Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  What if ...??    What If?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What If?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
quote:
What if my covid shot yesterday went painlessly and rather easily all things considered?

what if cool?

what Pfizer or Moderna?

what if i get my 2nd on April 28th?

what if they wanted to give it to me on the 26th, my b-day, but i said no?

what if the b-day will be too depressing anyway & worse if there's side effects?

What if thanks, it was the Pfizer?

What if I understand the birthday blahs too...hopefully it's not too bad...maybe you can find something enjoyable to do that takes your mind off things if possible?

What if maybe that friend of yours, the woman who was helping you with your writing, can come over and hang with you on that day?

What if, it's good to have friends, even if only a few of them?

What if Happy Birthday in advance?

what if thanks for the kind thoughts?

what if it would be great if she could come over but sadly & realistically, it won't happen?

what if more like everyday depression heightened by a b-day, or holiday or significant anniversary of something?

what if hence, the crazed part of my moniker?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if weather.com has the temp at 53 degrees?

what if my thermometer & weather.gov has it at the correct 77?

what if weather.com is run by the weather channel & those morons can't get any weather predicting right?

what if George Carlin as the hippy-dippy weather man was best?

George Carlin weather dude

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xenacrazed:
what if weather.com has the temp at 53 degrees?
What if Rite Here is your Goddam 53 degress..LoL

What if alla the online & my thermometers
kinda agree it is the same temp outside as inside..?

What if the air entering in the back feels warmer..
the air when it blows in from the front is COLD..!!!
HOw is that even possible..feels like an 8-9F difference !!!

what if my thermometer & weather.gov has it at the correct 77?
What if you KNOW where you can stick THAT dontcha..? Razz

what if weather.com is run by the weather channel & those morons can't get any weather predicting right.

What if yeah same here
tho Im closer to the lake than the airport where the OAf-fishal temp is measured..

what if George Carlin as the hippy-dippy weather man was best?
What if wow how young he looks...

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if got summa XC's warmer weather after he Sucked alla the fun out of it..!?!?!

What if online tells me it is either 72F or 66F....
my stuff ..no barely 64F

What if Lake Erie does cause a lot of temperature variability around here..
Id bet Downtown Buffalo is barely 50F

What if probably with a strong on shore breexe too..?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if Im still seeing 3 outta 4 of those cats around here..

What if that little fuzzy gray one is Very pregnant...damn..!

What if I wish there was more I could do but I cant get within 20 ft of her..?

What if alla my thermoms say its 73-4 outside
as duz snAccuweather...

What if weather.com & .gov say its 79-80....no Arffin Way !!!!

What if thats shorts & a threadbare T-shirt weather..

What if OMG xc didnt suck alla the joy outta my weather today..Yay him..!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
What if got summa XC's warmer weather after he Sucked alla the fun out of it..!?!?!

[

what if there is no such thing as "fun"?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

What if OMG xc didnt suck alla the joy outta my weather today..Yay him..!

what if there is no such thing as "joy"?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if still no federal refund?

what if been 7 weeks since i sent it in?

what if guess i should've sent it in online?

what if but then BrucE might hack my PC and suck all my refund up to fun filled, joyous Buff-a-ho?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:

what if but then BrucE might hack my PC and suck all my refund up to fun filled, joyous Buff-a-ho?

What if no way!! Your local gummit needs your $$ to put up alla dem doggy piss-parks near you..!?!

What if I see you stole alla the sunshine before it got here today..

What if i seem to have got a temp reversal goin on
MY Thermoms say its 70+F & online claims 67,67 & 63F.....

What if Ive not gotten my $1400 Stim money yet..
Hope I dont get left out...

What if BtW...Biden has been better than I expected....
I hope he is able to get stuff done....damn Republicans

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

what if... ladies and gentlemen! Hell has frozen over!!!

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if wow, hell HAS frozen over, didn't think Brucy would say anything good about Biden? Big Grin

What if he has been good so far, from what I've seen?

What if yeah he'll run into trouble with Republicans, that's a given?

What if I finally got my stimulus check last Wednesday but it's almost gone now?

What if I got John a new computer for his birthday coming up?

What if his computer has pretty much bitten the dust?

What if he's been trying to write a book and keeps threatening to abandon that project if he doesn't get a working computer?

