Waiting for that special occasion
That never comes

here's to unraveling...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

It's not the Fates; it's not Ares; it's not something I ate; no, I have no poison dart marks; I have no Bacchae bites!

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<mons>
posted
Hey Crusader! Big Grin

Thanks for rolling in. Wink Well, i don't seem to have the balls -- of yarn that is Razz, to unravel. I'm at the same job, in the same school, in the same apartment i've been in for the last 6 and a half years. All of which were supposed to be "for now" arrangements, not "forever". Meanwhile i've seen tons of great people-friends-come and go on, to better things. I'm afraid of failing and seem to be content in my mediocrity. But, in settling for the mediocre, i'm failing in a different way, aren't i? I can't seem to get past where i am. But the time is coming cause i'm about to graduate and there are all sorts of changes happening at work. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE!!! Okay, i'm better. I'm sorry, that was more then you probably wanted to know. HA!

Thanks for dropping by zoom. Wink

mons

ps.. i think i'm screamin on the inside, and that picture you have of xena is perfect for illustrating how i feel.

Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Waiting for that special occasion that never comes.

I love that line!

Sounds like you're feeling like The Hanged Man in the tarot cards. Hopefully change will make it's way to you soon. I've been there. The waiting room of life has crappy magazines.

Nice poem. Wink

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
Crappy magazines in the waiting room of life, eh? Thanks for the tip, i'll bring my own reading material. Wink You know, i like that line too, cause -- take my sister for instance, she will say "oh, i don't want to wear that. Those are my good clothes, i'll wear 'em when we go out or something". It's not like they are sequined ball gowns, i tell her to wear them to work! She doesn't want to ruin them, BUT if you spend 70% of your time at work, whats the matter with looking a little extra special every now and then, right? Wear you're pretty stuff whenever you can, cause... well, you never know--you know? Someone once asked me, "why are you so dressed up?!" and i answered "cause it's saturday." Big Grin ha ha!

uhh.... *ahem*... blush Went on a tangent for a minute. Thanks for reading Chiana!

mons

*chanting: change is good change is good change is good change....*

"I never understood the whole 'no cruel and unusual' punishment thing. If it's not cruel and unusual, it' not punishment." - PFJ

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mons:
You know, i like that line too, cause -- take my sister for instance, she will say "oh, i don't want to wear that. Those are my good clothes, i'll wear 'em when we go out or something". It's not like they are sequined ball gowns, i tell her to wear them to work! She doesn't want to ruin them, BUT if you spend 70% of your time at work, whats the matter with looking a little extra special every now and then, right? Wear you're pretty stuff whenever you can, cause... well, you never know--you know? Someone once asked me, "why are you so dressed up?!" and i answered "cause it's saturday." _

I know what you mean, Mons! My mom used to have this room with nice things that no one was allowed to go into and it was barely ever used. I never understood that.

Some people totally get it though. I was working at one of those paint your own pottery stores, and these two older ladies came in dressed up with tiaras on. They decided they were going to have their own special day out. It was the cutest thing!

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
I never understood that kind of thinking either. My mom used to have that with couches! I told her the furniture doesn't know it's being appreciated unless you use it. ha! Have you ever read the kids book "The Velveteen Rabbit"--i think that's what it was called. Anyway, the stuffed rabbit was made real because he was loved so much by the little boy that had him. And they said you could tell he was loved because he was all used and beaten up. I live by that thought. Not mistreatment mind you, but ugliness through excessive love. hehe... my mom must have REALLY loved me. *lol* Wink

Yeah! That sounds so cool! I want to be an old lady like that. I went to the mall with my mom and sis and saw the brightest yellow and navy blue plaid shirt they nearly tore from my hands and burned! I said "you can't stop me forever! when i'm old and grey, i'm going to be the tackiest or best dressed chick around!!" sometimes i have pretty good taste in clothes. OOO-ther times, i can see something really "curious" and honestly think it's great! Luckily, the side of me with taste wins over. But, in old age, i think i will give in to the tackier side of me. she's fun. Wink

mons