Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  What if ...??    What If?
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 97

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What If?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Online Now: 54
There are currently 1 member(s) and 53 guest(s) on the forums.

Did 53 people forget their passwords?

what if the 1 member has 53 split personalities?

what if wait- i'm the one member and i have no personality.

nevermind

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:

What if, thanks Brucy, I appreciate that! I'm in Philadelphia PA. I've looked on Craigslist for stuff before and once bought a bike on it for about 250.00. It was a very nice bike. I know you can get good deals on Craigslist.

400 sounds doable, maybe even 600. I need to save money. I'd need two or three months to save that but I could do it.

I just need something fast that has a lot of RAM and a good hard drive. I tend to load up my computers with programs and files. And I love streaming on the internet. I watch movies on Amazon and YouTube a lot...I don't even have a TV anymore. I keep up with the news online.

A laptop would be perfect, perhaps even smaller and more portable than what I have now. This one is approximately 18" by 12.

Thanks so much!!!! Smile

Yes ALso its REAL easy to get Screwed on Craigslist,too!

Laptop are quite tricky when buying used ..Desktops less so...
Almost no one ever drops their desktop out in the parking lot.
Screen & Keyboard are separate and of higher quality,usually....
It sounds like you have a 17" laptop {measured diagonally}...they are nice but not so transportable.

If your eyes are good {mine get semi-permanently blurry from squinting} a 14" in might be your ticket.

They Deliberately make it confusing....Oh its an i5 or an i3....
i5 is usually better but there are same generation i3s that will slaughter a slow i5....

Upcoming months & years will be a good time as AMD is starting price wars with
2 greedy, sloppy companies that have been milking the public for years...

Intel has been passing off 2-7% 'improvements' to their CPUs since maybe 2013 each generation..
AMD socked it to them with their Ryzen Series ...stronger faster & cheaper...recently.

NOw they are going after nVidia...whose been Way way over-pricing their Video cards since the Crypto-Currency craze started.

Sounds like run-of-the-mill video will do ya just fine....Its greatly improved since 2013

This is Prob whats in my 2010 laptops,Yours may even be Slower

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD = 216 - G3D Mark

2012 2xxx series CPUs { note the GENIUS Naming conventions}
2xxx series CPUs HD 3000 315 - G3D Mark

3xxx series CPUs HD 4000 457 - G3D Mark { I have this} used can be bought for @$150....
3xxx series CPUs HD 2500 295? - G3D Mark my small older business desktops...This does youtube @1080p just fine...

high end 2016 prob 6xxx series CPUs HD 650 1139 - G3D Mark
these are whats in Intel $400 comp from this spring iIRc {Last time I looked}

That is enough to do some simple online gaming even.

there are youtube videos of people running Skyrim on HD4000 laptops{?} at very low settings.

SO new should get you a small SSD{Very fast} Hard Drive or a larger 1Terabyte old style Hard Drive...
8Gigs of memory....& a decent new-ish 13 or i5....

the AMD Ryzen stuff MIGHT Be Trickier...
on the newer Desktop CPUs the RAM speed{its shared} has serious effects on the Video power.
This a new discovery to me...I dunno yet about laptops...

What if thank you Brucy for all that info???

What if I'll have to copy and paste all those numbers onto a word doc so I remember 'em lol. But it's great to have those reference points thanks.

What if it'll be a merry Xmas if I can get a computer AND a few other things I want. It would actually be a miracle! But if it doeesn't all happen Xmas, it'll happen sometime.

What if, my father-in-law's been laid up with fractured ribs since last Tuesday. Long and short, he fell down in the bathroom, and had to go to the hospital. Now he's in a rehab center to work on his breathing exercises which everyone has to do when they fracture their ribs, as a way of preventing pneumonia. He's older than I was when I fractured my ribs and it's harder for him but he seems to be improving. John is visiting with him now and I'm holding down the fort at home. Aside from that, not much to report, the cats are doing well, it's nice and warm inside and I like being indoors as opposed to outdoors right now.

