Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  OG Fiction and Poetry    Vampire Friends

Moderators: Argeaux

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vampire Friends
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
(C)2007 by Kate

They call to me
Asking for help
Pain so deep
Yet what do they do
For me, but stand there
Staring
While I weep
Staring and claiming
To be there for me

Someone laughs
They turn away
Smiling
An old friend
Blood gushes from my eyes
No one sees
Why do I care
That their laughing friend
has just stabbed them cold?

Why care then?
Why listen to them?
Walk away
Claim your place
Inside your head
Inside your soul
They'll never find you
Unless you want them to...

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Nice poem, Kate. Smile I feel this one; like you, I am beginning to realize who are "vampire" friends and who I should draw closer. It's amazing how with some people it's all about them, them, them...and they never even care to ask how your heart is doing. It also makes it easier to be like "screw that." Wink Thanks for sharing, Kate. It's nice to see you posting a poem again. Smile

~Keri

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Keri! Smile Yeah, I had several friends in my life like that, finally had to do the old Heave Ho! It is easier to say "screw em," Amen to that!

Hope you're well, woman, send me an email now and then and maybe I'll see you on Yahoo!
peace, Kate

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post