What if, so I'm looking forward to seeing him open this new one? Big Grin

What if I spent it on other stuff too that was hard to resist but I still have some left so I'll make that stretch?

What if I can be crazy with money if I let myself?

What if, but at least it's better than it was?

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

what if... ladies and gentlemen! Hell has frozen over!!!

What if I never hated the guy I was just so aggravated
that the ,to me, superior choices were neglected by Dem voters.

What if he is better on the environment & Global Warming than I thawt he would be..
Hes not 'Woke' & perhaps wont knuckle under to them.....

What if these things Im still worried about with him:

Too willing to dilute Liberal policies by bargaining with the corrupt Republicans.
He might not feel the need to counter their constant lies.

Doesnt grasp the NEED for Nuclear power esp. Thorium reactors...
Wind & solar arent that good for the environment either & will
take way too long to get going..

I have no ideas myself..but we need a way to cripple Putin & that Chinese shithead oppressor too.

We NEED to curtail immigration...now & drastically.....white America's 1 moral victory is that we are NOT causing overpopulation.EVERYONE else is.
No one seems to understand that THIS is as bad as Global Warming.....

I would drop ALL aid to any & every country that duz nothing to curb their birthrate....but thats just me..LoL

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if I finally got my stimulus check last Wednesday but it's almost gone now?

What if oh damn thats a shame....
because of the pandemic there is a shortage of nearly every computer component.

What if while the shortage is kinda minimal it has driven prices
up.Esp Video cards .....they are say 4x the price they were 18 months ago.

What if good luck with the book...seems everyone is writing them.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

What if he's been trying to write a book and keeps threatening to abandon that project if he doesn't get a working computer?

what if hope he has good luck with his book?

what if fiction or non-fiction?

what if writing is fun?

what if getting published is a pain?

what if the publishing world is like some old, unchangeable dynasty that badly needs revamped?

what if many businesses encourage 'thinking outside the box'?

what if the publishing world is trapped inside a box & it's suffocating authors?

what if no wonder writers succumb to the Amazon book graveyard?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:

what if writing is fun?
What if ..Thats a good reason to do it...

What if there are a LOT of reasons for this....

there are way way way too many people who want to be authors
There are 3 of us here.....we are each 0-1 degree of separation from a would be author....
John,xc,& my living bro....extrapolate THAT out to the USA...maybe 40-100 MILLION peeps!!!
Id bet there are more wanna be authors than there are avid readers in America.

what if the publishing world is like some old, unchangeable dynasty that badly needs revamped?
What if thats WHY we needed to elect Bernie & race away from capitalism
so we ALL have the ability to do what we want rather than live as Wage slaves to the wealthy 1%

What if they are business' they HAVE to make money....

what if the publishing world is trapped inside a box & it's suffocating authors?
What if the publishing world is dying.....as with freeware computer programs & games
starting in the 80s some will just make fair to good to great stuff & just give it away.
Publishers have to compete with that....

What if in the future it may become really hard to make money entertaining people
as movies can be watched at home on a large screen TV with
no annoying assholes who talk LOUDly 1 row behind you,pausing to get a snacko or pee etc.
I do not think cinemas are gonna make a comeback that lasts.

[B]What if nearly every boy in America has played football or baseball think how few ever get paid to do it.
Write because you enjoy it.....but dont expect strangers to flock to buy your book.
Or publishers to drop appointments with their successful authors to read your stuff...
They are busy & its a tuff business..

What if it costs nothing to create a webpage & upload your manuscript to a download site.
Im sure there are people out there who have done exactly this....esp poets.

What if Im not trying to discourage anyone but I suspect that my odds of finding a
reasonable doctor before I die are way better than anyone's odds of getting published & makin money from a book.

I remind you I have been sick for 39 years at this point & have known what needs to be done for over 20.

What if ..but Hay...good luck & have a nice day.!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

what if writing is fun?
What if ..Thats a good reason to do it...

what if true?

