Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Suggestions, please

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions, please
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted
What if I ask Salem and others again which are their favorite Gamecube games?

What if I think I heard Animal Crossing once?

What if we have:
Simpsons: Road Rage
Simpsons: Hit & Run
Fairly Odd Parents: Breaking Da Rules
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
Finding Nemo
Mario Kart Double Dash
Turok Evolution
Smugglers' Run: Warzones
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Sims Bustin' Out
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3
and Need For Speed Underground?

What if I can't post in a regular thread today unless I translate to What If?

What if thanks? Smile

Posts: 2989 | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Buffy is good on GameCube

so is the Namco Museum with games like Galaga (which your children should play if they want to be any kind of cool when they get older), Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Dig Dug and Pole Position.

Prince of Persia just came out on GameCube, it's a fighting/strategy game. Awesome visuals and a great pace to it.

I'm more of an RPG game type girl and it sounds like you might like more action-y type games. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

I like RPGs, but my son likes action. I don't really have much time to play anything, so most of our games are his. I'd like something calm that I can goof around with when I have a moment. Racing and shooting games make me tense. Smile

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
oh, do you mean the "Chaos Bleeds" Buffy one? I heard there was one before but I'm not sure which platforms it came out for.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Yup I mean Chaos Bleeds. Smile Ahh, gotcha. Hmm, most of my RPGs are kinda, well...creepy. I have Darkness Reigns Sanity's Requiem which is kinda nerve wracking to be honest. I also have Baldur's Gate: the Dark Menace etc. which is a D & D based RPG. It's not nearly as visually intense and you can run about doing various missions. It requires more mind power than quick reflexes. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Oooh, get Animal Crossing Smile It's a nice calm game that uses the internal clock/calendar in the Gamecube so that whatever the date and time it is in the real world, that's what it is in the Animal Crossing world. Up to 4 players can have a character living in the same town, each with their own house. It's not an action game though, so I don't how your son would like it. Buut, you can play original NES games in it, one of which you get as a gift when you first move into town. The game also comes with a free memory card, because it takes up so many blocks. You should read IGNs review of the game, if you haven't already, as they make more sense than me Razz

Also, you can't go wrong with the Legend of Zelda Wink The Wind Waker is one of my favourite GC games. It's a great action/adventure game with some tricky puzzles to solve along the way. I'll throw in the link to IGNs review , just because Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Salem Big Grin

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I don't own a Game Cube, but I'm going to put in a plug for Super Monkey Ball Junior 2, also reviewed by IGN.

I've got Monkey Ball Junior on the GameBoy and it's a cool little game. No fighting and you can play parts of it really quickly.

It's like the old rolling marble games we had as kids, where you have to try to tilt a ball through various obstacles. A simple premise, that gets more challenging as you complete each level.

You get to unlock mini games, as well. These can be easier and faster to play than the main game so, if you're looking for a "quick hit", that is possible.

If IGN gives it the thumbs up, I usually find the game is worth a look. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I don't have a game cube.

i don't even have a game boy

*runs from thread*

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
GET A GAMEBOY!!

You know you want to.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I got Chaos Bleeds today. Neat Smile

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
I got Chaos Bleeds today. Neat Smile

Mmm. Chaos Bleeds. I'm stuck in the stupid mall with Willow. Worse. Fighter. Ever! I'll beat the game one day. When I have more time. *snerk*

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
So that's a Buffy game, I take it?

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argy McBargy:
So that's a Buffy game, I take it?

You are correct. Fun little game if you're into 3rd person RPG and Buffy. On the Xbox and Playstation (not sure if it's the same on GameCube) you can unlock bonus features as you play. They have some clips of the actors doing their voice overs and talking about the game.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Ok. I have Animal Crossing now, but it's waiting for the holidays. Maybe I should fire it up to check it now, what with return deadlines.

Anything I should know about it? Tips?

Smile

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting Animal Crossing Smile Soon you shall never have a free moment to yourself ever again! aahahaha!

I don't really have any tips, just make sure to check your diary for any important days coming up so you won't miss them Smile

Oooh, I'll be able to send you items via the games password system Big Grin

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I thought of a tip: Don't turn the game off without saving. Unless you'd like an angry, angry visitor..

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I'm having a big clean out in my game. My house is so cluttered with all sorts of crap, so I'm going to sell most of my stuff, then chose a theme for my house, and team with it. Smile

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Are you getting rid of any GBA games?

I have a home they could go to .....

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I meant my home in Animal Crossing Wink I could NEVER get rid of my actual posessions Eek