Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  What if ...??    What If?
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What If?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I don't believe nobody's sick and everything's hunky dory but I don't believe the coronavirus needs all this panic to the point I can't even go to the store and get a bottle of hand sanitizer??

What if, people are buying hand sanitizer left and right and panicking out the wazoo?

What if it pisses me off because it just doesn't sound as deadly as the flu, alcoholism, cancer and other things that kill people...and you have to have a really compromised immune system to get it anyway, at least THAT was said in the news???

What if, I prefer to skip the rest of the reports of positive tests and quarantine if I can help it?

What if, I could be in denial but right now I just don't want to think about it being like Stephen King's "The Stand..." I got enough going on without a plague on top of it???

What if, whatever, I just wish it would all go away. I'll still vote for Bernie but if Biden wins I'll of course throw my support behind him. ANYTHING to get rid of Trump.

What if...at least I'm not worried about conspiracy theories like some friends of mine, who think the government is not telling us everything about the virus. Damn, people can die of STRESS before the damn VIRUS gets them!!!

What if no thank you????

What if, in other news, SPRING seems to be coming in March? Big Grin

What if it's supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow?

What if, I'm buying another pool in April?

What if, I hope it won't be like last year when it was wintery in April and even part of May?

What if, it seems like it'll be the opposite this time...I'll take it!!!! Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if it's the end of the world (and i feel fine)

what if anybody wanna buy a roll of toilet paper for $80?

what if i'd rather picnic than panic?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if can't do this, can't do that?

what if working from home?

what if people shouldn't hoard supplies?

what if *sigh*?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if yes to all of that, particularly the panic thing?

What if, it's hard not to panic but I usually stay indoors anyway so there's that.

What if, oh well. I'm gonna try not to think about it too much in the meantime.

What if it's time for music or a really campy old movie. Or a podcast from a year or two ago.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if gas prices have dropped dramatically?

what if yes, when travel isn't important cuz there's no place to go when everything is closed & ppl are hibernating?

what if i finally found kitty litter!

what if that'll make Natalie Adele happy?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I'm glad you found kitty litter xc, I didn't know that too was hard to find. John found it yesterday with no drama. But I guess it depends on whatever different variables there are.

What if, we have more cat food than our cats know what to do with so that's a plus???

What if my sister said she'd help us buy groceries since our money is tight...thank goodness for solidarity and full circles with the family!

What if...in spite of all this nonsense, I'm feeling pretty calm overall?

What if...smoking weed helps too...especially the medicinal kind that is made specifically to target anxiety and knock it down a few notches?

What if it's the best thing I ever could've done for myself...I can't imagine what kind of freak-outs I'd be having now if I hadn't gotten my medical weed card?

What if, what works for me doesn't work for everyone but when it works, it works!!! Big Grin

What if I hope everyone else stays safe and healthy!!! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if the only weed i know is the kind my lawn mower runs over?

what if Kroger's still outta kitty litter but Rural King had it & chewy.com finally gonna deliver some?

what if news media is making things worse?

what if they endorse hoarding?

what if it's all the fault of the Trumpenstein monster?

what if i need all my xc wives to help me thru?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if very true, and the hoarding has got to stop?

What if Trumpoid ain't making it better by denying its existence one minute then calling it the Chinese disease the next? He's USELESS.

What if, I tried to order from ShopRite in my area but they couldn't even get me a delivery date and this month is all I had so I guess I gotta wait for April to get delivery?

What if, gonna try to find grocery delivery somewhere in my area...gotta be around somewhere!

What if, meanwhile I'm just isolating best I can when I don't have to go hit the store or the pharmacy?

What if...ah well...we're coping!

What if Johnny Depp held the cure for Coronavirus and he walked into my house just now?

What if I'd die of pleasant shock, not the virus at least!!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

what if i hope Dopey Joe Biden wins the nomination?

what if Bernie is too la-la-land & he can't beat Trump in the electoral college?

what if even if Bernie wins, his free this & free that won't pass Congress?

what if no matter who wins, the rich will get richer & the poor poorer cause after all- they're all crooked politicians?

What if Im sorry I havent posted in a while but the above statement had me too demoralized to respond?

What if Ive been trying to think how to respond to this sort of thinking..hoping a brainstorm of eloquence would happen.. no such luck?

