New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Pedestal"
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
posted
Hey all. Smile Let's just say... a group of people sure seem to be putting me on a pedestal lately and I had to let this out somewhere. Thanks for reading. Smile

~Gabber
================

"Pedestal"

You've got it wrong
I'm not shining
I'm not flying above your eyes unseen

I never promised perfect
I never promised more than I could give
I'm only one person
Nowhere near God
I've fallen before I could even rise

You've got me all wrong
I'll let you down
Before you can even sing my praises

I'll always lay down when you pull me up
I'll always break down if I'm not allowed to cry
I can only be what I am
This is not the end of me

Wait for it... and be disappointed
Or let me go
No more of this pedestal.

---8/23/06 Copyright Keri S. (Gabber)

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I"m a little late in replying to this but this is really awesome, Keri. Beautiful wording. It reminds me a lot of how I feel most of the time. Especially this:

"I'll always lay down when you pull me up
I'll always break down if I'm not allowed to cry
I can only be what I am
This is not the end of me."

That is so me as a child and me now. Still in many ways not allowed to cry. Even if I'm my own taskmaster.

Anyway thanks for sharing that! Hope all is well.Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Geebus... I completely forgot about this poem. Geez I can be really emo when I want to be. Razz

And to think this was written because of WoW. I canceled that game recently and I had major withdrawal the first day...but now I don't really miss it. It's nice to fill up my time with other things...and I'm glad I left it before I had the chance to get caught up in more guild drama (which was just beginning before I did actually).

With that said, thanks for the compliments Kate. Smile It's funny because back then when I wrote it I was all RAWR and GRR and crap... but now, I just kinda look at it and hope I don't write something like that again. Very weird to see this, lol. Wink

Thanks again though. Smile I hope things are going well for you too.

~Keri

Scroll Addict
Picture of Failte
posted Hide Post
Wow (no pun intended) - you gave up an on-line addiction? Mine's chat - and I know how hard it can be. Congrats.

<When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother "What will I be?
Will I be pretty, will I be rich?"
Here's what she said to me...
"Honestly, son, don't be such an effin' pansy.">

Posts: 136 | Location: Marshall Islands (Kwajalein) | Registered: 02 April 2007Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
lol, nice. Wink But yep, I gave up an online addiction...and to be honest it wasn't all that hard for me - but it's probably because I'm focused on other things and WoW was a distraction I didn't need or want right now.

Ooh yes, I remember when I was addicted to online chat - long before the arrival of WoW, hehe. Although justifying that one is easier because it's talking with people who are important to you...usually. Wink