Notify
Tools
a poem
 Login/Join 
Scroller
posted
A Man that Ate His Own Head
By Wolf Larsen poet writer
An insect flies hallucinating with Manchu Picchu on its back and a mountain swirls around and shakes your hand so you’re clinging to the side of a cliff spinning around the hemisphere and the river jumps over the mountain and kisses the sky, the train whirlpools around and around the drain and all the Poets climb out of holes in the sky and recite streets lunging out of the flowers, then a tree grows out of the cliff and asks for a city, the Inca bridge connects New York City to Peru and mountains start springing out of the earth – mountains drooling out of other mountains until up and down is a delirious question running through opium staircases to Manchu Picchu, the blare of a train might be a machete slicing through your brain
Copyright ã 2004 by Wolf Larsen. All Rights Reserved.

If you would like you may read more of my poems at
http://www.secretwebsites.com/poet_writer.htm

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Wolf - why did you choose that particular formatting for your poem?

To me it makes it very difficult to read and take in each thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I didn't choose it - it choose me. I just write down the hallucinations as they come.

Anyway, forget about what your school teachers taught you about grammar and all that. If it's hard to read it's because people have been brainwashed that poetry must appear a certain way.

Anyway, some poets began writing in paragraph form a hundred years ago.

However, I don't know anyone who direspects grammar as much as I do when I'm writing. I never let grammar get in the way of self-expression.

Cheers.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
form is what defines poetry. while interesting, i find your work to be more stream-of-consciousness prose...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Dude, I don't need a lecture on poetry, thanks all the same.

It wasn't the grammar I was having a problem with. It was the fact that there is no music in what you wrote, because it all just runs together. There is no rhythm.

zoom hit it on the head - it reads more like stream of consciousness prose.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post