What if a few apages back you said how all poticians are liars...WHy is it that when we get one isnt just out for himself no one will get behind him?

What if this exact defeatist attitude is what has gotten us into this fatal mess that the world is in...the RICH only get Richer because the voters ALLOW them to?

What if maybe it doesnt even matter anymore because the world is gonna have an extinction event it will take hundreds, maybe thousands, or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of years to recover from..?

What if we have runaway greenhouse emissions... this we ALL Know..also we have completely unchecked population over-growth....Near total habitat destruction...

What if there is NO possible way to feed all the people on earth,in the coming future we have allowed ourselves to be lied into..thus every other living thing that can be consumed will be..?

What if I would be surprised if we even have 25 more years of this over-consumptive lifestyle

What if on that cheery note.. Hi how ya all doin'..?

What if yes.. this quarantine-y shit is really mostly just life as usual for me...?

What if my health is about the same as ever......& no I WILL NOT VOTE FOR THAT SHITBAG FUCK UP JOE BIDEN !!!!

What if I hate Trump but I cant see that Nitwit being an improvement in the least.

What if the screw job will just move back behind the scenes where its been since Carter left Office.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if now that Im done throwing up all over the scrolls ..I feel better..?
Smile

What if Im not tryin to pick on ya xc but that attitude is all over America...& I want to try to stop it..?

What if reason has gone the way of the dodo..?

What if we all need to do better, to be best, if we want this beautiful planet to not become a festering ,rotten egg smelling pussball..?

thank you for your support.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if in a scientific world where we can produce THIS....!?!

night-time solar power

I cant believe that we are muddled in a world of payback racism & greedy reality denying on the other side..?

what if my personal opinion is that 50% of humanity DESERVES to go extinct..?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I do hope Bernie wins but a part of me is scared that if he goes toe to toe with Trump the electoral college will just laugh him off?

What if, that is if this coronavirus doesn't shake people out of their sameness?

What if, I just wish the Trump administration would get with the program and lock down the entire country but that's asking too much of them? Roll Eyes

What if, just leaving it up to the states to decide for themselves isn't working...some states aren't even banning restaurants from being open?

What if, in my state of PA., they say no crowds over 1000...WHAT? 1000 people gathered together anywhere is too much!!!

What if according to this article that is what's going on?

What if, if the US gov't would just shut down the WHOLE COUNTRY, only allowing people out to get groceries and see doctors, etc....with cops on the street monitoring everything...at least we'd have a better chance of containing the virus than we have now?

What if, all those damn kids at the beach...it sucks to say this but karma did get them for their carelessness when one of their gang tested positive?

What if...it may take months to contain this thing but I don't want it to take years...too much death otherwise.

What if, but maybe this is karma for all the stupidity of the world.

If so I don't wanna pay it, I got my own karma that I'm paying for.

What if...oh well, here's to another day in quarantine!!!!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
quote:

what if i hope Dopey Joe Biden wins the nomination?

what if Bernie is too la-la-land & he can't beat Trump in the electoral college?

what if no matter who wins, the rich will get richer & the poor poorer cause after all- they're all crooked politicians?

What if Im sorry I havent posted in a while but the above statement had me too demoralized to respond?

What if Ive been trying to think how to respond to this sort of thinking..hoping a brainstorm of eloquence would happen.. no such luck?

What if a few apages back you said how all poticians are liars...WHy is it that when we get one isnt just out for himself no one will get behind him?

What if this exact defeatist attitude is what has gotten us into this fatal mess that the world is in...the RICH only get Richer because the voters ALLOW them to?

What if maybe it doesnt even matter anymore because the world is gonna have an extinction event it will take hundreds, maybe thousands, or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of years to recover from..?

What if we have runaway greenhouse emissions... this we ALL Know..also we have completely unchecked population over-growth....Near total habitat destruction...

What if there is NO possible way to feed all the people on earth,in the coming future we have allowed ourselves to be lied into..thus every other living thing that can be consumed will be..?

What if I would be surprised if we even have 25 more years of this over-consumptive lifestyle

What if on that cheery note.. Hi how ya all doin'..?

What if yes.. this quarantine-y shit is really mostly just life as usual for me...?