What if there are a LOT of reasons for this....

there are way way way too many people who want to be authors
There are 3 of us here.....we are each 0-1 degree of separation from a would be author....
John,xc,& my living bro....extrapolate THAT out to the USA...maybe 40-100 MILLION peeps!!!
Id bet there are more wanna be authors than there are avid readers in America.

what if getting stuff written is one thing. Finding an agent another. Deciding to go self-published or publishing company or hybrid another step. Having copies printed for yourself & a few select others is another. Many people want to be musicians. They have the same problems as authors, an old unchanged system, Then they either stick with it or end up in the youtube or bandcamp graveyard.

so we ALL have the ability to do what we want rather than live as Wage slaves to the wealthy 1%

Bernie couldn't change a thing unless he became a pinko gender bending Commie. Someone x millions will ALWAYS have to do what no one else wants to do, The publishing world needs restructured from the inside. Not reliant on agents but willing to experiment & not so rigid on what makes a book or a good story. It's a simple approach but they're unwilling to change or break the mold.

What if they are business' they HAVE to make money....

Um, that's how people make a living if they're able to. Thinking outside the box is a challenge to old ways of doing things. It's looking to the future, not the past. It doesn't always work but when it does, there can be good progress replacing stagnation. Companies afraid to think outside of the box do so because they wrongly believe there's no other way.

What if the publishing world is dying.....as with freeware computer programs & games
starting in the 80s some will just make fair to good to great stuff & just give it away.

If it starts dying, time to think outside the box. Who wants to give away free, quality stuff?

What if in the future it may become really hard to make money entertaining people
as movies can be watched at home on a large screen TV with
no annoying assholes who talk LOUDly 1 row behind you,pausing to get a snacko or pee etc.
I do not think cinemas are gonna make a comeback that lasts.

Actors & other movie/TV folk won't work for free. Pro athletes won't either.

[B]What if nearly every boy in America has played football or baseball think how few ever get paid to do it.
Write because you enjoy it.....but dont expect strangers to flock to buy your book.
Or publishers to drop appointments with their successful authors to read your stuff...
They are busy & its a tuff business..

They're not THAT busy, It's a myth. Sucessful authors, like successful musicians & athletes, falter after a few years. Publishers/record companies/movie companies always look for the next thing. Trouble is, they don't think outside the box! It's not about authors/musicians/actors expectations, it's about being given an opportunity. It's simple, not rocket science. There's so many success stories that almost didn't make it until someone did give them a chance by thinking differently.

What if it costs nothing to create a webpage & upload your manuscript to a download site.
Im sure there are people out there who have done exactly this....esp poets.

What if Im not trying to discourage anyone but I suspect that my odds of finding a
reasonable doctor before I die are way better than anyone's odds of getting published & makin money from a book.

I remind you I have been sick for 39 years at this point & have known what needs to be done for over 20.

what if personal webpage = Amazon/youtube/bandcamp graveyard. No one cares for that stuff other than those people's friends & family. Sorry you been sick a long time. May you find a good doctor and may i get published. 'nuff said.

What if ..but Hay...good luck & have a nice day.!

it rained today & i'm depressed!

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if John is writing a biographical novel about a playwright named John Augustus Stone who lived and worked in Philadelphia in the 1800's?

What if everything you guys are saying about publishers makes perfect sense to me?

What if there are not a whole lot of opportunities to put creativity out there in the world these days?

What if maybe I'm being a pessimist but I'm also talking from experience?

What if all the doors I pounded on and so much I tried to do only to fall thru the cracks of the Amazon and YouTube graveyard...but I'm only one of millions who just didn't get through?

What if, but people saw my art, I did have the opportunities I needed to at least get it OUT there?

What if that's more than I can say for so many?

What if, and it may still happen for me who knows?

What if, xc, I say GO for it...and I really hope you do find a publisher?

What if, Brucy, I hope you find a decent doctor too, for real?

What if I hope we all get what we need most?

What if, but for now I'm just happy I still don't have any side effects from that vaccine shot last Friday?

What if, not too much longer until the next one?

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

Bernie couldn't change a thing unless he became a pinko gender bending Commie.

What if Oh you dont think he is?...sounds like progress to me..LoL
What if Bernie wasnt really the point I was tryin to make...Ever since america elected Ronnie Raygun we have been in a race to the bottom for all but the .1%
ALL workers are expected to do more & more & more...
Example Walmart's success was largely started by having Too few employees to run the place & overworking them for fatter profits...then they went after trucking to make their shipping costs go down..& so on.
I think this has permeated business culture everywhere..hence the "wageslaves"idea.