As for those 53 guests or whoever, hope y'all wanna say a few words at some point. It's nice over here, give us a try!!!! Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if 56 yrs ago today, somebody shot JFK?

what if Dum Dum Trumpet did it?

what if he will not be impeached or resign but i bet he wins a 2nd term in '20?

what if i hope i'm wrong?

what if Schmoe Byden is old & boring?

what if Lizzie War-on makes stuff up as she goes along?

what if Pete Buddha-jug better get a female wife to win in the south & west?

what if Bernie is too soft on crime?

what if we ran JFK's corpse against the demon in the White House?

what if when Americans go to vote, they too often leave their brains behind outside the booth?

what if they probably will again next year?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I always thought there was some truth in the conspiracy theories surrounding JFK.

What if, I know conspiracy theories are generally hyperbole but this one makes sense.

What if it's hard to believe it was just done by some nutball.

What if, I don't know who I'll vote for, but I just want Trump out of there so if it's a matter of who is the highest in the polls I'll vote for them, just to get him out of there.

What if, he SHOULD be prevented from running again and I hope you're wrong too xc, if he gets to run and wins again, I'll know this world is FARKED.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if, in other bad news, my cat Serafina is dying. Frown

What if, she's got kidney problems and they've progressed too far for anything to be done about it.

What if, John doesn't believe in euthanasia for pets when they're sick and dying; his theory is, we're dragging them out of their homes and hauling them off to the vet, and they usually hate going to the vet, so to have to die in a vet's office and not in the comfort of home, is not good for any pet.

What if, he's got a good point, I just hope Serafina isn't in a lot of pain because cats hide pain super well.

What if it's really hard, she's such a sweet cat and I hate when they have to go early for some illness or whatever.

What if, but that's life I suppose and we're always gonna outlive our pets. That's the risk we take by having them...that we'll have to go through the pain of saying goodbye.

What if, well I'm glad we had her for as long as we did...

What if, I'll miss her though. It sucks in general but especially around the holidays.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if sorry to hear about your cat, Kate?

Pets are so much like people- good people without agendas, hatred & prejudices- that losing them is extremely painful.

In '95, my cat Fleetwood passed 4 days before Christmas, making it very sad time of year.

i can't advise about putting an animal to sleep or letting it die naturally. I hope Serafina is not in any pain.

My thoughts are with you, Kate.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if, (((thanks xc)))

What if I hope so too for her sake. She's laying on her blanket now, and seems as comfortable as she can be under the circumstances. It does cost a pretty penny to euthanize them, at least at my vet's. I think it's just easier for her to have the comforts of home around her now. Last two cats who died, died at home, peacefully in their sleep.

That sucks about Fleetwood, sorry to hear that. I've had pets die over the holidays before, this is nothing new, but it doesn't make it any easier.

But I'd almost rather go through this pain than never having cats in my house again. Every day of their lives that I can love them and give them a home and the joy they bring me just by existing, makes life a lot less painful in all ways.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow American Scrollers!

What if, not sure if anyone else is lurking around here but hope y'all are doing well this fine day.

What if, I'm cooking a turkey as we speak!

What if, we're going to my father-in-law's and feeding him and ourselves?

What if, the turkey is almost done and it's two and a half hours before we are due at his house!

What if, so help me, I want no dryness, burning or pinkness...not trying to give my father in law salmonella poisoning...or myself for that matter!!!

What if, it'll just be the three of us, me, John and his dad, and maybe his dad's nursing aide, not sure but I hope so. This is not a HUGE turkey but it's big enough to leave MANY leftovers, and John's a vegetarian.

What if, I like leftovers though...a lot!

What if, so it all works out, and I'll probably make some turkey soup! Once I get my sister's recipe that is lmao.

Enjoy, everyone!!! Eat hearty, eat too much, and don't worry about anything. If anyone's cooking, let someone else do the dishes. I am!!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if turkey day was depressing?

what if best forgotten?

i am now inside the Bermuda Triangle of depressing holidays- Thanksgiving, Christmas and NY Day. Times of year meant for families, something i have not.

C'mon, summer, get me out of this mess

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if i had a security camera installed outside the front door?

what if too much suspicious activity on the cul-de-sac?

what if the video replay shows many cats walking by the house?

what if they are admirers of Natalie Adele?

what if Natalie Adele is a suspicious character herself?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if, maybe Natalie Adele is planning on running for prez again and needs to gather a bunch of cat congress candidates?