What if my health is about the same as ever......& no I WILL NOT VOTE FOR THAT SHITBAG FUCK UP JOE BIDEN !!!!

What if I hate Trump but I cant see that Nitwit being an improvement in the least.

What if the screw job will just move back behind the scenes where its been since Carter left Office.

what if a vote for Bernie is a vote for Trump?

Bernie may be more honest than most of his kind, but all politicians are liars at some point, some much more than others. He cannot win the electoral college, the popular vote, even with Trump's mishandling of the coronavirus in the US. You will probably disagree, but i think the most important thing is to get rid of Trump, and Biden is the only chance. Biden is weak, he's wishy-washy like Mondale was, but he's still better than Trump.

Biden would definitely surround himself with much, much better people. We gotta get rid of the Attorney General and all of Trump's cabinet who are chosen for loyalty, not because
they're good at what they do cause they suck!

The rich will always get richer, us poor slobs will always be poor cause that's the way the world has always worked. Anybody thinking they can change that will wind up the victim of a "lone gunman" or some nonsense excuse like that.

Almost as bad as Trump's mishandling the coronavirus is the media- Faux News, Crappy News Network (CNN), liberal or conservative, they're all fear mongers, promoting hoarding and
loving the pandemic because it draws in ratings. Reporters are NOT historians! They are paparazzi, sleaze-fest manipulators of the truth.

what if now i post and be darned?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:

Almost as bad as Trump's mishandling the coronavirus is the media- Faux News, Crappy News Network (CNN), liberal or conservative, they're all fear mongers, promoting hoarding and
loving the pandemic because it draws in ratings. Reporters are NOT historians! They are paparazzi, sleaze-fest manipulators of the truth.

What If this is all of what you wrote that I agree with....I havent had cable TV since 2008-9... So long ago Im not sure exactly when.
I do not miss it...Even the broadcast news was/is a lame barely honest shit-show.

What If I couldnt watch any of the debates live .. but what I saw on-line was truly disappointing...all the 'Inquisitors' were trying to make themselves look smart & 'tough' by trying to pit the candidates against each other..you know... to keep it entertaining...Hay ..Fuck democracy,ok?

What If we have rich narcissists overwhelming all news media ..except print journalism...!

What If I went & did a search for the 2008 & the 2016 as what all the enmity was towards Hillary... there is no truthful or valid reason.
Even PBS newshour's Gwen Ifill wouldnt drop it..with the emails shit. I suspect its jealousy.Many HATE people who they feel are better than them.

What If I wondered how she would respond to her inane dishonest hatchet-job after Trump was elected but the cunt died.. so I'll get no answer from her...

What If in an act of unearned mercy....I chalk it up to maybe her being ill & not realizing just what she was doing...

What If when evil traitorous news outlets can point to 'Uber-Liberal' PBS Newshour & say... "See.. Even THEY dont trust her"...small minded morons will just fall in line.

what if a vote for Bernie is a vote for Trump?

what if you read & re-read this until you can see this bit of nonsense for what it really is...

I learned this very painfully when Liberals railed against Ralph Nader for stealing enough votes for Al Gore to get the election stolen from him...it took along time for me to realize he was right. SO its nothing I havent done....Im a better thinker for no longer falling for such Strawman Arguments

We ALL need to come to a new way of thinking.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xenacrazed:

What if Im a gonna trry to persuade you on these things one at a time..?
What is your source for this pearl of wisdom....I suspect that Exact same 'Moron Media' that you excellently skewered above..?

WHat if trump will have to work pretty damn hard to make a fool out of Bernie....the man is a rock...?

What if Biden will make a fool out of himself more than once between now & November..Guaranteed its what he does...
If Biden had ANYTHING to Offer America he would have been president long before now..
I think he will lose....even if only to another October surprise lie/coup as Hillary did he will be even more ill-prepared to deal with it...

Biden is a bumbling dis-honest fool, only to be surpassed by GWB & Trump....but Trump is way more savvy & under-handed.

What if I think even he knows that...its a clarion call for just what is possible if we pull together ...& dont fall for COnservative bullshit.

What if ...defeatist thinking....just what the powerful want you to think & feel...they have not stolen the country from us completely...yet?
we have at least this last chance in 2020.

Bernie may be more honest than most of his kind, but all politicians are liars at some point, some much more than others.