It's a simple approach but they're unwilling to change or break the mold. what if the publishing world is trapped inside a box & it's suffocating authors?
What if ....Write because you enjoy it.....but dont expect strangers to flock to buy your book. Or publishers to drop appointments with their successful authors to read your stuff...They are busy & its a tuff business..

What if ....How would they prioritize these people ...some dude with a single manuscript who might never write anything again..a wnna be author who has several short storyies & a few novels in various stages of completion..?

I didnt even mention my son-in law is a journalism major & my bro is a Librarian
who went to college part time for more than 20 years...
does education factor in?...how should they decide who to read..?
maybe a few random pages here & there outta each of 10k books.?

What if haha the quotes thing did not quote anything you wrote in red...
imagine that? Ill continue below..

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
They're not THAT busy, It's a myth.

What if ...how do you know this...I suspect that every business is 10% those damn 'Labor Fakers' who do next to nothing & 20% peeps who do a reasonable days work & 70% miserable employees who feel over-worked under-paid & unappreciated..

What if ..thats NOT what I said & I think you know that.. Smile
Im pretty sure there are a LOT of wanna be actors who chop off their wahtevers
to get a 10 minute speaking part on a major movie, in hopes of a breakthru.

About the athletes..
ALL players in the NFL could drop dead today & ALL teams could easily
have a full roster of players by fall... ready to go.
Hell female athletes have been playing for next to nothing for eternity.

what if personal webpage = Amazon/youtube/bandcamp graveyard.

What if sure ...but its outside of the box & would give an author
previous work to point to...proving that they have at least a small audience.

What if I spend MONTHs trying to get YOU to think outside of the box @ politics...
You never even gave any indication that you thought about what I said...
seemed like you just dismissed it offhandly.. Eek --> LIKE A DOCTOR !!! Eek

Dont worry I'll live...LoL
Gabrielle scream..."Can no one appreciate my specialness!!"

What if they are not gonna change.....maybe YOU can think outta the box:

Go fund me
Patreon
recording a sample of the book with PUBLIC DOMAIN* pix & music
to accompany your reading.

What if there are authors out there a LOT hungrier than you ...You are gonna hafta WORK to get noticed & published & paid for your efforts...most of this is gonna suck too..

*What if ..yes people have put Good photos & good music up on the web for little more than a mention of their name.And that users dont sell things using their work.Look up Copyleft if you dont know what it means.

It was never my intention to depress any of you.
But we DO live in some spectacularly nasty evil & petty times.
You know tRump was an example of thinkin outside of the box.
what traitorous teabaggers & tRunpnazis fail to realize is that
the MAGA they long for were times when unions were strong,Democrats were in power & an honest days work was respected & compensated.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

Bernie couldn't change a thing unless he became a pinko gender bending Commie.

What if Oh you dont think he is?...sounds like progress to me..LoL
What if Bernie wasnt really the point I was tryin to make...Ever since america elected Ronnie Raygun we have been in a race to the bottom for all but the .1%
ALL workers are expected to do more & more & more...
Example Walmart's success was largely started by having Too few employees to run the place & overworking them for fatter profits...then they went after trucking to make their shipping costs go down..& so on.
I think this has permeated business culture everywhere..hence the "wageslaves"idea.

It's a simple approach but they're unwilling to change or break the mold. what if the publishing world is trapped inside a box & it's suffocating authors?
What if ....Write because you enjoy it.....but dont expect strangers to flock to buy your book. Or publishers to drop appointments with their successful authors to read your stuff...They are busy & its a tuff business..

What if ....How would they prioritize these people ...some dude with a single manuscript who might never write anything again..a wnna be author who has several short storyies & a few novels in various stages of completion..?

I didnt even mention my son-in law is a journalism major & my bro is a Librarian
who went to college part time for more than 20 years...
does education factor in?...how should they decide who to read..?
maybe a few random pages here & there outta each of 10k books.?

What if haha the quotes thing did not quote anything you wrote in red...
imagine that? Ill continue below..

what if keep politics & politicians outta the workplace? This means Dems, GOP, Bernie, Trumpenstein, et al.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
They're not THAT busy, It's a myth.

What if ...how do you know this...I suspect that every business is 10% those damn 'Labor Fakers' who do next to nothing & 20% peeps who do a reasonable days work & 70% miserable employees who feel over-worked under-paid & unappreciated..

