Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Any scrollers from days of yore left?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 40

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any scrollers from days of yore left?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Ame they are absolutely stunning!!! They had TONS of personality and verve. Dunno if that last woman at the finals was trying to say they need more personality or not, but they definitely had all the heart and soul combined with the physical skill and magic they possess to do what they did. I am sure you were, and are, a very proud mama. I remember Jess's baby and little girl pictures well. GO JESS! Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Rise and Fall of the Brass Razoo:
Ame they are absolutely stunning!!! They had TONS of personality and verve. Dunno if that last woman at the finals was trying to say they need more personality or not, but they definitely had all the heart and soul combined with the physical skill and magic they possess to do what they did. I am sure you were, and are, a very proud mama. I remember Jess's baby and little girl pictures well. GO JESS! Big Grin

What she said! i'm almost afraid to wonder how old Jess is now cuz i dun wanna feel old. Kids make ya feel young, eh? i best get workin on the xc wives!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was supposed to be a mediation session between me and my soon-to-be Ex, John. We worked out what I think will be a fair property settlement--I will have the house we currently co-own, in my name, but I still have to pay John a monthly payment for what'll be at least a "smidgen" of his half of the house. And if I sell? I give him half the money regardless. In all fairness, his mother, upon her death in 2009, did leave him a large inheritance in HIS name only, which allowed us to buy the house cash outright. Unfortunately, inheritances, even though John DID willingly share it with me, is not considered "marital property" by the spouse. Razz And if John just turned the house over to me and went elsewhere, he'd be giving up quite a bit of an asset. I did waive alimony, being that he originally agreed to give me the house in the settlement agreement which we signed and notarized separately from the other divorce papers(Cameron County in PA. does things a bit differently--they have a "mail-in" system rather than having to appear in court, and the property settlement is between the two spouses.) Originally, Ex and I were going to do this without attorneys. We thought we could handle it amicably. But then--once upon a morning last December, when Ex and I had planned to have the house deed signed over to me, a legal assistant got on his ass and said, "yo, what are you doing?" and Ex changed his mind. Since then, we've been negotiating and trying to figure out what to do, to be fair to him and myself. Logically speaking, I'd be homeless without this house. My parents are great, but their house is too small, and they can't handle the idea of taking me in at their age, and me probably being underfoot, even if I did stay in one room permanently. Razz Forget about my sister. I love her. But if I lived with her, one of us would end up in jail. Do the math. Razz Oh yeah, and my friends--no way. They have no time or room or energy to take in a straggling bohemian nearing fifty--either they have kids or sick parents living with them. It's a lose-lose situation all the way around. Yeah I thought about selling. But this house is a mess. It would take almost a year to get it presentable enough to sell. Now, Ex--he not only gets along great with his father, but his father has a nice-sized house. So, Ex can stay there with him. Me--I got this place, or a homeless shelter and subsidized housing that I'd have to wait in line for. And forget about the cats! Razz

Anyway, so the agreement is fair in the end. I'm taking on the overdue gas and water bills from when Ex lived here, taking on all the debts and taxes. And no alimony. Thank goodness we don't have kids!!!

I have thought of selling in perhaps a year or two and using my half of the money for travelling around the world. Not sure how long the money would last but hey, it could work! Big Grin Maybe I'll even make some seemingly impossible dreams come true--who knows? Wink

Well anywho--the mediation session was cancelled. So, onward to the next rescheduled session--which I hope to be our last. When everything is finally legalized, agreements signed, sealed and delivered, I will be able to move on with my life more productively than I've been.

What sucks the most about this divorce is the time I invested in this 18 year relationship/17 year marriage. Ex never loved me. He spoke the pretty words, and went through the motions, but his reason for staying with me was to have independence from having to live with Mom...and the American Dream, why not? The proverbial wife and home. And a cat or two--or several. Big Grin He did love animals, Ex, that's one thing we still had in common at the end. Razz And to be fair to him, he had wayyy too many mental and emotional issues layered on top of him to really be able to cut thru the muck and be able to love somebody truly for what they are. I worked my butt off, and yeah, I loved him dearly. But in the end, I had to give up the ghost. I had also stopped trying after awhile, depressed and tired of the struggle.

Oh well! I'm not dead yet! Big Grin Still got a lot of livin' to do. There will be someone else--and this time, I will make sure we both are on the same page, ready to love, give and be with another, but NOT lose ourselves in the process, the way I lost myself with John. Nope--not gonna have another 18 years of that again!! Razz

This has been a friendly neighborhood blog--(is that a dirty word? Razz Certainly a term used to death in social media Big Grin ). I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy the weekend! Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Family reunion this weekend. Family on mama xc's side. Not many showed up. But mama xc's sister & niece from Ally-bam-ya showed up.

There hasn't been a reunion on papa xc's side since a couple years before he passed in '94. Mot sure why. Maybe they dun't want any xc's there.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Hmmm i wonder if Ame or Argy are comin back to stay or just passin thru. i seen the lights are on in the mod forum. Hmmmm.

i oughta be a mod again since i here everyday or practically everyday. Not that there are any trolls anymore but sometimes spammers.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Hmmm i wonder if Ame or Argy are comin back to stay or just passin thru. i seen the lights are on in the mod forum. Hmmmm.

i oughta be a mod again since i here everyday or practically everyday. Not that there are any trolls anymore but sometimes spammers.