You know what...My mom raised me to be Honest..I am....often to my own detriment here on the scrolls....Its not because she was/is honest..shes just such a narcissist that she wasnt gonna have any lil shit lying to her.
But she often presumes Im lying when my life doesnt fit into her preconceived , know-it-all presumptions.
the point here being...people who say that everyone lies...are liars themselves...its their cushoin.."well, everyone else lies so why shouldnt I?"

too many of us have accepted this time-worn falsehood as a truism...I dont .. never really did..

In politics ultra-conservatives Bitch McConell & all.....most of what they say is lies....
middle of the road Republicans & Democrats ... kinda lie some as needed ..but less than the Fox News Nazis...
True old-Fashioned Liberals are by far the most honest....they dont need to lie...they point out whats wrong with the staus quo & offer their remedy
some of which are better than others.
But at on the dis-honest left .. I will call these the Progressives...the anti-White males crowd..they are both self-deceptive morally bankrupt & very dishonest...

Bernie is NOT in with this crowd.....no recompense for what southern whites did before the civil war.
He stands alone in this & its my proof of his honesty...he wont allow inquisitors to drag him into that racist shit...

Biden is weak, he's wishy-washy like Mondale was, but he's still better than Trump.

What if I hope Corona Virus will save us from both him & Trump....

Biden would definitely surround himself with much, much better people.
We gotta get rid of the Attorney General and all of Trump's cabinet who are chosen for loyalty, not because
they're good at what they do cause they suck!

What if not that much better.... he is a Corporate democrat closer to Republicans than to Bernie...
that will quash any democratic turn in our future politics.
The old ..."See.. there's no difference between the parties..so why vote Democrat..?"

The rich will always get richer, us poor slobs will always be poor cause that's the way the world has always worked.

What if sorry not really.....after the Great Depression Americans slowly pushed back the power of the wealthy....
up until the Arab Oil Embargo & the 'Stagflation' of the 70s allowed Liar Ronny Reagan to promise to make everyone richer
by giving all the money to rich people....it will just trickle down after a while..
Im STILL Waiting ..are you..?

Anybody thinking they can change that will wind up the victim of a "lone gunman" or some nonsense excuse like that.

What if this is quite possible.....but we have no other choice...if I was healthy I would risk it...Id DIE to save the world...from this incessant shittiness.

anything else would be cowardly....in my opinion

Hopefully you can be convinced to at least vote against it.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
What if I forgot to mention....Im sick with..umm..something....

What if I had hella nausea....it lasted 2-3 hours & then came back say 6-7 hours later...
then after going away most of saturday it came back suddenly.....

What if I thought I had eaten something bad, spoiled, contaminated or what have you...

What if I let water sit around to De-clorinate over nite but this morning I set a bottle of fresh tap water next to a 36 hour,at least bottle of de-clor. I smelled them just to be sure... both had NO SMELL !!!!!

What if I checked all the other bottles & a cup fresh outta the tap...all No Smell!!

What if ... all in all if it is Corona I think I will be alright...Im only slightly sicker than normal..

SO I guess I'll post & be Dam-aged..& Stuff!!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
WHat if I know what I forgot to say...

Kate will probably find this funny....I hadda change out my thermostat today...

It turned into a clown car circus...I lost or there were no screws with the new thermostat.

Im so blind i couldnt see all the really teeny tiny fittings I had to connect.

the wires were long & stiff so when I bent thm in to pop on the cover it was lifted slightly,

not enuff you could see it but enuff there was no electrical connection..

SO I checked the furnace & the fuse box....throwing the possibly relevant switches off & on..killing the power inadvertently to the ONLY plug in clock in the house...my bedroom alarm clock..wtf?!?!?!?

no dice back to the thermostat rearranged it moved it to hot....click ... whirr furnace goes on...only 2+ HOURS...again WTF!?!?!?!?

everything seems fine & that HATED computerized thermostat is FINALLY GONE...

replaced with an old fashioned round one 60s style...I set it it stays put ...

no back sassin me...

I feel weirdly satisfied now.. Smile

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if hope you're feeling better, BrucE?

what if we'll agree to disagree on certain political matters but that's fine by me?

what if hope us 3 remaining scrollers weather the virus storm?

what if i wanna live to see my books published, read by Jennifer Lawrence who throws herself at me, begging to play one of my characters, saying she'll do anything for the part?

what if yeah, dream on, xc?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
WHat if I know what I forgot to say...