[/b]

what if i've checked out many publishing companies, big and small. They- like other stagnant businesses- work under the 'we know it all, we don't need to change' attitude. They reject more than they accept because they really don't know marketing very well. They're like record companies. They follow fads & little more. Old record companies like Warner Bros used to have separate divisions for singers/groups that didn't fit a pattern. They didn't need to do that, but they did. When they got greedy, they axed those acts. i worked for a printing/publishing firm for years of smaller products. They weren't that busy. It's a matter of having qualified management & an open mind & knowing how to balance big sellers with 'fan favorites.'

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

What if ..thats NOT what I said & I think you know that.. Smile
Im pretty sure there are a LOT of wanna be actors who chop off their wahtevers
to get a 10 minute speaking part on a major movie, in hopes of a breakthru.

About the athletes..
ALL players in the NFL could drop dead today & ALL teams could easily
have a full roster of players by fall... ready to go.
Hell female athletes have been playing for next to nothing for eternity.

[/b]

You also said
quote:
and about
quote:
so it's reasonable to write what i did.

Wanna-be actors are lucky to get silent crowd part in a major movie. No one with marketable talent is going to display their talent for free nor should they.. unless they don't care or are independently wealthy. In olden days they did, especially black & female athletes. Even low paid athletes can make more through endorsements, coaching, broadcasting, etc.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

what if personal webpage = Amazon/youtube/bandcamp graveyard.

What if sure ...but its outside of the box & would give an author
previous work to point to...proving that they have at least a small audience.

[/b]

The Amazon book graveyard and the youtube/bandcamp graveyards are not outside the box, they are burial coffins.

Dig through the Amazon cemetery & you'll find poorly written, unedited books that any Tom, Dick or Trumpenstein can upload. Publishers, agents & bookstores turn their nose up at these last resort titles. These are books rarely if ever sell because Amazon knows to make them harder to find as they want to sell printed copies or better sellers for their Kindle. The only audience they would get are friends/relatives of the author... maybe.

Same with music on the other sites, Bandcamp & Youtube.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

What if I spend MONTHs trying to get YOU to think outside of the box @ politics...
You never even gave any indication that you thought about what I said...
seemed like you just dismissed it offhandly.. Eek --> LIKE A DOCTOR !!! Eek

Dont worry I'll live...LoL
Gabrielle scream..."Can no one appreciate my specialness!!"

What if they are not gonna change.....maybe YOU can think outta the box:

Go fund me
Patreon

What if there are authors out there a LOT hungrier than you ...You are gonna hafta WORK to get noticed & published & paid for your efforts...most of this is gonna suck too..

*What if ..yes people have put Good photos & good music up on the web for little more than a mention of their name.And that users dont sell things using their work.Look up Copyleft if you dont know what it means.

It was never my intention to depress any of you.
But we DO live in some spectacularly nasty evil & petty times.
You know tRump was an example of thinkin outside of the box.
what traitorous teabaggers & tRunpnazis fail to realize is that
the MAGA they long for were times when unions were strong,Democrats were in power & an honest days work was respected & compensated.

what if ugh, try to get through this! You're the one who condemns all Republicans and middle-of-the-road Democrats! Bernie had good and shitty ideas.

what if
quote:
Go fund me
Patreon
is the same as the Amazon graveyard.

How can publishing companies change?

They should STOP SELLING ANYTHING ON AMAZON!!!

Beat them at their own game. Tell the agents to FUCK OFF!

Have their own Kindle formats & open the stormgates for a multitude of genres.

A book sells x amount of copies by download, then it gets printed copies for online only. Sells more, printed copies for bookstores- better way of knowing what sells & fewer returns.

Penguin Random House only sells their authors, no cross selling with other companies.

Let Amazon advertise for their own authors... hopefully no more 3rd graders uploading their poorly written, unedited garbage,

Will it happen? Nope. They won't think outside the box.

It's either play their game or the Scam-azon graveyard. There's no in between unless you have connections. i'd rather have some small press print my books & pass them out free to friends than upload to Scam-azon.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
What if John is writing a biographical novel about a playwright named John Augustus Stone who lived and worked in Philadelphia in the 1800's?

what if cool?

what if biographies takes a lot of work?

what if hope i get to read it?

what if Philly was in my books?

what if i created a gangster who lived there, a would-be gangster more like it, but one with powers?