Hmmm--who be the spammers I wonder? Confused

I know it ain't me or you, xc and we be the only ones posting here normally. Unless you mean those annoying crickets that lurk about makin' all kinds of sounds but never actually speakin' their minds? Razz

I'd have a talk with them there lurkers/crickets if you get to be a mod again....Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The spammers have been gone for awhile, before ya returned. They would have ads in their posts for furniture or stuff for rent or other nonsense. i did my best ti scare 'em away.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
There are currently 2 member(s) and 5 guest(s) on the forums.

Hmmm who's hidin & who's lurkin?

Scrollers? Spammers?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Lmao! Dontcha just love those unsoliciting salespeople? Good for you for scarin' em away! I *love* how people use social media to push b.s. Razz

Okay lurkers! I'll bet y'all an awesome song video link from YouTube that one or more of you WILL speak up and say hi in the next hour! It is now 8:50 pm Eastern Standard Time. Okay...ready, set, GO! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Haha! Y'all lose! Big Grin

Guess I'll keep on watchin' my cool YouTube vids myself...while I imagine Johnny playing guitar while I sing them! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
RIP Omar Sharif "Dr Zhivago"

What a great actor he was.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Hmmm wonder where everyone went to?

Kate? Ame? Argy?

i never go anyswhere

i live in the scrolls

i am the matrix

i am the walrus

coo-coo-co-chu!

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I'm here. Been sick last couple days, had to postpone a bunch of appointments, but I'm back on the mend. Just got back from Atlantic City where I swam for the first time this summer--omg, the water was AMAZING! Big Grin Now I'm up late eating fudge and getting ready to watch a late night viewing of "The Brave!" Big Grin Hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of it. Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Swimming in Atlantic City? Did ya see any dead gangster types at the bottom of the ocean?

i haven't been to Joisy since i was a young xc. i haven't been outta Indhickiana for a few yrs & that makes 49 other states really happy!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
There are currently 1 member(s) and 6 guest(s) on the forums.

Ha! i *see* you

Lurkin behind the scenes, sneerin at poor xc

Minds if i use yun's as urinals whilst i pee on yuns!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i planning a vaca soons i hope. i wanna go back to Trader's World & Jungle Jima & hope the legendary blueberry lady makes an appearance.

i dunno i may be too poor to travel. i been reclassified as a dwarf xc so maybes i can get at kiddies fee or maybe Donald Duck Trump can pay my way cuz i ain't Mex-E-cun tho i surprized Trump ain't against Indhickianaians cuz we ain't the brightest state in the Great Polluted Lakes region.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Feelin' sad today, but listening to music to try to feel better. I got a bluetooth speaker that I'm gonna set up so I can play the music on my phone with a really good speaker...all ya need is to program the bluetooth thingie and it can act as a wireless speaker! Cool huh? Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'd recommend plenty of Crest & a dentist visit for that bluetooth of yers, Kate. Smile

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
rotflmao, xc! Big Grin

Let's just hope it doesn't need a root canal Wink Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i have day off from work

what am i doin here!?!?

oh wait, i live here.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Well, Ex and I had our final mediation session before the divorce gets finalized by lawyers, with all the papers and legalese, etc. All the B.S. is over with regard to figuring crap out though! The only thing to do is call the lawyer and get with him, and then get the house deed signed over to me. Then--we can sign the rest of the DEE-vorce papees and mosey off into the sunset!

Ex was upset today which made me feel bad. He said a couple times earlier this year that he wishes we weren't divorcing. In retrospect though, I have to look at his words honestly. Whenever he's talked about not wanting the divorce in the past, he expresses a desire to come back to the house, come back to his "children," (the cats) and go back to our "wonderful" holidays which we always made a big deal of--Christmas, Easter, whatever. Razz But--he never said he missed ME, or missed our "love," or anything like that. Just the things we DID, and the cats and his home. I dunno--maybe it's a "man" thing not to be totally upfront with a woman about his feelings for her--yeah, I get that. But when you want a woman to take you back--wouldn't it be a great idea to at least say you love her--even once?

Not that I could see myself going back to him anyway even if he did say that or even FELT that. I know he's not the one for me, even if it took years to figure that out. It'd be a total lie to him if I took him back. I genuinely don't love him that way anymore, although in many ways I'll always be fond of him. Even when I was mad at him a few months back, we do have enough history that I can look back and treasure the good times.

I hope he finds what he needs in life. I hope we both do! Meanwhile--onward and upward, and onto the next life chapter. Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yay Kate gets the house. If i ever divorce any xc wives i don't have any good times to treasure cept the fake ones. *sigh*

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
My niece & sister-n-law are visitin this weekend for a few days. i ain't seen sis-n-law fer many many many moons. She's married to my good bro, not the awful bro.

i also takin a couple days off work. yay!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Off work yesterday & today. Just puttin in an appearance here.

Wonderin where Kate is?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Here I am xc...just waking up in dreamland! Razz

Getting ready to go to the store. Got almost 0 dollars to my name, bleh but need to use some of it to go buy cat food, milk and coffee creamer. Razz Money! Ick! Whatever happened to bartering??? Frown
Wink

~~Johnny Depp.