What if or something like that but check out that alliteration!!! Big Grin

What if, I'm only laughing on the outside?

What if, Serafina passed away over Thanksgiving weekend...GREAT holiday, it was...NOT!

What if, my father in law's got pneumonia now and is in ICU. I'm hoping he pulls thru okay but it's anyone's guess.

And I have a chest cold so I'm not going to visit him, lest I give him something and make him worse. John is going, and he's healthy enough having already had a cold before. So he's probably immune right now.

Anyway I wish I had better things to report. I'm just trying to stay afloat as we speak.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if sorry to hear about Serafina, Kate?

what if she had a great life living with you?

mama xc had pneumonia twice- the docs gave her Vancomycin, a strong antibiotic, and tetracycline. One thing they always recommend- sitting up as much as one can, too much lying in bed is bad for the lungs. Hope your father in law recovers soon,

You get well, too, Kate. Chicken soup & a steam shower always helps with chest colds.

dr xc now off duty.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
what if turkey day was depressing?

what if best forgotten?

i am now inside the Bermuda Triangle of depressing holidays- Thanksgiving, Christmas and NY Day. Times of year meant for families, something i have not.

C'mon, summer, get me out of this mess

What if I understand, xc and sorry you have to deal with that.

What if, something about that "Norman Rockwell" thing and all this talk of families can really drive a knife into those who have lost family members.

What if,maybe find something distracting to take you away from the holiday stuff. Writing or something like that. Then again you probably already thought of this lol.

What if, hang in there!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
what if sorry to hear about Serafina, Kate?

what if she had a great life living with you?

mama xc had pneumonia twice- the docs gave her Vancomycin, a strong antibiotic, and tetracycline. One thing they always recommend- sitting up as much as one can, too much lying in bed is bad for the lungs. Hope your father in law recovers soon,

You get well, too, Kate. Chicken soup & a steam shower always helps with chest colds.

dr xc now off duty.

What if, thanks, dr. xc lol! Big Grin

What if, yeah, sitting up is best with pneumonia, too bad sometimes the docs and nurses don't know that.

What if, my father in law is having trouble swallowing too, which doesn't help.

What if I'll tell John to make sure he's upright when he goes to see him.

What if, he'll have to stay in a nursing facility until he gets stronger.

What if, yeah,I went thru three cans of soup yesterday, a gallon of orange juice as well. Alkaselzer plus helps with some of it too.

What if, thanks for your kind words about Serafina too, xc! She's an angel among angels now.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if i hope all is good with BrucE and Val?

He hasn't posted in a while. i hope when he updates, he has good news to tell us.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if yeah I wish Brucy and Val well, hope we hear something soon!!!!

What if, this holiday season is full of effing challenges but I'm trying to stay afloat.

What if, now my father in law is dying.

What if, he not only has pneumonia, he can't swallow anymore and they can't help him with any of it.

What if, they're moving him to hospice care soon.

What if, Merry Fuggin Christmas. THANKS!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if on a somewhat lighter note, my mom gave me some extra moulah for the cold and sparse December.

What if, it'll all go to bills of course but at least the bills are being paid.

What if, went to the hospital with John today and my father in law was swallowing fine when he had a little water.

Personally I don't understand why he can't just re-learn to swallow. He may be 89 but he's sharp as a tack. If he were just given swallowing lessons or whatever kinda PT they call it, maybe he'd have a chance. I don't know how these things work...but it almost feels like the doctors might be just dropping the ball. No, it's prolly like xc says...they just don't wanna spend the money. A$$Holes!!!! I'll see what happens and what I can do about it.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
WHat if...Whoopsy..*blush* I see the last time I posted here was 11-11-19 ?

What if on 11-12-19 the kid next door had finished setting up Skyrim on my computer....?

WHat if I have beeen playing it on & off enuff to have 60-70 hours playtime now..??

What if I REALLY like it A LOT !?!?!?!?

What if I made sure to take it easy as I have that Stress injury to my right arm..??

What if just this week... It went Stratospheric in the pain dept....it just keeps gettin more sensitive..?

What if the knot of fabric where sleeve meets torso part of a shirt is pressing on my armpit-inner arm area & thats part of the problem..?

What if I was confused ..as it usually feels pretty good when I get up . but quickly becomes nasty after I get up...?