Kate will probably find this funny....I hadda change out my thermostat today...

It turned into a clown car circus...I lost or there were no screws with the new thermostat.

Im so blind i couldnt see all the really teeny tiny fittings I had to connect.

the wires were long & stiff so when I bent thm in to pop on the cover it was lifted slightly,

not enuff you could see it but enuff there was no electrical connection..

SO I checked the furnace & the fuse box....throwing the possibly relevant switches off & on..killing the power inadvertently to the ONLY plug in clock in the house...my bedroom alarm clock..wtf?!?!?!?

no dice back to the thermostat rearranged it moved it to hot....click ... whirr furnace goes on...only 2+ HOURS...again WTF!?!?!?!?

everything seems fine & that HATED computerized thermostat is FINALLY GONE...

replaced with an old fashioned round one 60s style...I set it it stays put ...

no back sassin me...

I feel weirdly satisfied now.. Smile

What if ahhh the joys of installing a thermostat! Big Grin

What if I have a simple one too...none of that digital crap, besides those ones are more expensive.

What if, I'm surviving the pandemic thus far...still alive, staying indoors and not venturing out except to my back yard where dwell no humans but the ones who live here?

What if, I've also been drinking a lot of hot liquids...guys, get your hot liquids into you, this virus HATES heat, but you probably know this already. Big Grin

What if, I got lemons too bc hot lemon juice is also a killer.

What if, I think I'm safe with food for awhile, so that's good?

What if, I could use some hand sanitizer but beggers can't be choosers!

What if, I've got sufficient toilet paper for awhile, and other such things.

What if, this pandemic has one good thing about it...no one gets on me to "get out of the house," LMAO! Razz Big Grin

What if, I like indoors sometimes, people out there can be weird?

What if, and scary and mean?

What if, I feel a chorus of the Beach Boys' "In My Room" coming on? Big Grin

What if...ah well, let's keep on keepin' on!!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:

What if, I've also been drinking a lot of hot liquids...guys, get your hot liquids into you, this virus HATES heat, but you probably know this already. Big Grin

what if when i drink hot liquids, it usually puts me to sleep?

what if i drink warm milk at night to do that?

what if it hates heat, bring on the 90 degree weather, which i love?

what if oh man- what if Trump's hot air (every time he opens his mouth & speaks) is the antidote for the virus?

what if that means its one virus versus another virus!?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if yes, Trump is a virus if there ever was one! Razz

What if I do hope it fades away in summer?

What if I'm pissed off because now they shut down all the dental offices in Philadelphia?

What if I have a huge procedure I have to get done and now I can't until indefinitely???

What if, and I don't care what they say about dental emergencies being handled over the phone...there are some people that have PROCEDURES that if they don't get done they're in a lot of pain.

What if fukk the coronavirus and the filthy cockroach it rolled in on?? Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if this is a good site for positive news-

https://www.optimistdaily.com

what if there's lots more articles under the categories heading?

what if sick n tired of doom-saying newscasters?

what if gettin cabin fever being stuck at home?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I'm getting cabin fever too, which is why my backyard is so enticing...but it's friggin cold outside right now.

What if I'm tired of "Doomsday" bad news as well so yeah, that site is good, thanks for posting it, xc!

What if, I'm listening to old 30's jazz tunes while trying to write my book, but my mind is jumping around like Mexican beans!

What if, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow because John leaves again to go to his dad's for five days.

What if I hate being here by myself?

What if, it's just better to have someone with you while you're stuck indoors?

What if, I wish it would get nice and warm again?

What if, one good thing about tomorrow is, we get paid?

What if I hope we get that economic relief fund check with our other checks?

What if that would actually be some relief, altho I will probably spend mine on a few luxuries to help me thru this crazy time?

What if, but I'll stretch it too, don't want it to all go up in smoke the first day?

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
What if I'm testing out a new sig pic...

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
what if RIP Bill Withers?

what if Lean On Me, Ain't No Sunshine and Use Me some of the best songs ever written?

what if he wrote great socially conscious songs, just like Springsteen?