Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  The Brothel    Untitled VI

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Untitled VI
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I can do it without a thought, now. For 27 years it's been a part of my twice daily routine. The click of the plastic as I flick off the lid. Tearing the foil seal. Slight resistance as I twist the plastic needle through the rubber end of the vial. Click off the units of insulin. Punch straight through the wall of my skin, usually the leg but sometimes the stomach. Slow clicks as I clench through the pain and the liquid eases below my skin. Count to ten. Withdraw the needle steadily, so as not to cause a bruise. Shake off any excess droplets. Recap the offending prick and drop it into the plastic sharps bucket. All in a matter of thirty seconds or less. If I only had thirty seconds left to live, I would choose never to do this ever again.
--------------------------------------------------
WRITING EXERCISE: Describe and evoke an every day action eg. tying a shoe lace.

[ May 29, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Argeaux ]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Wow! I could hear it and feel it. Perfectly descriptive. I could even see the skin pushed and then giving to the needle. Nice!

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Thanks, mate. [Smile]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
If I only had thirty seconds left to live, I would choose never to do this ever again.

further proof that Xena IS everywhere...

[ May 29, 2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: comparing gherkins and pickles ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
WRITING EXERCISE: Describe and evoke an every day action eg. tying a shoe lace.

I roll over & groan abit, my head has its usual dull buzzing ache. I notice Kitty is on the Pillow next to me.. She 'brrts' a cheery good morning to me ..& jumps off the bed as I reach for her.Purposefully she strides out to the kitchen & meows softly...
I snuggle into the covers wondering if it still morning or not.Oh who cares?
My shoulders ache, my teeth hurt,my throat is parched & I gotta wee to beat all get out...

Princess comes back into the room & rears up at the edge of the bed ..coaxing me out to meet the Day
I mutter a wordless complaint,roll over for a bit.She comes back to the bed several times...Im semi-comcious off & on...I roll to the right again that Damn chest pain wont allow me to face the wall & forget about another pointless day.

Neither will Princess's Empty stomach.

Finally after all avoidance of the inevitable is over
I sit up....
Shit! Everything aches ..
I get dizzy being this close to vertical.
Kitty coaxes more, promaising today WILL be worth the effort.

I wanna believe but ..I know better..
Off to the Bathroom to relieve the Ache in my Kidneys.the cold air is Not pleasant...
I console myself with the thought that in an hour or two I will be feeling better ..
all the way up to Awful..
if its a good day..

the old adage hits my mostly vacant mind.. as I flush

If you have your health you have Everything....

I amend it wordlessly...
If you dont have your health .. youve got Nothing...Do ya ?

"Yes, Yes Princess ..Im coming.."

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post