Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Music Survey: What's in/on now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Music Survey: What's in/on now?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Today's listens:

"Chinese Burn" by the Len Price 3, from Australia (where are you Aussie scrollers & why aintcha listening to this!), this is a modern day garage rock that takes influences from The Who & The Monkees. Check out "Lai- Ha Lam", best song ever made about a dude in love with a girl from Vietnam.

V/A "25 Strong" soundtrack. I'm not sure if this is a fake soundtrack or wha but it's modern soul, hip hop and electronica artists, such as Julie Dexter, Vernon Reid and Maya Azucena. Nice way to check out some cool artists of their genre that need to be heard.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
You Could Have it So Much Better... Franz Ferdinand

Review after I listen to the whole thing

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i haven't got the new Franz yet, it's comin from amazon.com with the new Fiona Apple. Has anyone heard the new Fiona yet?

i've been buying new cd's more & more from deepdiscountcd. They're cheap with no shipping but they're also sooooo late in arriving.

Fortunately some of two week ago's new release have come in the last couple days. Yay fall = lotta good releases.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
in mi cd player @ le moment:

yugioh: music to duel by
pokemon: 2 B a master
phoebe buffay's greatest hits/disney
sonic the hedgehog
labyrinth soundtrack

you know it, i'm cool Wink

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently in the home, work & car cd players-

V/A Parasol's Sweet 16 -a label sampler from Parasol Records, a great indie label from Champaign, Illannoys

Minnie Ripperton Petals: The Minnie Ripperton Collection -What a great collection. I'd forgotten how many amazing songs she'd recorded in her too short lifespan.

Freakwater Thinking of You -Probably their best cd so far. This is indie country at its best.

St. Etienne Tales from Turnpike House -It's an import only in the US. i love Sarah Cracknell's voice. This is cool indie dance/pop. The bonus cd is amazing. Heavy rotation is this, yes.

BB King 80- King & guest vocalists. Some songs work, some don't. Duets with Glenn Frey, Bobby Bland and Mark Knopfler are hideous. The best duets are with Van Morrison and suprisingly for King's voice, Elton John and Gloria Estafan. This'd make for a great EP-CD.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last couple days, here's what's been playing in my cd players:

Death Cab for Cutie- Plans

Mt. Egypt- Perspectives (recommended if ya like Edith Frost or Mark Eitzel's type of singer/songwriter style)

V/A- Explosivos (latin funk)

Buck 65- Secret House Against the World
(great folk rap)

Cursive- Burst and Bloom