What if a T-shirt & heavy hoodie has allowed me to be med free till about 5pm today...?

What if its 1:30 AM here now & i have taken 2 Ibuprofen 1 Aleve & 1 tylenol wCodiene & 1 aspirin today.....

What if About 1/2 of what I took yesterday...it come in waves & when it hits...they aint doin much..LoL.

What if sorry about not postin...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if as far as I know Val & baby are just fine..?

What if I pissed Val off after she allowed her cat to get so sick it had to be put down..?

What if I TOLD everytime I was over there that the cat was un-well..?

What if when she finally took it to the vet they told her it had lung cancer & put it down immediately..?

What if my charming nearly perfect lil daughter has turned into {or maybe always was} a Narcissistic lil shit..?

What if she was acting like she always took such good care of her cats.....& I Just told her the truth..She didnt take it well?

What if she had a particularly over affectionate cat that just would NOT allow anyone to ignore him..

What if I liked him alot but they were pretty sick of him..& Val said she was GLAD when he died..!?!?!?!?

What if she has inherited my mom's most awful trait..?

What if I come from a family of 5 & my mom's inability to ever imagine she might be wrong or that ANYONE Else was important in the least ruined the lives of every single other person in the family....?

What if I will fight Val's selfishness as much as is humanly possible...?

What if its great that my life experiences & lessons are Exactly what she needs to be a better person than the one I fear she is becoming...

What if Everyone will be against me on this... but they are fools...sadly?

What if tho its gonna be really hard to explain this in a manner that will get past any of their built in B.S.

What if I have been literally 2 people.. the 1 I was abused into growing up as & the one that overcame alla that .. to be ...Me?

What if maybe alla that hard earned knowledge .....can win the day..?

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if John's staying with his dad until Sunday?

What if my father in law is at home and that's his hospice and the care of him is divided between John, his brother and the home health aid.

I think it sucks that they don't provide hospice care nurses but then that's asking too much of them...isn't it? Roll Eyes

What if, whatever, acceptance, bla bla bla. I get it.

What if, Happy Holidays yada yada yada!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if, btw, Welcome back Brucy!!!!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless

What if the knot of fabric where sleeve meets torso part of a shirt is pressing on my armpit-inner arm area & thats part of the problem..?

What if I was confused ..as it usually feels pretty good when I get up . but quickly becomes nasty after I get up...?

What if a T-shirt & heavy hoodie has allowed me to be med free till about 5pm today...?

What if I was completely wrong about what was causing the pain....?

What if the muscles coming down from my neck to my shoulder have become tightened & hardened ....annoying the BEE-JESUS outta my nerves running down my arm....

What if he used Spock's Vulcan nerve pinch on me & I jumped in pain....

I got some Mooscle relaxers ... for tomorrow ...WOO HOO!!!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:
What if John's staying with his dad until Sunday?

What if my father in law is at home and that's his hospice and the care of him is divided between John, his brother and the home health aid.

I think it sucks that they don't provide hospice care nurses but then that's asking too much of them...isn't it? Roll Eyes

What if Im sorry youre goin thru a ruff patch.

What if Im also saddened that you lost your cat......they are amazing animals, arent they?

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if.. oh yeah... I spent over 3 1/2 hours in the hospital emergency room......to spend 10 minutes ,at most, with the doctor....

What if he was a great guy.....?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

What if Im sorry youre goin thru a ruff patch.

What if Im also saddened that you lost your cat......they are amazing animals, arent they?

What if, thanks, Brucy, that means a lot.

What if, cats are amazing all the way thru and thru. They're different than dogs in that they take their time getting to know you and then by the time they get used to you and decide they like you, they're your friend for life. You can scold them for doing something naughty and they'll just keep coming around and being friendly because you're in with them for life.

Serafina first came to us in 2013 and she stayed under a chair for a month before finally venturing out. The first person there to see her come out from under the chair was me. I sat there, just giving her space to look around, sniff my hand if she wanted to, etc. She ended up on the couch next to me purring really loudly and rubbing on my hands. I was hers ever since.

I miss her. But I'm sure she's on the other side playing and having fun...I'll see her someday, again.

Thanks again for your kind words, Brucy!!! Peace out. Smile

~~Johnny Depp.