Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  Food and Drink    Food Thread
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Food Thread
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i had KFC yesterday

today got something much better- a gyros

king gyros makes 'em very good & love the fries too

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
ha ha anudder pg change that BrucE missed

must be asleep on the job

or musta got a life

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Had a salisbury steak tonite

hadn't had one in ages

worked it off by cleaning the gutters, both roof & ground gutters

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Had a couple burger today for supper & some green beans.

not much appetite recently

maybe i'm dying, if yer all lucky

then who'll post to the scrolls alive, huh?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ham & ham leftovers yesterday & today

Never been big on it but this one is pretty good

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Fried chicken from Wright Quad food court

Great food & hot chicks!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Day 2 of beef stroganoff

Just what i needed

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Stopped in at Naughty Dog & had a huge New York hotdog with loads of sauerkraut.

i been wanting to go there for awhile as i been cravin their thick dogs. Yummers!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Steak & baked potato

sounds common but was sooooo good

worked it off tho

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ham & eggs

i wasn't much hungry so only ate half the ham

worked it off on the back porch aka the xc zoo

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Picked up Indhickiana's biggest tenderloin sandwich at Judah today.

Most def worth the trip

And i trip on good tenderloins with mayo

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Making my Baked Corned beef again but Im Experimenting a bit this time....

I cut it in 1/2 & put Italian Seasonings on 1 part..

I cooked it too fast the last time & it was Tuff...lets see where it goes this time..

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Went to a local food co-op today & they had a blueberry cheesecake that looked sooooo yummers!

Cost too much or i woulda got it

Had breakfast for dinner today

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Man Am I Gettin sick of corned Beef & Cabbage....LOL

Its great when Im eatin it...but I really want a pixxa & spaghetti.

But the Schtuff will go bad if I let it sit too long...

I also have a huge 2 lb package of Sliced ham opened.....Im runnin outta bread..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yesterday i had a New York hotdog from Naughty Dog.

That was one huge dog loaded with mustard & sauerkraut.

Later mama xc baked a blueberry pie for me- yummers!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I cant believe this is gonna my next reply after the above one there..!

Walmart marked down their Corned beef Briskets...so I bought 3 more..

They are vacuum sealed so as long as that seal is good they oughta keep for a LONG time..

I even sprung for 1 of the uppity up ones that was $1 a pound more...to see iffin its better.

All the Snooty internet recipe writers spring for the more Expen$ive one leaving the 'point cut' for White Trash like me..

it will be a bit before I cook one .. I got the smallest bits I could find..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Got half a Dagwood Supreme sandwich at Dagwoods.

Campus area was pretty busy for a Sunday.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Well today is the day..Im back at it with more Corned Beef..Im trying to broil it this time..Its not lookin so good ..
Maybe Ill bake it up & then pop it in the broiler to carmelixe the top fatty part...

Hay I almost sound like I have some idea what Im doing...LOL.. NOT!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
The Corned Beef came out pretty damn good & its not huge so I dont have to eat it every day for a week & a half...

Today I made a souffled egg to put on toppa my roast beef & provolone sammich which was made with a rather salty
Sourdough polish rye...
usually the cheapy supermarket I go to doesnt make very good bread but this is truly different...
quite interesting flavor.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
We have a New York deli opened up this week called Gandolfos.

i had a coupon for a free half sub if i bought one. They gave me a two full subs for the price of a half sub. The sub is called the Brooklyn Bridge & has turkey, L&T, bacon, provolone, etc. Not bad.

All the subs are named after New York things. Still i didn't see a Barfalo Braless sub (probably that'd be corn beef ha ha).

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
They gave me a two full subs for the price of a half sub. The sub is called the Brooklyn Bridge & has turkey, L&T, bacon, provolone, etc. Not bad.

i ate the other half of the 1st sub last nite & i's still full! Doesn't taste as good as Dagwoods but is still good.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yay! The corned beef is gone today fer breakfast!

Most of that NY stuff refers to NYC I would have to say...

Most of Barfalo's NY delis have thugs hangin around the front door doin drug deals & there are bullet holes as part of the decor..LOL

Oh yeah & litter is sprinkled all over for that trashy-inner-city effect.

In the suburbs the Neighborhood delis/corner stores have been boarded up for decades.

Most of the hotdogs joints around here serve "Texas Red Hots" which are served with onions,mustard & fake 'Chili' Sauce.

They are not bad...I dunno of anyplace that serves up a Kraut dog as its flagship menu item.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Probably have a Pastrami on the last of that Sourdough Rye.

Then go to a Movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
Yay! The corned beef is gone today fer breakfast!

Most of that NY stuff refers to NYC I would have to say...

Most of Barfalo's NY delis have thugs hangin around the front door doin drug deals & there are bullet holes as part of the decor..LOL

Oh yeah & litter is sprinkled all over for that trashy-inner-city effect.

In the suburbs the Neighborhood delis/corner stores have been boarded up for decades.

Most of the hotdogs joints around here serve "Texas Red Hots" which are served with onions,mustard & fake 'Chili' Sauce.

They are not bad...I dunno of anyplace that serves up a Kraut dog as its flagship menu item.

maybe it's time to move to the country or a smaller city.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yesterday i finished off the 2nd sub, the free one. Still full! And still a fool fer not gettin something with more variety of meats.